Office of Senator Widdershins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:35:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Widdershins
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Senator Widdershins  (Read 1277 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2007, 07:20:48 PM »

Office of Senator Al Widdershins

I am the Senator for the Mideast Region (which is made up of the States of Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia) and am a member of (amongst other things) the Labour & Co-operative Party, the Progressive Caucus and several Trade Unions.

I am always willing to help out constituents with any Atlasia-related problems or concerns that they might have and am prepared to go so far as to introduce to the Senate bills written by any constituents of mine.

This thread is essentially a contact-point between me and the people that I represent; constituents can post questions here (which I will answer) and I will publish various odds and sods here also.

Al Widdershins

Senator, Mideast Region
Chairman, Progressive Caucus
General Secretary, National Union of Mineworkers
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 06:48:38 PM »

A small victory for sanity

Just to say that I'm delighted that the awful "Free Palestine" bill has been withdrawn from the Senate floor.
Had the bill (really more of a student debating society hand-wringing motion) been passed by the Senate, serious and lasting damage would have been done to the peace process in the Middle East.
Hopefully future interventions by the Senate into this most complex of international issues will be of a higher quality.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »

I will be on Holiday from, er, a few hours from now, for around a week or so.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 07:02:20 PM »

Is your upcoming vacation the reason you introduced so much legislation in the last few minutes?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 07:04:20 PM »

Is your upcoming vacation the reason you introduced so much legislation in the last few minutes?

Of course Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »

Can you tell me some more about the Say Sorry Bill?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

Oh, and assuming the coups bill is re: the Thailand free trade bill, there are a whole bunch of other free trade bills with similar provisions.  I think.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 07:14:57 PM »

Can you tell me some more about the Say Sorry Bill?

The country in question is home (and has been for some time) of the assets of many Bad People. The country in question has never really faced up to certain things it, um, in effect condoned, in the 1940's. The country in question's record on certain issues (such as immigration) is dire.
So, unless they say sorry, I don't see why we should have a free trade deal with them.

(the bill is meant, in part, in jest/parody. obviously)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »

An announcement of some sort is likely tomorrow
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 07:41:42 PM »

An announcement of some sort is likely tomorrow

Fun.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »

Announcement on Future Plans and So On

After thinking things through for some time I have decided that I have no choice to res... no... wrong year. Apologies.

Ahem.

Actually, far from being a public resignation letter, this is just a little note to let people know that it is, how shall I say, "very unlikely" that I will have time to be an active Senator after October or so. Happily, this happens to be, more or less, when my current term in the Senate runs out. Feel free to interpret that how you thee wanteth.

I also like the idea of being free to say whatever I please without fear of electoral blackmail. Again, chi sy a'r dewis.

In other news, I will be doing various other things over the next few days. But they don't concern my role as a Senator (unless you believe in all that "conflict of interest" nonsense) so I won't be mentioning them in this thread. Which is why no mention of any secret projects will appear here.

Diolch yn fawr.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:51:58 PM »

I still hope you'll be around to comment on political demographics and elections.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 12:01:11 AM »

I still hope you'll be around to comment on political demographics and elections.

And also, at the very least, around to vote in a certain Second District Senate race where every vote counts...ahem... Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 04:52:04 PM »

Resignation

This is really just a formality as my term in the Senate is all but spent, but as I've been nominated for SOEA, I am resigning my Senate seat with immediate effect.
I am of the opinion that to not do this (and to, presumably, have a vote in my own confirmation hearing) would be highly unethical.

I would like to congratulate Sensei on winning the recent Mideast Senate election and wish him good luck; the Senate can be a confusing, and at times frustrating, place for members elected the first time.

Al Widdershins
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies