15% of Canadians for Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  15% of Canadians for Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 15% of Canadians for Bush  (Read 30932 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 06, 2004, 05:00:33 PM »

In a recent poll, 15% of Canadians say that they would vote for President Bush if they had the oppurtunity.

http://www.axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/article_4987.shtml

This shows the world's opposition to the Bush presidency.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 05:43:30 PM »

Who cares?  What are the Canadians going to do about it?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 05:49:28 PM »

Well, it shows CANADA'S opposition to Bush. I'm sure most European countries would follow suit, but prolly a little higher.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 05:52:12 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2004, 05:52:51 PM by jmfcst »

Well, it shows CANADA'S opposition to Bush. I'm sure most European countries would follow suit, but prolly a little higher.

And your point is....what?  

Are they going to stop trading with the US?  No, they're obviously are more economically dependent on us than we are on them.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 05:59:19 PM »

It's days like today that I wish canada was a state-in fact, a few states, then they'd have more EVs. If all the canadian provinces joined, what would there EVs be?

I dunno the actual pop'l of them all, but just estimating, it would be 3 for Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut, 5 for BC, 5 for Alberta, 4 for Manitoba, 4 for Sasketchewan, 16 for Ontario, 10 for Quebec, 4 for NB, 5 for Nova Scotia, 3 for PEI and 3 for Newfoundland, or so, which would mean 68 new EVs, most of which would go to the Democrats.

They'd win BC, Ontario, Quebec, NB and Nova Scotia, at least, eh?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 06:11:55 PM »

It's days like today that I wish canada was a state-in fact, a few states, then they'd have more EVs. If all the canadian provinces joined, what would there EVs be?

I dunno the actual pop'l of them all, but just estimating, it would be 3 for Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut, 5 for BC, 5 for Alberta, 4 for Manitoba, 4 for Sasketchewan, 16 for Ontario, 10 for Quebec, 4 for NB, 5 for Nova Scotia, 3 for PEI and 3 for Newfoundland, or so, which would mean 68 new EVs, most of which would go to the Democrats.

They'd win BC, Ontario, Quebec, NB and Nova Scotia, at least, eh?

Better yet, why don't you just go to live in Canada?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 06:16:03 PM »

I like Canada; I love America.

I'm just saying that it would be great to have Canada as part of the US; then the Democrats would have an even greater chance of winning the election Smiley

Plus also, I think most americans would like to have Canadians as US citizens, they are always so polite. it would help our world image no end Tongue
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 06:20:53 PM »

I think most americans would like to have Canadians as US citizens

Please spare us from learning how you reached such a conclusion.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 06:27:01 PM »

As long as you spare me the conclusion that I should move to Canada becvause I posted about how many EVs Canada would have, in a post that said nothing positive or negative about Canada.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 06:32:33 PM »

I did not make this thread to try to expose JMF's xenophobic ways, but it has done just that.  Anyway, I will imitate a John post on this subject below:

Canadans will not chose the president
american will chose who they want bush kerry
i think americans wil chose bush on nov 2 204 51-32%

bush will have 310 votes to kery 108

---

good?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 06:44:45 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2004, 06:45:21 PM by jmfcst »

I did not make this thread to try to expose JMF's xenophobic ways, but it has done just that.

Look, just because your educational path didn't lead you to stumble upon the fact that the GOP was known as the "conservative" party back in 40-60's, don't add insult to your own injury by taking the desire to live in an independent country and confusing it with the condition of xenophobic.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 06:47:30 PM »

2 entries found for xenophobic.
xen·o·phobe    
A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

---

I never referred to the GOP as the liberal party.  What I said was that many Democrats were more conservative than many Republicans at that times, see Wallace v. Nixon, Thurmond v. Eisenhower.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 06:48:47 PM »

I did not make this thread to try to expose JMF's xenophobic ways, but it has done just that.

Look, just because your educational path didn't lead you to stumble upon the fact that the GOP was known as the "conservative" party back in 40-60's, don't add insult to your own injury by taking the desire to live in an independent country and confusing it with the condition of xenophobic.

I don't think the US would cease to be an independent country if you allowed Canada to join...
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »

I don't think the US would cease to be an independent country if you allowed Canada to join...

Nor do we cease to be independent by NOT allowing the Canadians to join.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 06:53:02 PM »

No...but how is that relevant? That nothing changes if you change nothing is kind of obvious.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 06:57:14 PM »

Our nation is glorious because we keep incorporating states. Imagine how much our economy  would grow if all of a sudden we added another g8 economy beside us?

In all ways, except for the fact the Republicans would find it harder to win elections, the admission of Canada could only benefit us.

Plus, it would make free public healthcare a state issue, because it is unlikely that the Canucks will get rid of it, therefore allowing current US states to introduce it without it having to be nationwide, which would probably be too expensive. Although with the extra money from the new economy....
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 07:00:27 PM »

The electoral votes would go:
Alberta   6
British Columbia   8
Manitoba   4
New Brunswick   3
Newfoundland   3
Nova Scotia   3
Ontario    19
Quebec                 13
Sasketchewan   3

The others could not become states by themselves.
Most of those ev's would likely be democrat, but not all.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 07:03:47 PM »
« Edited: February 06, 2004, 07:11:28 PM by jmfcst »

xen·o·phobe    
A person unduly fearful or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

I have never indicated a fear or contempt for foreigners.  I just don't want them mucking around in my business.  Same goes for next door neighbors on my block.

Pro 25:17 "Seldom set foot in your neighbor's house- too much of you, and he will hate you."

Wanting independence and privacy is not a symptom of fear, rather it is a sign of confidence.

---

I never referred to the GOP as the liberal party.  What I said was that many Democrats were more conservative than many Republicans at that times, see Wallace v. Nixon, Thurmond v. Eisenhower.

I don't know by what "conservative" measure you're using to compare these people.  But the fact are clear and are not in question:
1)the GOP was known as the conservative party in the time frame in question
2)the GOP has a voting record more accepting of civil rights than the Dems voting record.  This record dates back to the 1850's.
3)racism, by definition, is not a "conservative" doctrine of Christianity.  Racism and Christianity are in conflict with each other.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 07:09:21 PM »

No...but how is that relevant? That nothing changes if you change nothing is kind of obvious.

Well, Canada joining would mean that the US is no longer independent of Canada.

Why do you have a problem with American independence?  Does it offend you that we do not choose to give up our sovereignty to other country?  Does the world find the US's Declaration of Independence offensive?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 07:11:39 PM »

Why do you have a problem with American independence?  Does it offend you that we do not choose to give up our sovereignty to other country?  Does the world find the US's Declaration of Independence offensive?

Yes. You must develop a British accent and stop brushing your teeth. Immediately.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2004, 07:14:16 PM »

xen·o·phobe    

I have never indicated a fear or contempt for foreigners.  I just don't want them mucking around in my business.  Same goes for next door neighbors on my block.

Pro 25:17 "Seldom set foot in your neighbor's house- too much of you, and he will hate you."

Wanting independence and privacy is not a symptom of fear, rather it is a sign of confidence.

---

I don't know by what "conservative" measure you're using to compare these people.  But the fact are clear and are not in question:
1)the GOP was known as the conservative party in the time frame in question
2)the GOP has a voting record more accepting of civil rights than the Dems voting record.  This record dates back to the 1850's.
3)racism, by definition, is not a "conservative" doctrine of Christianity.  Racism and Christianity are in conflict with each other.
Again, you fail to back up an argument without using the bible or religion.

I never said Christianity = Racism.  You know that I never said that.

And, at the old forum, you displayed much comtempt with European members.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2004, 07:15:02 PM »

I have heard that there is movement in UK which work for the joining to USA.

I suppose that in Finland only 5-10 percent of people would vote for Bush.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2004, 07:23:13 PM »

Hughento. Public healthcare is not too expensive. In Finland we have enough money for it. Why you would not have?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 07:23:45 PM »

What? In what way have I shown that I "have a problem with American independence"? All I am saying is that I do not believe you would be giving up you independece, Canada would be giving up their's, b/c they're much smaller. Got it?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 07:25:27 PM »

Because we have nearly 300 million people, and a President who is rasing spending on the military and cutting taxes.

I think if individual states want it, they should be able to have it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies