Q&A with TheKing2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:37:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Q&A with TheKing2004
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Q&A with TheKing2004  (Read 1540 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2004, 09:26:10 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2004, 09:26:38 PM by King »

You don't have to be in District 5 to ask a question. I am trying to get people in District 5 to know where I stand better when they vote for Senate.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 09:27:41 PM »

Are you for or against school vouchers?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 09:29:11 PM »

What is your position on the 3-Party Bill?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 09:32:13 PM »

Are you for or against school vouchers?

I am against school vouchers, I believe instead of moving students away from the problem, we should clean-up the source and that is public education.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 09:34:39 PM »

What is your position on the 3-Party Bill?

Totally against it, it is violation of our Democratic process and provides no real value. I say instead of reducing the amount of political parties, we encourage parties to form partnerships with each other to help elect the best possible government officials.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 09:37:28 PM »

Do you regard the united Nations favorably or unfavorably?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 09:41:33 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2004, 09:42:35 PM by King »

Hard question....

Although I support world unity, I feel they have too much power now and they expect other nations to do the dirty work. Iraq is perfect example, they aren't fully helping because they say the US isn't providing them with full security. UN has power to provide their own security and their own security would save Iraqi's lives everyday by providing much needed humanitarian aide.

We need to wake up the UN, its time for them to get into shape with the world.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 09:44:09 PM »

Hard question....

Although I support world unity, I feel they have too much power now and they expect other nations to do the dirty work. Iraq is perfect example, they aren't fully helping because they say the US isn't providing them with full security. UN has power to provide their own security and their own security would save Iraqi's lives everyday by providing much needed humanitarian aide.

Do they have the right to be opposed to the Iraq occupation?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 09:46:10 PM »

Hard question....

Yes, but as the guardian of world peace and humanity they should recognize Iraq has a country in need of help.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 09:50:10 PM »

Hard question....

Yes, but as the guardian of world peace and humanity they should recognize Iraq has a country in need of help.

What about Sudan?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 09:53:23 PM »

I have discussed this with John Ford.

I say yes to an international force, however, we need to examine the oppression brought on by the Muslim extremists in Sudan more closely. You have to realise that there is a big Muslim population in Sudan that might experience their own oppresion brought on by a African government we will likely put in power.

Zimbabwe is a good example, the Africans stood against oppression from "the white men" and now "the white men"  are being oppressed. Instead of destroying the entire Muslim rule, I say we create a bipartisan, multi-ruler government run by Muslims and Africans.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 09:58:48 PM »

How would you solve a large budget deficit?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 10:01:56 PM »

Simple, cut spending and if possible move some programs to the private sector which could have some befenits to the economy. Taxes would remain constant and interest rates would be determined by the Federal Reserve Chairman.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 10:03:35 PM »

Also thank you for the excellent questions Akno. Cheesy
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 10:07:10 PM »

No problem. Feel free to ask questions on the Senate District 2 Debate board. Have you endorsed anyone yet in that election?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 10:07:49 PM »

Simple, cut spending and if possible move some programs to the private sector which could have some befenits to the economy. Taxes would remain constant and interest rates would be determined by the Federal Reserve Chairman.

So you would cut spending on education before you rasie taxes?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 10:09:08 PM »

No problem. Feel free to ask questions on the Senate District 2 Debate board. Have you endorsed anyone yet in that election?

In the end I endorsed Bullmoose, but you also seem quite viable aswell.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 10:12:46 PM »

I might endorse you, although I would probably hurt more than help. Your election is not for awhile though. I'll endorse the most liberal guy, most likely.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 10:12:47 PM »

No, the Education, Defense, and Welfare would be the last things to cut. Our government has plently of small programs that could be cut without anybody missing them.

Raising taxes is not the only way to keep a budget. Raising taxes would hurt the economy which expands the deficit.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 10:14:28 PM »

I might endorse you, although I would probably hurt more than help. Your election is not for awhile though. I'll endorse the most liberal guy, most likely.

District 5 is pretty right, a Centrist is as good as it gets.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 10:15:40 PM »

No, the Education, Defense, and Welfare would be the last things to cut. Our government has plently of small programs that could be cut without anybody missing them.

Raising taxes is not the only way to keep a budget. Raising taxes would hurt the economy which expands the deficit.

Which small programs?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 10:16:08 PM »

District 5 is pretty right, a Centrist is as good as it gets.

I see. Well, it's too early to make up my mind anyway.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 10:25:02 PM »

Which small programs?

The IANA for example which regulates the internet. Who needs that? The Transportation Safety Administration easily be made into a regulated private organization.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 06:38:48 AM »

Which small programs?

The IANA for example which regulates the internet. Who needs that? The Transportation Safety Administration easily be made into a regulated private organization.

In these times Transportation safety is very important and should be handled by the government.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies