NJ-3: Sen. Adler Hints at Running Against Saxton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:40:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-3: Sen. Adler Hints at Running Against Saxton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-3: Sen. Adler Hints at Running Against Saxton  (Read 1362 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:32:34 AM »

State Sen. John Adler has recently written a "diary" at the blog Blue Jersey. The diary, http://www.bluejersey.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=5480 , is pretty much all about Saxton. It's starting to look like he's really serious and might jump in. It's pretty much a 50-50 district. The DCCC recently spent money on radio ads in the district too and they have met with Adler.

It might not be this district but I think NJ is looking pretty good for one dem pick up in 2008.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:30:49 AM »

This definitely isn't the district, considering Saxton's past performances against heavily financed challengers.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 12:31:30 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2007, 12:33:21 PM by General MAS117 »

Yes, it will be an uphill battle, but I believe it is winnable with good fundraising and voter outreach. Look for this to be one of the hottest races in the country if Adler gets in.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:57:09 PM »

Yes, it will be an uphill battle, but I believe it is winnable with good fundraising and voter outreach. Look for this to be one of the hottest races in the country if Adler gets in.

Any reason to believe Adler is going to be that much stronger a candidate than Susan Bass Levin?  (Personally, I find him to be a weaker candidate.)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:29:39 PM »

She was only mayor of Cherry Hill, so she had little personal appeal to anyone outside of Cherry Hill; Adler may be able to do more. Honestly, Bass Levin's performance was rather shockingly bad, but Sexton came almost as close in 2006 without doing anything at all, so Saxton may simply be more vulnerable today against a generic opponent than he was in 2000.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 01:59:44 PM »

She was only mayor of Cherry Hill, so she had little personal appeal to anyone outside of Cherry Hill; Adler may be able to do more.

Adler's LD and Saxton's CD overlap only in Cherry Hill, and nowhere else.

Honestly, Bass Levin's performance was rather shockingly bad, but Sexton came almost as close in 2006 without doing anything at all, so Saxton may simply be more vulnerable today against a generic opponent than he was in 2000.

I won't deny that it's moved a little bit to the blue, but 16 points worth?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »

Any reason to believe Adler is going to be that much stronger a candidate than Susan Bass Levin?  (Personally, I find him to be a weaker candidate.)

Yes, Adler is so much more well liked then SBL. Most people in CH were not fond with her in her last couple term or two as Mayor. Adler is more popular and more well liked all around, and in the surrounding areas. I disagree with you 110% that Adler is a weaker candidate then SBL.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:35:44 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2007, 07:37:17 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

Yes, Adler is so much more well liked then SBL. Most people in CH were not fond with her in her last couple term or two as Mayor. Adler is more popular and more well liked all around, and in the surrounding areas. I disagree with you 110% that Adler is a weaker candidate then SBL.

I've heard Adler's name before and I think he has a shot.  Interesting note (and I think I mentioned this to you), I am househunting in pretty much NJ 3.  I will likely be a voter there in 2008.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

I've heard Adler's name before and I think he has a shot.  Interesting note (and I think I mentioned this to you), I am househunting in pretty much NJ 3.  I will likely be a voter there in 2008.

I am sure you'll find much better bargains in NJ 1!  Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »

I am sure you'll find much better bargains in NJ 1!  Wink

Actually some of the places I'm looking at are in NJ 1, but the nicer parts of the district.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2007, 01:27:46 PM by Mr. Moderate »

Actually some of the places I'm looking at are in NJ 1, but the nicer parts of the district.

If you're looking for a real steal in NJ-01...

[ding, dong]

ICE HOCKEY, this INSTANT BARGAIN is just for you!  Take a listen!

"This Fairview Single Family home is the deal of a lifetime!  With three bedrooms one bath, and plenty of entertaining room, this is the perfect place to live and raise a family!  You'll love the spacious dining room, and the master bedroom on the main floor is to die for!  Normally, a home meeting this description would retail for hundreds of thousands of dollars!  But today, on $ale of the Century, this home can be yours for only one dollar!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »

If you're looking for a real steal in NJ-01...

[ding, dong]

ICE HOCKEY, this INSTANT BARGAIN is just for you!  Take a listen!

"This Fairview Single Family home is the deal of a lifetime!  With three bedrooms one bath, and plenty of entertaining room, this is the perfect place to live and raise a family!  You'll love the spacious dining room, and the master bedroom on the main floor is to die for!  Normally, a home meeting this description would retail for hundreds of thousands of dollars!  But today, on $ale of the Century, this home can be yours for only one dollar!

I'm thinking a little father north or east of there.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 08:24:39 PM »

Oh, now come on.  All this for just a dollar—not even the value of one question!

It wouldn't even cost you your lead!

Well now, what would you say if we added $100 cash to the deal?  $300?

$500?

Going once?  Going twice?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 10:33:45 PM »

Come back when you've got something good like a getaway chair.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »

No deal....  Sad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies