Biden: No one's pushing me out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 07:20:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden: No one's pushing me out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden: No one's pushing me out  (Read 787 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2024, 04:47:11 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/03/biden-no-ones-pushing-me-out-00166497

“Let me say this as clearly as I possibly can — as simply and straightforward as I can: I am running … no one’s pushing me out. I’m not leaving. I’m in this race to the end and we’re going to win,” Biden said on the call.

President Biden called several congressial allies this morning. He plans a zoom call with Democratic governors this evening. He plans to be interviewed by ABC on Friday for a Sunday broadcast.

Good for President Biden. He should stay in the race

To quote Ohio senator J.D Vance
“Democrat Party elites and their media mouthpieces are now obsessed with replacing Biden on the ballot.
Amenhotep Keir Starmer
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 04:48:33 PM »

If he wants to run fine but he has to announce this in a very public address not a call
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 04:49:35 PM »

If he wants to run fine but he has to announce this in a very public address not a call

Call to allies and donors, emails, meetings, etc. Should he **** their moms and tell them to relay it to the kids?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 04:49:58 PM »

Exactly. I'm trying to be as pragmatic about this as I can but if this is REALLY how he feels, it needs to be a primetime address, not a call.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2024, 04:50:39 PM »

He wouldn't say anything to the contrary until the decision is finally made.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2024, 04:50:44 PM »

The wording of this looks very similar or identical to the email that was sent out.
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2024, 04:53:30 PM »

That's right. He's going to drop out voluntarily. For appearances sake. No one is pushing him and the decision is entirely his, as long as he makes the right decision, which he will.
Biden Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2024, 05:34:41 PM »

This afternoon I got a fundraising text from him that he's staying in as well.

I'm beginning to lose hope. At this point, so much damage has been done to his campaign from the media's response to the debate that he needs to drop out for that reason alone.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2024, 05:39:46 PM »

I'm beginning to lose hope. At this point, so much damage has been done to his campaign from the media's response to the debate that he needs to drop out for that reason alone.

Yeah, the coverage/aftermath has been worse than the debate itself, which was already very bad.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2024, 05:45:11 PM »

Absolutely not. The doomers don't get to win. Than its a self fulfilling prophecy

Doomer Poster: "We need to pressure Biden to drop out becuase he'll lose in November"

Logical Poster: "Here is why Biden shouldn't drop out"

Doomer Poster: "Well the pressure campaign damaged his campaign so he should drop out anyway. Checkmate''
Biden Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2024, 05:47:50 PM »

Absolutely not. The doomers don't get to win. Than its a self fulfilling prophecy

Doomer Poster: "We need to pressure Biden to drop out becuase he'll lose in November"

Doomer Poster: "Well the pressure campaign damaged his campaign so he should drop out anyway. Checkmate''

It is purely illogical at this point to say Biden shouldn't drop out. That is resigning ourselves to certain defeat.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2024, 05:48:25 PM »

President Trump, more likely than not.
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2024, 05:59:26 PM »

The thing you are not grasping is that Biden dropping out was inevitable from the second the debate ended.

The logical thing to do was to understand that and immediately join the "doomers."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2024, 06:08:16 PM »

Biden is not going to say that he's considering or under pressure to drop out. He'll keep saying he's not unless he finally decides he will and then will announce as such.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2024, 06:10:05 PM »

I’m not gonna say Biden is dead… but if his former testimony in a prior hearing were offered in court it would be admissible for the truth of the matter asserted.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2024, 07:16:14 PM »

If someone would like to offer a logical argument for Biden staying in the race, I'm all ears.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2024, 07:20:30 PM »

Linda Hidalgo has released a strong statement in support of the President.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2024, 07:21:07 PM »

The AFL-CIO reiterates support for Biden:

Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2024, 07:27:44 PM »

If someone would like to offer a logical argument for Biden staying in the race, I'm all ears.
There has been multiple threads
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=598263.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=597961.msg9537234#msg9537234
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=598376.0
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2024, 08:11:00 PM »

Well he better find a way to win then. If he loses this election his legacy will be tarnished forever. He has put it on the line.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2024, 08:16:02 PM »

If Biden actually tells off the histrionic media and online left and fights through this, my respect for him will increase 100x. Maybe not enough to vote for him, but enough to at least make me consider it.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2024, 08:19:25 PM »

It would be a hell of a story for him to come back and win and serve until January 2029.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2024, 08:29:24 PM »

If Biden actually tells off the histrionic media and online left and fights through this, my respect for him will increase 100x. Maybe not enough to vote for him, but enough to at least make me consider it.

The media is histrionic because THEIR COLLECTIVE MALFEASANCE is being revealed.  It is clear that they have been lying about Biden's condition for years, and they have repeated the lies of lying sources.

Voting for Biden is voting for them.  Every lie they told was for HIM, and it was because HE was the Head of the Democratic Party.  Now they didn't tell us what condition the Head of the Democratic Party was in, and they've kept this ruse up for literally years.  The only question about that is exactly how many years the ruse has been going on.  My guess is that it began full speed in 2018 because at that point, Biden was a guy who might win the 2020 nomination, at a minimum.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2024, 08:33:53 PM »

Personally I think voters will respect him telling the mainstream media to eat sh**t.

Finally a man who shares their views and also isn't a rapist.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2024, 08:36:39 PM »

The AFL-CIO reiterates support for Biden:

Very curious about this tweet, and surprised that there's no thread for this, specifically!

This seems a pretty strong backing from an ally of Biden's that, while not as influential as it was in it's heyday, is still extremely important as a political force.

That said...it's interesting that they emphasize VP Harris here in addition to Biden.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies