Putin "to stand in Parliamentary election"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:24:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Putin "to stand in Parliamentary election"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Putin "to stand in Parliamentary election"  (Read 3503 times)
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 01:25:47 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2007, 01:36:27 PM by StateBoiler »

Jens, i'm afraid you're wrong

world not goes to cooperation and globalization but tu the strike back of state-nations, as the exemples of malaisie, venezuela, bolivia, ecuador, russia, etc.

And our interest, in europe, is to have a strong russia for make OTAN get out of here (it's only my point of view)

hummm, I'll take the comment about youth as a compliment. As a man who is not even remotely close to being a teenager anymore you gotta take the compliments you can get Wink

Back on topic, I'll take NATO (as OTAN is abbrevated in English) over a Russian hegemony at any time. At least the Americans have some kind of democracy, while the Russian "democracy" has been run by a drunkard and now by a man who sees him self more as a Savior and Zar than a democratic elected president.

Your comment on Venezuela ect and nationalstates, I just don't get!

I honestly don't know why people really expect any better out of politicians. Politicians are a power-hungry group of people with little in the way of morals if they stand in their way that have to be dragged kicking and screaming away from their office. That is true democracy: demagoguery. We'd all just be better off admitting it's a corrupt system by nature and than work from there. So don't put Russian "democracy" in quotes. That was as good as Russian democracy was ever going to get to start with. You honestly expected a country that had authoritarian rule since the Middle Ages to switch to "power of the people" in 15 years, after said system was brought to them by their sworn enemy?

There's a lesson in that for the Middle East as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies