Vote in Congress Tues. or Wed to stop Mexican trucks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:14:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Vote in Congress Tues. or Wed to stop Mexican trucks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Vote in Congress Tues. or Wed to stop Mexican trucks  (Read 4652 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2007, 07:02:10 PM »

Get OVER the "illegals."  They are not doing any harm to you.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2007, 02:53:35 AM »

They're taking my money - in taxes and using it towards welfare.  They're a means for drug trafficking.  They're possible terrorists.

They're skipping the steps that normal people have to take to get into this country - they really are just scum!  If somebody does something ILLEGAL - we need to stop them.

And don't play the racist card - my great grandpa was most likely an illegal - but I still think it was/is wrong.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2007, 03:11:19 AM »

They're taking my money - in taxes and using it towards welfare.  They're a means for drug trafficking.  They're possible terrorists.

They're skipping the steps that normal people have to take to get into this country - they really are just scum!  If somebody does something ILLEGAL - we need to stop them.

And don't play the racist card - my great grandpa was most likely an illegal - but I still think it was/is wrong.

If Gramps was an illegal you need to leave.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2007, 07:44:49 PM »

They're taking my money - in taxes and using it towards welfare.

Most of them are unable to apply for welfare because they don't have a SS number.

They're a means for drug trafficking.  They're possible terrorists.

All 12 million of 'em.  Right.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »

Keep in mind I'm not aiming for full parity. Something between PR and MS in terms of income/standards of living. Aiming for full parity would be impossible That said part of my plan would involve dropping trade barriers against Mexico.

One word: EU. You must be a big fan of it (I am, actually).

The NAU would be much worse because of moe corporatist control.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2007, 03:35:33 AM »

They're taking my money - in taxes and using it towards welfare.

Most of them are unable to apply for welfare because they don't have a SS number.

They're a means for drug trafficking.  They're possible terrorists.

All 12 million of 'em.  Right.

Key word - MOST

And I don't care if 1 of them does something wrong - they ALL need to go back to wherever they came from.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »

As the number of U.S. citizens who commit crimes, aid terrorists, etc.,etc. is orders of magnitude larger than the number of illegal migrants who do so (actually, do you have a single example of an illegal migrant from Mexico that has anything to do w/ terror?), I suggest first deporting all U.S. citizens. We can deal w/ relatively law-abiding illegals later.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2007, 10:33:36 AM »

Keep in mind I'm not aiming for full parity. Something between PR and MS in terms of income/standards of living. Aiming for full parity would be impossible That said part of my plan would involve dropping trade barriers against Mexico.

Now, tell us how corporations are running the show in the EU with a straight face.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2007, 11:04:46 AM »

Now, tell us how corporations are running the show in the EU with a straight face.

You think the EU is not run by corporations?  Talk about naive.  The only things not run by corporations are places like North Korea, Cuba, Burma.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »

He's sort of, kinda, right.. but only if include Corporations in wider term of "special interests" (Big Farmers and Agri-industries being an obvious example) - of course they don't run the show, but have far more influence than usually imagined. Sort of.

Still doesn't mean he's not a complete nutjob though.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »

You think the EU is not run by corporations?  Talk about naive.  The only things not run by corporations are places like North Korea, Cuba, Burma.

Cuba is a family business, and Burma belongs to a closed group of investors, so it does not let others see the books. NK.... well NK belongs to God the Father and His Son, but they do rely heavily on the SK business to mainain the divine lifestyle.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2007, 05:36:44 PM by Verily »

He's sort of, kinda, right.. but only if include Corporations in wider term of "special interests" (Big Farmers and Agri-industries being an obvious example) - of course they don't run the show, but have far more influence than usually imagined. Sort of.

Still doesn't mean he's not a complete nutjob though.

Well, they certainly exist, but to a much lesser extent than in the US (partially because the EU is a weaker union, of course). However, they also exist and are powerful in the constituent nations of the EU, so they aren't an argument against EU (or NAU) consolidation.

When the only people arguing against me are a neo-Nazi and an anarcho-syndicalist, I know I'm right.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies