9/11 Commision Report
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:53:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  9/11 Commision Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 9/11 Commision Report  (Read 1090 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2004, 12:56:28 PM »

It appears that Bush and Clinton are given a pass.  Congress is riped the most, the report is sharply critical of the conduct of congress.  Edwards, Bob Graham and Jay Rockefeller all went out of their way to stick it to Bush and claim that he was responsable for 9/11, now it appears that this report is laying blame heavily on there sholders (I pick them because they are on the Senate Intellegence Committee).

Does this mean anything for country?  The campaign?
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 01:02:09 PM »

Doesn't mean really anything to the campaign.  One less thing for the donkeys to bash Bush over.  Don't worry.  They'll just find something else.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 01:08:37 PM »

I agree with agcat.  From the initial coverage I've heard about the report, there isn't much in there which can be used against Bush as a "Gotcha."  I doubt that the Republicans will use this as a tool against the Dems either.  Just one less thing off the shoulders of the Bush campaign.  This is being trumped at the moment though with the rumor that there were 94 cases of misconduct/harassment in the Iraqi/Afgahn prisions by US soldiers.  However, even that isn't getting much air play with the surprising drop in first-time unemployment claims this week.  So all in all . . . it's been a moot day as far as campaigns go.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies