South Park Conservative-MasterJedi '07 Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:04:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South Park Conservative-MasterJedi '07 Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: South Park Conservative-MasterJedi '07 Campaign Headquarters  (Read 3253 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2007, 06:14:45 PM »
« edited: September 30, 2007, 09:50:14 PM by Lt. Gov. South Park Conservative »

This will serve as mine and Masterjedi's campaign headquarters during our presidential run. I would like to make clear that I will be making regular campaign stops (daily basis) and will be posting campaign developments here. Feel free to ask any questions.

Exploratory Commitee
Declaration of Candidacy
National Weekly Atlasian Presidential Straw Poll
Press Conference
Validity of Abstaintions Amendment (Midwest)
South Park Conservative On the Issues
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02:58 PM »

Good luck. You have my full support.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »

Campaign Stop from Des Moines, IA

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. As I begin to embark on my presidential campaign, you might ask, "What would you do differently that the Colin-Jas administration?" Well, I will try to answer my question simply. The reform's of the Colin-Jas administration mostly would/did give the executive branch and the people more power in matters that were previously given to the Senate. If I was elected president, I would instead try to encourage more regional power. I would both ask the Senate to propose some amendments I would offer that would increase regional power, and actively encourage the regional governments to become more active. Thank you.
   I would aslo like to thank the fine Senator from Lousiana for his support.
(SPC leaves stage to several cheers.)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:24:10 PM »

Campaign Stop from Des Moines, IA

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. As I begin to embark on my presidential campaign, you might ask, "What would you do differently that the Colin-Jas administration?" Well, I will try to answer my question simply. The reform's of the Colin-Jas administration mostly would/did give the executive branch and the people more power in matters that were previously given to the Senate. If I was elected president, I would instead try to encourage more regional power. I would both ask the Senate to propose some amendments I would offer that would increase regional power, and actively encourage the regional governments to become more active. Thank you.
   I would aslo like to thank the fine Senator from Lousiana for his support.
(SPC leaves stage to several cheers.)

If I may, I have a question on this topic.

Two years ago, I spent 3 months as Lt. Governor of the Midwest during which time I worked with then Governor CheeseWhiz and independently on various Constitutional Amendments and regional propositions. When I became Governor during the seccession crisis, I continued to put forward reforms and propositions and actively encouraged the Midwestern population to do the same. I believe the records will bear out that during this period, there was a reasonably continuous discussion and debate in the region on a host of issues, with often times a sizable list of matters to be voted on. I would also suggest that there has been a noticeable and serious decline in the region's activity in the intervening period.

You have stated you wish to encourage more regional activity. You have been the Lt. Governor of the Midwest region for around 4 months now. I would ask you what you have done from within the executive branch of the Midwestern region to bolster activity there since you entered office and how you rate your time and effectiveness in that office. Further, I would ask, given that you advocate an increase in regional powers - in which ways should the regional powers be bolstered?

Thank you.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »

Campaign Stop From Milwaukee, WI

Greetings, once again, ladies and gentlemen. To begin this campaign stop, I would lke to remind the honarable Vice-President that, as Lt. Gov., I sponsered two ballot initiatives and aided Senator Trondheim during Cormorant-gate. I feel that, while I could have done more during my Lt. Govship, I did a sufficient job. I also wish to make it known that I hope the strengthen regional governments by leaving more issues under their jurisdiction and offering the Senate a constitutional amendment to give them the right to nullify federal laws.
   Thank you.

(SPC once again leaves the stage to multiple chants.)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 05:49:16 PM »

Campaign Stop from Lansing, MI

Hello, Michiganians. Today, I will now give a speech regarding individualism. I believe that government exists to protect each and every individual, not the majority of the populous. I do not belive in making legislation that would benefit some individuals at the enpense of others. As such, I pledge that, as president, I will never pass a law that infringes on the right of the minority, even if the majority of the Atlasian public wants it. When speeking about this, I remember a quote from one Benjamin Franklin, "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed sheep defending itself from wolves." As such, I would metaphorically defend the right of that sheep even if there are 3000 wolves. Thank you all.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 08:28:21 PM »

Campaign Stop From Milwaukee, WI

Greetings, once again, ladies and gentlemen. To begin this campaign stop, I would lke to remind the honarable Vice-President that, as Lt. Gov., I sponsered two ballot initiatives and aided Senator Trondheim during Cormorant-gate. I feel that, while I could have done more during my Lt. Govship, I did a sufficient job. I also wish to make it known that I hope the strengthen regional governments by leaving more issues under their jurisdiction and offering the Senate a constitutional amendment to give them the right to nullify federal laws.
   Thank you.

(SPC once again leaves the stage to multiple chants.)

Some follow up questions, if I may.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but were those 2 ballot initiatives to:
  • erect monuments around the region to Gov. ilikeverin
  • recognise the Cormorant as one of the Midwest's regional birds

How did your actions viz á viz the initiatives or indeed during 'Cormorant-gate' differentiate themselves from either the actions of Vice-Presidential candidate Speed of Sound, or myself?

Specifically what issues do you wish to remove from Senate control and give to the regions and how do you plan on getting the Senate to agree to the dilution of their power in this regard?

Finally, how would your proposal to give regions the right to nullify federal laws differentiate itself from the People's Referendum Amendment (as it was at final vote before the Senate) and given that example, what do you believe you will have to do in order to get such a measure to pass the Senate chamber?

Thanks.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »

Campaign Stop from Chicago, IL

Once again, I will start this campaign speech by responding to the honarable Vice-President's questions. The first statement is a misconception, as I also sponsered an initiative for a regional AIDS prevention program. My actions didn't differentiate from that of you or Speedy, though that does not dillute the fact that I did it. I hope to take matters of funding sceintific research and other subsidies from federal/senate control to regional control. In addition my nullifiction amendment would be different from the people's referendum amendment in that it woulod require regional ratification, not populist1 ratification. Thank you.

1 I mean populist in it's literal definition.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »

as I also sponsered an initiative for a regional AIDS prevention program.

What was it?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 10:46:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 09:47:40 AM »

Campaign Stop from Indianapolis, IN

Welcome, fellow Atlasians! Today, my daily camapign speech will deal with taxation. I belive that every man has a right to the fruits of his labors, regardless of class, and, as president, I don't have any intention of taking that away from you. I don't think that people in Nyman have the right to take any portion of your earnings to use it on what they would like to spend it on. As president, I would never sign a bill that would subsidize an interest group unless 1) it specifically stated what the means of revenue for it would be and 2) that means of revenue would not come from taxpayers' dollars. I believe that it would be best if people were to fund those interest groups through voluntary charitable donations, not involuntary taxation. Thank you.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 06:24:44 PM »

This coming week I will make a few speeches, I have been busy but I will get some time this week to be more active.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 02:47:16 PM »

Campaign Stop from Columbus, OH

Greetings, once again, fellow Atlasians! First, I would like to thank my running mate Masterjedi for deciding to make some speeches for the campaign later this week. Second, it would seem as though our campaign isn't doing very well in the National Weekly Atlasian presidential staw poll this weekend, so I encourage any supporter of our campaign that hasn't voted in the straw poll yet to please do so. And finally, I would like to hold a press conference to ask about my campaign. Thank you.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »

Bumped.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »

Campaign Stop from Philladelphia, PA

Greetings, fellow Atlasians. First of all, sorry for not being here the last two days; I was busy. Second, I would like to address our disappointing straw poll finish. But, it is worth noting that every voter spare me and Inks were Progressives. The general electorate is less Progressive than the voters in the straw poll were, and the poll had a high margin of error. Though we only got 7% in the straw poll, it is very possible that we would get somewhere between the high teens and low twenties in the general election. However, I still realize my campaign is a true longshot. However, if we all come together, help the campaign, and vote, we can win! Thank you.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »

Campaign Stop from Pittsburgh, PA

Greetings. Today, I would like to use my campaign speech to discuss a bill on the Senate floor. There is curretnly a bill being debated upon that would add an additional $50 million in funding to adult stem cell research. I am wholeheartedly opposed to this, as the means of revenue for this subsidy is not listed, and it is thus implied that this will come from taxpayer dollars. If I am elected President, I would never sign a bill that would subsidize a particular interest group through the involuntary "donations" of Atlasian taxpayers. Instead, I would encourage charitable donations to these groups if they have anoble cause by rewarding donations with tax breaks. If the Senate were to either amend the bill so that the funds for this project doesn't come for tax dollars or scrap the bil altogether, I would appreciate that. Thank you.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »

Do you support stem cell research? I don't want to hear the money/tax reason you've argued above.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 06:20:37 PM »

Instead, I would encourage charitable donations to these groups if they have anoble cause by rewarding donations with tax breaks.

The Senate will not pass the type of unfair rich-friendly tax cuts you support.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 06:41:25 PM »

Do you support stem cell research? I don't want to hear the money/tax reason you've argued above.

Yes, I support stem-cell research. I believe a scientist has a right to study anything he wants so long a he doesn't hurt anyone else against their will in the process. If the scientist makes a life-saving discovery, great. If the study doesn't produce any results, oh well. Nevertheless, his research, regardless of its results, should be paid for by either himself or voluntary donations to him.

The Senate will not pass the type of unfair rich-friendly tax cuts you support.

My tax cuts would be the same for everyone regardless of class. The rich and middle class primarily would benefit from getting a lower tax burden. The poor classes primarily would benefit from a cure to a life-saving disease
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

My tax cuts would be the same for everyone regardless of class.

Not relative to impact on personal finance, no.

The poor classes primarily would benefit from a cure to a life-saving disease

Libertarian dream-land where private charity always comes through is just great.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »

Campaign Stop from New York, New York

I am making tommorow's campaign stop early. Right now, I will address the End to Districts Amendment. I am sad to say that there words came from our own president's mouth:

I don't give a sh**t about the regions, I don't give a sh**t about your power

I thank my opponents Governor Polnut and Governor Inks for voting down this monstrosity of an amendment. As for our President and Vice-President, I do not have kind words to say. I would like to inform the president that some of us actually do care about regional rights. At this extremely anti-federalist time in Atlasia, were should be expanding regional power, not diminishing it! We need to be protecting republicanism in Atlasia, and not replace it with tyranny-by-the-majority! We need a president who would be willing to decrease federal power and increase regional power, and I feel that the current administration is doing an insufficient job at that. I can't speak for the other candidates, but I know that I would be willing to vote against a bill or an amendment, even if it doesn't suit my purposes. What we need in Atlasia is greater balance, and this amendment would only give an unfair playing field to the left-leaning candidates of Atlasia. Thank you, and I urge everyone to vote against this anti-regional Leviathan called the End of Districts Amendment!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 05:20:27 AM »

Campaign Stop from New York, New York

I am making tommorow's campaign stop early. Right now, I will address the End to Districts Amendment. I am sad to say that there words came from our own president's mouth:

I don't give a sh**t about the regions, I don't give a sh**t about your power

I thank my opponents Governor Polnut and Governor Inks for voting down this monstrosity of an amendment. As for our President and Vice-President, I do not have kind words to say. I would like to inform the president that some of us actually do care about regional rights. At this extremely anti-federalist time in Atlasia, were should be expanding regional power, not diminishing it! We need to be protecting republicanism in Atlasia, and not replace it with tyranny-by-the-majority! We need a president who would be willing to decrease federal power and increase regional power, and I feel that the current administration is doing an insufficient job at that. I can't speak for the other candidates, but I know that I would be willing to vote against a bill or an amendment, even if it doesn't suit my purposes. What we need in Atlasia is greater balance, and this amendment would only give an unfair playing field to the left-leaning candidates of Atlasia. Thank you, and I urge everyone to vote against this anti-regional Leviathan called the End of Districts Amendment!

There may be genuine political reasons why people to oppose the amendment - that you and Governor Inks and promoting this as a rallying cry for regional rights is a travesty.

I have no respect for someone who proclaims regional rights to be improtant but proceeds to do nothing from his own position in a regional government to promote and utilise these rights. The regions actually have a great deal of power, they have control over a wide variety of areas within their own borders - they simply choose not to use it.

This amendment does not impinge upon regional rights in any way, shape or form and I will have no truck with any arguemtn to the contrary.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:34 AM »

People don't seem to understand the name, End to DISTRICTS, not End to all REGIONS and all Governors
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:29 PM »

I have no respect for someone who proclaims regional rights to be improtant but proceeds to do nothing from his own position in a regional government to promote and utilise these rights. The regions actually have a great deal of power, they have control over a wide variety of areas within their own borders - they simply choose not to use it.

I've sponsered two amendments to the Midwest Constitution, took part in a constitutional crisis, and attempted to open a voting booth (the latter of which you yourself prevented me from doing, even though the current governor later affirmed that what I had done was constitutional). To accuse me of doing less than I should have is acceptable, but to completely discredit my service as lieutenant governor is a disgrace. In fact, I probably would have done more as lt. governor had you not harrased me with the voting booth, which scared me from doing anything else! You shouldn't be one to criticize me for doing something as a lt. governor and then go on to complain about how I don't do anything as lt. governor!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »

Wow, you sponsored two amendments?  That's jacksh**t buddy.

There is nothing worse than a moronic know-it-all Libertarian who actually thinks that a.) the amendment has anything to do with Regional power and b.) expanding Regional "power" will increase game participation when the Regions already have the power to determine all sorts of things.  I try to keep the Pacific Region active by regularly proposing bills to debate in our regional legislature; I don't see you doing the same thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies