Donald Trump is going to win the election and democracy will be just fine by Rep.Jared Golden(D-ME)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Donald Trump is going to win the election and democracy will be just fine by Rep.Jared Golden(D-ME)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Donald Trump is going to win the election and democracy will be just fine by Rep.Jared Golden(D-ME)  (Read 1635 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2024, 05:07:21 PM »

A few things:

- Golden is an astute politician. Trump is going to win his district by 15 points possibly, lol, at this rate
- it’s not like Golden went rogue; pretty sure he ran this by some higher ups to not PO people, which should also tell you something
- he’s not wrong

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes

Anyway, Golden is clearly a vile and cowardly scumbag who is manifestly unfit for public office.

Huh? You don’t think a frontline Dem said “hey I am going to publish something disparaging toward our nominee and the sitting president” to some folks before doing it? Do you understand how the world and workplaces work??

I think Golden has always been Manchin 2.0 and this merely confirms that.  Also, I don’t think Golden gives a crap about anything except his own skin.
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2024, 05:15:18 PM »

A few things:

- Golden is an astute politician. Trump is going to win his district by 15 points possibly, lol, at this rate
- it’s not like Golden went rogue; pretty sure he ran this by some higher ups to not PO people, which should also tell you something
- he’s not wrong

Anyway, Golden is clearly a vile and cowardly scumbag who is manifestly unfit for public office.

Huh? You don’t think a frontline Dem said “hey I am going to publish something disparaging toward our nominee and the sitting president” to some folks before doing it? Do you understand how the world and workplaces work??

I think Golden has always been Manchin 2.0 and this merely confirms that.  Also, I don’t think Golden gives a crap about anything except his own skin.

Be that as it may, he won in 2020 and 2022 fairly convincingly when Democrats in less red seats lost. He knows how to win.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2024, 05:27:16 PM »

A few things:

- he’s not wrong

Be that as it may, he won in 2020 and 2022 fairly convincingly when Democrats in less red seats lost. He knows how to win.

This wasn’t necessary
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2024, 05:39:06 PM »

So wait you ADMIT Trump is ending democracy?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2024, 05:47:44 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2024, 10:25:56 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I know that Golden has to do what he has to in order to win, but one thing all Democrats across the country and spectrum need to be united on the front of Trump being a horror.
Biden Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2024, 08:05:13 PM »

He gets a pass for being in a super Trumpy district and for being cute, but even an obnoxious centrist like myself finds this framing annoying. Disciplined moderates should not be downplaying threats to democracy.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2024, 08:18:35 PM »

Unpopular opinion: people saying that democracy will end if Trump is elected is not helping defeat Trump. It just makes people feel like sh*t about politics and leads to a snowball of pessimism and destruction.
Compuzled_One
United States
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2024, 08:21:29 PM »

He gets a pass for being in a super Trumpy district and for being cute, but even an obnoxious centrist like myself finds this framing annoying. Disciplined moderates should not be downplaying threats to democracy.
Confused

...I mean, you ain't wro-
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2024, 08:30:15 PM »

Unpopular opinion: people saying that democracy will end if Trump is elected is not helping defeat Trump. It just makes people feel like sh*t about politics and leads to a snowball of pessimism and destruction.

Off topic, but what does the color black and the letter F represent on this forum?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2024, 08:30:20 PM »

Yeah, I'm fine with man doing what he needs to win but framing definitely could've been better.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2024, 08:41:28 PM »

Trump will certainly erode our democratic institutions further over the next four years if he wins, but he won’t be able to completely kill them by the time his term is up.

Maybe we’ll look like Poland or Hungary or Israel, but we’re not the next Nazi Germany.
RBH

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2024, 08:47:17 PM »

fast forwarding to Golden expressing his annoyance that his campaign got triaged by the DCCC to focus on other seats
Spectator
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2024, 08:49:05 PM »

Trump will certainly erode our democratic institutions further over the next four years if he wins, but he won’t be able to completely kill them by the time his term is up.

Maybe we’ll look like Poland or Hungary or Israel, but we’re not the next Nazi Germany.

I still don't even know what this means. Perpetual Republican rule? No chance.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2024, 08:53:51 PM »

Off topic, but what does the color black and the letter F represent on this forum?

Fascist
The Biggest Win Ever Isn’t Big Enough
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2024, 10:25:25 PM »

Today is the day that Democrats truly became in disarray. Roll out the headlines.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2024, 12:10:53 AM »

Hundreds of police officers protected the democratic process against thousands who tried to use violence to upend it. Judges and state election officials upheld our election laws. Members of Congress, including leaders from both parties, certified the election results.

I’m sorry?? He’s using this as justification for having a kick-your-feet-up-and-let-it-happen attitude about Trump heading back to the White House? There has never been an election before where we’ve needed to point out that the courts and people responsible for certification did their jobs. I feel like I’m going insane.

Memories are short. 2000 election and 2016 come to mind.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2024, 12:49:19 AM »

I think this has been a big problem with the left in general, both establishment left (Congressional leadership, Hillary, Biden, etc.) and far left. Listening to anything they say, it's just pure dread and hopelessness. That might be partially a result of the Obama hope & change scam, but it doesn't even feel like the Democrats are offering much other than a four-year delay of destruction.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2024, 01:27:49 AM »

He shouldn't be our nominee for S having said this.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2024, 03:03:46 AM »

Lol what an opposition party.

"Vote Dem to save Democracy but if Trump wins...thats okay too."

#NoRefunds
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2024, 08:11:55 AM »

How long before Golden gets pressured into toeing the "Vote for Biden (?)/fill in the blank Democrat to save democracy" party line?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2024, 08:33:58 AM »

Moron.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies