Has the forum run it's race?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:37:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has the forum run it's race?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Has the forum run it's race?  (Read 3990 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:02:52 PM »

I've been here since January 2004, and I never remember it truly ever being this biased. The liberals on the forum (Eraserhead, Gabu, Jfern, Boss Tweed, BRTD, EBowed) and others dominate...while the only real Republicans left are mostly more "rinos" (KEmperor, Andrew Berger, Walter Mitty, ect). With the exception of people like myself, Inks, Fezzy and Rin-Chan...there aren't many conservatives left...making the forum exceptionally biased to where you can't even have a logical poll.

With Keystone Phil gone...NixonNow gone...as well as others....you begin to wonder if the forum has run it's race...especially for the right.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »

im sure phil will be back.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:10:07 PM »

I don't think so...he calls me and texts me everyday and I think he's done.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »

With the exception of people like myself, Inks, Fezzy and Rin-Chan...there aren't many conservatives left...

What about Robert Stark? He's a good Republican.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 06:24:34 PM »

See I thought what we are seeing now (younger teenagers joining, the forum losing older members) was gonna happen in 2009 following the Presidential Election...not 2007.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »

Sigh, just because the rest of us aren't nostalgic for what life was like when we were toddlers, doesn't make us "rinos."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 06:26:33 PM »

I've been here since January 2004, and I never remember it truly ever being this biased. The liberals on the forum (Eraserhead, Gabu, Jfern, Boss Tweed, BRTD, EBowed) and others dominate...while the only real Republicans left are mostly more "rinos" (KEmperor, Andrew Berger, Walter Mitty, ect). With the exception of people like myself, Inks, Fezzy and Rin-Chan...there aren't many conservatives left...making the forum exceptionally biased to where you can't even have a logical poll.

With Keystone Phil gone...NixonNow gone...as well as others....you begin to wonder if the forum has run it's race...especially for the right.

Firstly, we can't help dominating. This is a public forum and it can't be considered "biased". Whoever wants to use it uses it. Wink

Secondly, if you want more conservatives on here, why not recruit some of your friends or something?

Lastly, you should never look to ANY forums for accurate polling. There is nothing scientific about internet polling. Internet polls are done only for our personal amusement.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »

Run its race and has chaning political landscape are very different things Naso.....very different things.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »

Run its race and has chaning political landscape are very different things Naso.....very different things.

This is also true. There are less Republicans in existence (in general) thanks to Bush's failed second term and that has been reflected here to some extent.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »

This is also true. There are less Republicans in existence (in general) thanks to Bush's failed second term presidency and that has been reflected here to some extent.
Fixed.

But yeah, that is the case for sure. If it wasn't for Bush, I might be sporting a blue avatar on this site. Of course a lot of other things I learned the last few years turned me off from the Republican Party (not to mention I never liked the RR), but Bush was huge. And he's alienated a lot of people arguably more Conservative than Naso too.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 06:43:20 PM »

while the only real Republicans left are mostly more "rinos" (KEmperor, Andrew Berger, Walter Mitty, ect).
Just because they're not neo-cons doesn't mean they're liberals.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 06:50:04 PM »

I'm also assuming Naso's main issue is with the lack of social conservatives since there are plenty of economic conservatives on here.

Well maybe that is because many of them live in rural areas and don't fully grasp the concept of the "internets" yet. Food for thought.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 07:03:09 PM »

I have to agree with both main factors that have been mentioned by the previous posters.

1)  The GOP is not very popular at the moment, which is leading to the there being a greater number of Democrats posting at the moment.

2)  You seem to be focusing a lot on social conservatism, which just isn't very big on this forum, even among the Republicans.  Plenty of us Republicans due to economic conservatism, which doesn't seem to be your primary issue.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 07:07:33 PM »

No Naso, there aren't much neo-conservatives like you left, but many moderate GOPers
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »

Recruit more conservatives if you're that concerned.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 08:00:46 PM »

With the exception of people like myself, Inks, Fezzy and Rin-Chan...there aren't many conservatives left...

What about Robert Stark? He's a good Republican.
No. He seems more like a reform party(Pat Buchanan reform party that is) type to me.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »

Generally, the Internet doesn't have too many Republicans on it...so it's not too surprising that the Forum demographics are similarly screwed.

But don't worry, I'm sure we'll be getting plenty more people (on both sides) as we get closer to next Novermber.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »

Nope. The balance of political ideologies posting here is constantly in shift. Just because yours isn't doing too hot at the moment doesn't mean the forum has "run its race".
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 09:18:25 PM »

On a somewhat unrelated note, the phrase you are looking for is "run its course," not "run its race."  And that apostrophe is just bothering me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 09:29:45 PM »

YEAH!  I'm famous - according to Naso - famous and rare.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »

No Naso, there aren't much neo-conservatives like you left, but many moderate GOPers

For the last time "neo-conservatives" are moderate, for the most part.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »

I have noticed that the forum tends to be a little slanted politically, but I don’t really have a problem with it. If the left wingers can get more people to join this site then the right can, that says a lot about the comparing organizational skills of the two sides.  But its not like anyone is preventing more Republicans from joining. Hell, I try to get people to sign up for this site if I see anyone I think would like it, and maybe you should try and do the same.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 10:43:06 PM »

I have noticed that the forum tends to be a little slanted politically, but I don’t really have a problem with it. If the left wingers can get more people to join this site then the right can, that says a lot about the comparing organizational skills of the two sides.  But its not like anyone is preventing more Republicans from joining. Hell, I try to get people to sign up for this site if I see anyone I think would like it, and maybe you should try and do the same.

A little!?  Go look at the political matrix map.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 10:52:13 PM »

I have noticed that the forum tends to be a little slanted politically, but I don’t really have a problem with it. If the left wingers can get more people to join this site then the right can, that says a lot about the comparing organizational skills of the two sides.  But its not like anyone is preventing more Republicans from joining. Hell, I try to get people to sign up for this site if I see anyone I think would like it, and maybe you should try and do the same.

A little!?  Go look at the political matrix map.

While you're at it, eliminate all of the people who don't post here.

'Cause there's an awful lot.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 10:59:12 PM »

For the last time "neo-conservatives" are moderate, for the most part.
No they're not. They just accept a larger federal government and/or more deficit spending than most other conservative factions. But that doesn't make them "moderate," especially given their belligerent foreign policy.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies