Tennessee to carry out first electrocution in nearly 47 years
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:25:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennessee to carry out first electrocution in nearly 47 years
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Tennessee to carry out first electrocution in nearly 47 years  (Read 7341 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »

Thank God. The more people we kill the less people there will be who will kill us. Especially the retarded ones.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »

Good riddance to trash.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 09:43:51 PM »

Thank God. The more people we kill the less people there will be who will kill us. Especially the retarded ones.

Now, now, don't be so hard on yourself.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »

Hanging or the guillotine, if done correctly, is probably more humane than either, because death is usually near-instantaneous. Of the two, hanging is better, as its cheaper, has less risk of certain complications (like the guillotine blade getting stuck), and only requires a little math to ensure no lingering, inhumane deaths. 
I agree.  The worst thing we can do is let the criminal do even more damage to society by wasting our tax dollars.

Except your average execution costs more than average life imprisonment.
That's incorrect unless the price of rope these days is running up there with gold.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »

Hanging or the guillotine, if done correctly, is probably more humane than either, because death is usually near-instantaneous. Of the two, hanging is better, as its cheaper, has less risk of certain complications (like the guillotine blade getting stuck), and only requires a little math to ensure no lingering, inhumane deaths. 
I agree.  The worst thing we can do is let the criminal do even more damage to society by wasting our tax dollars.

Except your average execution costs more than average life imprisonment.
That's incorrect unless the price of rope these days is running up there with gold.

His statement is true if you consider all of the appeals with their legal costs and whatnot.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 10:38:37 PM »

Don't be sad, I'm sure the state is getting 'carbon credits' for burning all that electricity. Smiley

"Fire it up!"

To quote Howard Dean, "YYYYYEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"
How many gigs of snuff vids do you have on your computer?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 10:49:38 PM »

Ugh, you're such a troll.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 10:50:39 PM »

Takes one to know one.

LOL BURN
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 11:05:31 PM »

Takes one to know one.

LOL BURN
Both of you suck at trolling. Where's the telling them that they heeled or the implying they're gay?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 11:13:36 PM »

Takes one to know one.

LOL BURN
Both of you suck at trolling. Where's the telling them that they heeled or the implying they're gay?
Straha heeled.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 11:21:38 PM »

Child murdering trash no less.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 11:36:25 PM »

Takes one to know one.

LOL BURN
Straha heeled.
No. I win.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2007, 12:58:58 AM »

The South needs to join us in the 21st Century. The lethal injection works just fine.

He chose it!

Let 'em fry!!!

uh, aren't you supposed to be Christian?

Capital punishment is highly Biblical
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'  But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.  And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.  If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.  Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'  But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.  And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.  If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.  Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

That's individual based.  That's not government - don't take stuff out of context.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 02:56:22 AM »

That's individual based.  That's not government - don't take stuff out of context.

LOL wtf Huh
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 03:00:43 AM »

I wasn't aware that governments weren't made up of individuals.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 06:47:07 AM »

hypocrite. How can you arbitrarily say that the biblical beliefs relating to revenge apply to individuals only, but say also that the biblical beliefs relating to homosexuality and such apply to society and government as a whole?

It seems so incredibly arbitrary, and it fact, makes it sounds like you're just switching your interpretation of the bible to match whatever political position you want it to defend.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »

No sane person that knows anything about hanging could ever call it "humane".

Humane, I don't know... but fair, I'm sure.

God bless Tennessee.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »

Takes one to know one.

LOL BURN
Straha heeled.

Epic fail.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »

Oh brother...

If you take solace in a government killing someone to the extent that you think they have done God's work, you are a piece of shit.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2007, 04:36:44 PM »

hypocrite. How can you arbitrarily say that the biblical beliefs relating to revenge apply to individuals only, but say also that the biblical beliefs relating to homosexuality and such apply to society and government as a whole?

It seems so incredibly arbitrary, and it fact, makes it sounds like you're just switching your interpretation of the bible to match whatever political position you want it to defend.

B/c there's a difference in commands to a gov't and individuals.

That's like saying that the government should tithe because individuals are commanded to - don't take things out of context - and don't dare accuse me of switching interpretations of the Bible - honestly - how much Biblical knowledge do you even have?  I had 8 years of Bible, plus my dad's a pastor.

I'm getting really tired of all the strawman/misinterpretation Biblical arguments used on this forum.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2007, 05:27:08 PM by StateBoiler »

I'm getting really tired of all the strawman/misinterpretation Biblical arguments used on this forum.

You're discussing politics on the internet, what'd you expect?

(The following message is my own beliefs, not a message toward you Queen Mum.)

I've always thought the death penalty was wrong just cause I thought abortion was wrong. You can't pick and choose where "the sanctity of life" applies when it suits your political purposes.

I've never understood how people could say they have moral conscience be their guide in either case when they see nothing wrong with other.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »

You're discussing politics on the internet, what'd you expect?

(The following message is my own beliefs, not a message toward you Queen Mum.)

I've always thought the death penalty was wrong just cause I thought abortion was wrong. You can't pick and choose where "the sanctity of life" applies when it suits your political purposes.

I've never understood how people could say they have moral conscience be their guide in either case when they see nothing wrong with other.

I imagine they'd draw the distinction as the fetus, having not been born, is innocent. Personally I think that is silly since according to them no one is born innocent. But I'm also weird because I believe that, according to their belief that aborted babies (likely) go to heaven, they should be all for abortions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:53 PM »

I'm a death penalty supporter, but I do not support the electric chair
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: