NBC: Biden to discuss future of campaign with family tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 05:14:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NBC: Biden to discuss future of campaign with family tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: NBC: Biden to discuss future of campaign with family tomorrow  (Read 8596 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2024, 11:17:53 PM »

I'm sorry but not voting for Biden just because he won't drop out is one of the stupidest things I've read in my life.
Sumner 1868
Maps are a good thing
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2024, 11:18:28 PM »

Something Biden diehards should consider is that aggressive wagon circling towards party dissidents never works in your favor. Not with Al Gore and Nader voters, not with McCain or Romney and the paleocons, not with Hillary and the Bernie or Bust people, not with Trump and the Lincoln Project types. It always backfires because your efforts to suppress them just amplifies their anger and makes them even more against you than they already were. There is no reason to repeat this trend.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2024, 11:20:27 PM »

Something Biden diehards should consider is that aggressive wagon circling towards party dissidents never works in your favor. Not with Al Gore and Nader voters, not with McCain or Romney and the paleocons, not with Hillary and the Bernie or Bust people, not with Trump and the Lincoln Project types. It always backfires because your efforts to suppress them just amplifies their anger and makes them even more against you than they already were. There is no reason to repeat this trend.

Are we gonna have an argument on Gore and Nadar votes, those Nadar votes weren't Gore votes they should of had the recount and counted the dimple not Nadar ballots
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2024, 11:21:35 PM »

I'm sorry but not voting for Biden just because he won't drop out is one of the stupidest things I've read in my life.

I posted a poll and all the other Ds are polling 3% behind Trump including Whitmer, why because of inflation not due to Biden poor debate performance
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2024, 11:24:28 PM »

For the first time in Biden's presidency, I would say broadly I disapprove of him. His refusal to accept that regardless of how he feels, the country doesn't think he can lead, is extremely disappointing.

F**king clowns. Yeah, I think I'm done with Joe Biden. I won't be voting in this election unless the polls actually show Georgia being competitive, which I highly doubt will be the case.

If Biden loses it’s going to be because of people like you who completely just gave up on him four months early.

Biden can still win. He’s not down by much.
I’m not going to waste my time voting for this selfish, narcissistic idiot if Trump remains up by over 6 points in the GA polls. If he can by some miracle close the gap between now and then (realistically, it’ll only widen), then I’ll hold my nose and vote for the dementia patient. As far as I’m concerned, Georgia is Safe R as of now, so my vote would be totally useless

6% is MOE and Sheehy is up 6% on Tester do users know what MOE means, wasn't Walker up 4%in Insider Advantage polls on Warnock and Warnock won, yes it can happen

Let's see what happens on the VP debate and the 2nd Debate
6% is not in the MOE lol. Unless Biden is the first person in history to reverse dementia, I see no reason to believe that the 2nd debate won’t be even more of a trainwreck than the first. The VP debate is totally irrelevant. Even if the talentless diversity hire known as Kamala somehow gives a good performance, that’ll sway like maybe 3 voters tops.
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #330 on: June 30, 2024, 11:37:33 PM »

Biden putting the future of the country at risk by refusing to drop out just to stroke his own ego is one of the stupidest things I've read in my life.

At least by not voting for Biden (in non-swing states anyway), we can send a message to Democratic party leadership that we expect them to prioritize country > party > any single individual (even the President).

Maybe this was actually Biden's plan all along. Pretend to have dementia and intentionally lose the popular vote in order to get people in safe states not to vote for him, so that he can lose the popular vote, while still trying to win the electoral college. If he is trying to eliminate Trump's electoral college advantage, I suppose that is one way to do it.

But hopefully he, or others in the democratic party, will still see reason. There's a high chance in any case that Biden will have another major flub that reinforces what happened in the debate and will be forced to drop out then. It may mean that Kamala Harris is the only replacement option by that point, but that's ok, I expect she will at least fare better than Biden.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2024, 11:43:40 PM »

Biden putting the future of the country at risk by refusing to drop out just to stroke his own ego is one of the stupidest things I've read in my life.

At least by not voting for Biden (in non-swing states anyway), we can send a message to Democratic party leadership that we expect them to prioritize country > party > any single individual (even the President).

Maybe this was actually Biden's plan all along. Pretend to have dementia and intentionally lose the popular vote in order to get people in safe states not to vote for him, so that he can lose the popular vote, while still trying to win the electoral college. If he is trying to eliminate Trump's electoral college advantage, I suppose that is one way to do it.

But hopefully he, or others in the democratic party, will still see reason. There's a high chance in any case that Biden will have another major flub that reinforces what happened in the debate and will be forced to drop out then. It may mean that Kamala Harris is the only replacement option by that point, but that's ok, I expect she will at least fare better than Biden.

Safe state or not, not voting for Biden is a tacit vote for Trump.  

I'm not trying to defend his debate performance or anything but whether we like it or not, he's the nominee and all we can do is try and get him over the finish line in November.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #332 on: June 30, 2024, 11:44:10 PM »

You fear for the country but won't vote for Biden? (which is a vote for Trump).

This is the stupidest things I've read
In the last 72 hours, atlas has shown how truly stupid its members can be
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #333 on: June 30, 2024, 11:44:36 PM »

Donors are getting big mad
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2024, 12:02:44 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2024, 12:09:17 AM by Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott) »

Safe state or not, not voting for Biden is a tacit vote for Trump.

You fear for the country but won't vote for Biden? (which is a vote for Trump).

No it's not. You see, there's this thing called the electoral college.

Don't worry - if I lived in Michigan, and I had no other choice, and it were at all competitive, I would vote for Biden. Or if the President were chosen by National Popular Vote, and I had no other choice, and it were at all competitive, I would vote for Biden (and likewise downballot candidates).

But my vote does not count anyway. So it is better to at least send a message with it, which apparently the Democratic Party needs to hear, that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Alternatively if Biden were to drop out and then I voted for the Dem nominee, likewise the purpose would not be to actually change the outcome, but instead to send a different message - the message in that case being that Democrats have popular support which is not reflected by the electoral college, and that the electoral college system is undemocratic and unjustifiable. The more times Democrats win the popular vote by more than the electoral college, and the larger the margin, the more that implicit message is reinforced.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #335 on: July 01, 2024, 12:08:03 AM »

I'm not trying to defend his debate performance or anything but whether we like it or not, he's the nominee and all we can do is try and get him over the finish line in November.

like it or not, he's the nominee

That's just the point though. If he drops out, he will NOT be the nominee.

There is no law of nature that says Biden cannot drop out. Even if he drops out on election day, that will still be better than him not dropping out at all - because then at least election day voters can know that they are actually voting for Harris rather than Biden - which should increase the chances of winning at least slightly. And if he drops out after the convention but prior to mail ballots being returned, that would allow all voters the same knowledge when casting their ballots.

So, if we prioritize country > party > any single individual (even the President), then the only patriotic thing to do is to continue to call on Biden to drop out every day from now until either he drops out, or until election day.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #336 on: July 01, 2024, 12:09:14 AM »

"I want a refund!" lmao
Obama24
United States

« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2024, 12:22:56 AM »

There's still time for him to be convinced not to run. Big influences within the party just need to keep at it, cite miserable polling, and appeal to his sense of patriotism.

You're talking about the guy who declared that HE was the Democratic Party.

Joe's and especially Jill's egos will not be fettered by these things. I don't think they actually care about "the party."
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2024, 12:22:59 AM »

I would still vote for the senile old fool if I lived in a swing state. Georgia is not a swing state anymore with this guy as our nominee. I'm not wasting my time on him.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #339 on: July 01, 2024, 12:24:05 AM »

I would point out from what I recall in the 2020 cycle, VBM has always been a pretty big Biden skeptic - this isn’t someone who was ever a big fan of Biden. That’s not to invalidate his opinions on this or anything, but it’s not like he was ever someone in the Biden camp. I recall you saying you ultimately voted for him in 2020 but were not very happy about it.

Also from a strategic standpoint it honestly doesn’t really matter what Biden’s polling is in GA - it’s one of the most likely tipping point states - a 6% polling error and GA being decisive is not that unrealistic of a scenario, whereas VA going to Trump may not be unrealistic in itself but VA being decisive almost certainly is.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2024, 12:39:39 AM »

I would point out from what I recall in the 2020 cycle, VBM has always been a pretty big Biden skeptic - this isn’t someone who was ever a big fan of Biden. That’s not to invalidate his opinions on this or anything, but it’s not like he was ever someone in the Biden camp. I recall you saying you ultimately voted for him in 2020 but were not very happy about it.

Also from a strategic standpoint it honestly doesn’t really matter what Biden’s polling is in GA - it’s one of the most likely tipping point states - a 6% polling error and GA being decisive is not that unrealistic of a scenario, whereas VA going to Trump may not be unrealistic in itself but VA being decisive almost certainly is.
Yeah I was never in love with Biden, but I had no problem voting for him in 2020. Remember that Biden and Trump were basically tied in GA polls going into the election, so I strongly suspected that Biden had a good shot at winning the state, so my vote was actually important. Not to mention that there were also two close Senate races. Even if GA didn't seem competitive in any of those races, I'd have probably still voted since I despise Trump and Biden was decent at the time.

But this time, I don't have any competitive Senate races to compel me to go to the polls, and I don't have any competitive congressional or local elections to vote in since I live in a safe R district and county. Biden is looking DOA in Georgia. Trump is polling over 6 points ahead of him, and that gap is more likely going to increase rather than decrease. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's polling at 8-10% near election day.

Georgia is not a competitive race. Unlike in the Midwestern states, the GA state polls were actually very accurate for both the presidential race and the Senate races, and they were accurate again in 2022 for the Senate race (I don't remember if they were accurate for the Gov race since it was an obvious Kemp blowout, so I didn't bother to keep track of the polls). I see no reason to assume that the GA polls are randomly way off this time despite having a great track record. It's not a swing state with Biden as the nominee, so it's a total waste of my time to vote for this senile, narcissistic old fool who has a <1% chance of winning the state.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #341 on: July 01, 2024, 12:51:23 AM »

Those who were Biden skeptics in 2020 have been completely vindicated and those who supported him in 2020 have been made to look like utter fools. Whose opinions should be invalidated again?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #342 on: July 01, 2024, 01:04:05 AM »

Those who were Biden skeptics in 2020 have been completely vindicated and those who supported him in 2020 have been made to look like utter fools. Whose opinions should be invalidated again?

Not so sure about this, Democrats seemed to have their act together up until 2023. Biden could have had a happy legacy as a successful transitional President, and even now withdrawing is the best for his legacy.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2024, 01:06:29 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2024, 01:22:01 AM by VBM »

We should’ve gone with Bernie. Telemundo managed to convince Cubanos that Señor Biden es un comunista, so all the fearmongering about how Bernie would be DOA in Florida was rendered a moot point. Although Bernie seems mentally fit now, who knows if the stresses of the presidency (which is infinitely harder than being a Senator) would have made his mental health deteriorate rapidly too. However, I think that Bernie would have the humility to step down, and Dem leadership would obviously be eager to replace him as the nominee since the hate his guts anyways.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2024, 01:09:08 AM »

We should’ve gone with Bernie. Telemundo managed to convince Cubanos that Señor Biden es un comunista, so all the fearmongering about how Bernie would be DOA in Florida was rendered a moot point. Although Bernie seems mentally fit now, who knows if the stresses of the presidency (which is infinitely harder than being a Senator) would have made his mental health deteriorate rapidly too. However, I think that Bernie would have the humility to step down, and Dem leadership would obviously be eager to replace him as the nominee since the hate his guts anyways.

True, there is zero chance that a Bernie with these issues would get the nomination again. That last debate with 7 candidates had 6 attacking Bernie and 0 attacking Biden.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2024, 01:37:10 AM »

Just saying
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=556818.0
90 percent of this forum agrees that Hunter was engaging in some corrupt activities when he worked for those foreign companies but the vast majority of that group defended Joe by stating there isn’t much he can do. Yet now Joe seems to be taking advice from Hunter ?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2024, 01:39:27 AM »

VBM in general was a quite different poster in 2020. Pretty sure he had a post defending Harris using the words equity not equality .
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2024, 01:44:42 AM »

VBM in general was a quite different poster in 2020. Pretty sure he had a post defending Harris using the words equity not equality .
Nah that was definitely someone else. I don’t like Harris at all, and the equity/equality crap from the Left gives me an aneurysm
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2024, 01:47:42 AM »

Nah that was definitely someone else. I don’t like Harris at all, and the equity/equality crap from the Left gives me an aneurysm

This has got to be the closest a Democratic Presidential campaign in recent memory has come to expressing socialist ideals, hasn't it?

Yes, and that's a good thing.

Socialism isn’t a good thing.
Do you even know what socialism is? She literally said in this video that we should only make sure that people start off with equal footing, and then they can COMPETE to reach the top. Literally all that she is saying is that we should make America more of a meritocracy instead of having people with wealthier parents coast by off of their parents success despite not being any smarter or harder working than the average American. I’m honestly getting sick of these “moderate” Democrats who parrot these “THIS IS SOCIALISM!!!!” GOP talking points
Sorta you
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2024, 01:52:40 AM »

This has got to be the closest a Democratic Presidential campaign in recent memory has come to expressing socialist ideals, hasn't it?

Yes, and that's a good thing.

Socialism isn’t a good thing.
Do you even know what socialism is? She literally said in this video that we should only make sure that people start off with equal footing, and then they can COMPETE to reach the top. Literally all that she is saying is that we should make America more of a meritocracy instead of having people with wealthier parents coast by off of their parents success despite not being any smarter or harder working than the average American. I’m honestly getting sick of these “moderate” Democrats who parrot these “THIS IS SOCIALISM!!!!” GOP talking points
Sorta you
I don’t like the equity/equality crap nowadays because progressives almost exclusively use it as an excuse to justify racial affirmative action, which is just straight up racist. I support “affirmative action” for poor people, especially since rich people already unfairly benefit from legacy admissions and their daddy’s connections
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies