NBC: Biden to discuss future of campaign with family tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 01:14:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NBC: Biden to discuss future of campaign with family tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: NBC: Biden to discuss future of campaign with family tomorrow  (Read 8590 times)
Open Source Intelligence
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2024, 10:08:25 PM »
« edited: June 30, 2024, 10:12:17 PM by Open Source Intelligence »

It's simply too late to peacefully ride off into the sunset with everyone's wishes for a happy retirement.

Unless he rides out the debate turmoil and wins this year.

THE ELECTION IS NOT WHAT MATTERS! That's why so many people on this website are dumbasses and they think TalkElections is all there is to focus on when we should really be discussing TalkGoverning. The election is merely the tool to decide on what really matters. What really matters occurs from January 20th, 2025, until January 20th, 2029. Even if you are a Biden optimist and you think he will win and this is all overblown, what the f#ck is going on between those dates? Joe Biden if he wins in November has the next 4 years and 7 months where he is then an important person in this country unless he dies or resigns. He will be Commander-in-Chief in a world with war occurring everywhere and controlling the executive branch and bureaucracy, making decisions affecting millions upon millions of people until he is 86 years old. It's not like when old people start getting these kind of mental/brain issues, it magically gets better. And if he dies or resigns, define now the change that then occurs with the first Vice President ascending to the presidency in 50+ years. No one can.

None of this is of any significance. Even in the case that Biden is unable to complete his duties as president, his advisors would assist him with that. And the American public (at least, those who lean left)  trusts Biden’s advisors with the duties of the presidency more than they trust Trump and his advisors with it, and indeed would think so with just about any Republican administration.

Wilson's Cabinet and wife running the country for the last year of his 2nd term I pretty much consider a coup and it's one of a few dark points in the history of our country as concerns the exercise of power in the position of the presidency. I have no desire to repeat it in the modern day.

If Biden is unable to complete his duties as President, he should not be President. We're not a monarchy with regents.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2024, 10:15:48 PM »

Wilson's Cabinet and wife running the country for the last year of his 2nd term I pretty much consider a soft coup and it's one of a few dark points in the history of our country as concerns the exercise of power in the position of the presidency. I have no desire to repeat it in the modern day.

If Biden is unable to complete his duties as President, he should not be President. We're not a monarchy with regents.

This election is not about whether Biden should be president or not. It is about who is better: Trump or Biden. Like it or not, in a two-party, first-past-the-post system, “They’re not the other guy” is a perfectly valid reason to vote for someone.

And LOL at the idea that the last year of Wilson’s presidency was one of the darkest moments in American history. Do you actually think they would’ve done anything differently than Wilson himself?

I haven’t even touched on the issue of whether Biden has actually experienced significant cognitive decline, or if he just isn’t as witty and energetic  as he used to be, which isn’t a necessary skill for a president anyways.
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2024, 10:22:01 PM »

This election is not about whether Biden should be president or not. It is about who is better: Trump or Biden.

It is not about whether Biden is better than Trump. Obviously Biden is better than Trump.

It is about whether Biden can beat Trump.

If he can't, then it's irrelevant that Biden is better than Trump because Trump would beat him and become President.

So the only way to avoid that is to replace Biden. Maybe that's impossible (I doubt it, but could be), but if it is, we would end up with Trump anyway by continuing to run Biden, so we are all better off at least trying to persuade Biden to drop out than not trying at all.
KYRockefeller

« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2024, 10:25:47 PM »

There are some amazing parallels there with Biden. And yes, this is why we select a Vice President. But don't sit and lie to me the whole redux of "FDR, we know you're dying, but run for reelection so we can control things, axe your VP, and put Truman on the throne after you kick the bucket" is democratic for a party that has really harped on that the past 4 years. If he wins, at the rate shown in the debate Thursday night I don't think he'll last a year until an encouraged resignation just so the 25th Amendment precedent does not get set. He'll join William Henry Harrison, Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, and Franklin Roosevelt of first year in presidential term vacancies then. Difference is they all died.

This is what I think the problem now is for Democrats after the debate.  Even if you can show that Biden "still has it" people are going to think he's not making it for the full second term.  Kamala is not popular and most people don't trust her capacity to lead.  So that becomes a bigger hindrance for Biden since some may now view the election as Trump vs. Harris via proxy.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2024, 10:29:00 PM »

This election is not about whether Biden should be president or not. It is about who is better: Trump or Biden.

It is not about whether Biden is better than Trump. Obviously Biden is better than Trump.

It is about whether Biden can beat Trump.

No, this is what the election is about for Democratic partisans, who will vote Democratic no matter what. For the general American public, and independents especially, it is, to the dismay of both you and me, not “obvious” that Biden is better than Trump.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2024, 10:35:17 PM »

No, this is what the election is about for Democratic partisans, who will vote Democratic no matter what. For the general American public, and independents especially, it is, to the dismay of both you and me, not “obvious” that Biden is better than Trump.

Obviously swing voters will vote for who they think is better, and they are not sure who is better (otherwise they would not be swing voters in the first place, that's literally just the definition of a swing voter).

But that is precisely why we should replace Biden with someone who those swing voters do consider to be better than Trump.

Because if we do that, then they will no longer be swing voters - they will be voters for the Democratic nominee.

Basically any Dem Senator/Governor (at least of the 10-20 that get named) between the age of 40-60 can likely do that.

The main thing that focus groups of undecided/swing voters show is that those voters do not like either Trump or Biden and want someone else. So do what they ask and give them someone else!
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2024, 10:40:21 PM »

In private conversations, the president has expressed complete commitment to staying in the race, according to people briefed on those conversations, who, like others in this article, were granted anonymity to discuss private deliberations. But he has asked aides and allies about what they’re hearing in the aftermath of his performance. He has also expressed concern about the fallout and dismay over some of the commentary that calls on him to drop out of the race, the people said.

Several people familiar with the situation described the president and those around him as even-keeled and unshaken amid the turbulence, pointing to a long history of political and personal trauma that Biden has endured during his 81 years.

“You have a bad night. Bad nights end,” one person said. “We’re still here. Let’s go.”
Biden Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2024, 10:41:59 PM »

In private conversations, the president has expressed complete commitment to staying in the race, according to people briefed on those conversations, who, like others in this article, were granted anonymity to discuss private deliberations. But he has asked aides and allies about what they’re hearing in the aftermath of his performance. He has also expressed concern about the fallout and dismay over some of the commentary that calls on him to drop out of the race, the people said.

Several people familiar with the situation described the president and those around him as even-keeled and unshaken amid the turbulence, pointing to a long history of political and personal trauma that Biden has endured during his 81 years.

“You have a bad night. Bad nights end,” one person said. “We’re still here. Let’s go.”

Ok, he is actually delusional and doesn't care about our democracy.

If he keeps up this big ego act instead of what's doing right for the country, I'll be leaving my ballot blank for the Presidency.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #308 on: June 30, 2024, 10:42:03 PM »

F**king clowns. Yeah, I think I'm done with Joe Biden. I won't be voting in this election unless the polls actually show Georgia being competitive, which I highly doubt will be the case.
Biden Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2024, 10:43:15 PM »

For the first time in Biden's presidency, I would say broadly I disapprove of him. His refusal to accept that regardless of how he feels, the country doesn't think he can lead, is extremely disappointing.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2024, 10:45:35 PM »

Obviously swing voters will vote for who they think is better, and they are not sure who is better (otherwise they would not be swing voters in the first place, that's literally just the definition of a swing voter).

But that is precisely why we should replace Biden with someone who those swing voters do consider to be better than Trump.

The problem with Biden dropping out, even if he has a plausible excuse, is it would play right into the undemocratic DNC bait-and-switch conspiracy Republicans have been warning everyone about. Either that, or he and his team look like liars, which would severely weigh down the replacement candidate.

It's simply too late to peacefully ride off into the sunset with everyone's wishes for a happy retirement.

As Santander explains, it’s not as simple as “Other candidates would be stronger in a vacuum.”Replacing Biden this late after everything would make Democrats look extremely disorganized and unaware, which would not only hurt the nominee, but any other Democrat running for any office this cycle. Not to mention the campaign infrastructure/money that the new nominee would have to raise from scratch.
○∙◄☻Ątπ[╪AV┼cVę└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2024, 10:46:31 PM »

It obviously was a total lie when he said he was running again just to stop Trump. He just didn't want to be the first President to retire after a single term since 1884.

He really was extremely lucky in 2020 between being the most convenient stop Bernie candidate in the primary and Trump totally screwing up the pandemic in the general. He's going to need to be rather lucky again to get another term.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #312 on: June 30, 2024, 10:51:04 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2024, 10:54:36 PM by Comrade Funk »

What's more embarrassing is the cowardice of the Democratic Party. The clown has literally no campaign. He does minimal events, zero press conferences, and no major interviews. He's done as an able-bodied worker, but like the rest of his political generation, refuses to let go to the grip of power due to ego.

His approvals have been sub 40s, he's down in nearly every swing state, and he just delivered proof that he's in cognitive decline to 50 million people. Enjoy your legacy as the new James Buchanan. Hyperbole? No. All the fears we've been discussing since last year have come true. Ofc Blue MAGA have and will ignore these signs, so there's no point arguing really imo. This party has no spine
○∙◄☻Ątπ[╪AV┼cVę└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #313 on: June 30, 2024, 10:54:44 PM »

What's more embarrassing is the cowardice of the Democratic Party. The clown has literally no campaign. He does minimal events, zero press conferences, and no major interviews. He's done as an able-bodied worker, but like the rest of his political generation, refuses to let go to the grip of power due to ego.

He didn't have much of a campaign in 2020 either.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2024, 10:55:19 PM »

Ok, he is actually delusional and doesn't care about our democracy.

If he keeps up this big ego act instead of what's doing right for the country, I'll be leaving my ballot blank for the Presidency.

Yeah, this is way too Trumpian for me. I think I'm voting write-in for "Gen. Eric D. Democrat" (not that my vote counts anyway in a non-swing state).

I was going to vote Dem anyway for purposes of the legitimacy of the national popular vote, but forget that.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2024, 10:59:33 PM »

For the first time in Biden's presidency, I would say broadly I disapprove of him. His refusal to accept that regardless of how he feels, the country doesn't think he can lead, is extremely disappointing.

F**king clowns. Yeah, I think I'm done with Joe Biden. I won't be voting in this election unless the polls actually show Georgia being competitive, which I highly doubt will be the case.

If Biden loses it’s going to be because of people like you who completely just gave up on him four months early.

Biden can still win. He’s not down by much.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2024, 10:59:44 PM »

He didn't have much of a campaign in 2020 either.
He had an excuse. Now, he has none minus his obvious cognitive decline which Democrats refuse to admit outside of private like cowards
Pivaru
Rookie
Brazil

P P
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2024, 11:00:28 PM »

Unfortunate but not unsurprising. Well, can't say I'll feel bad for Biden if (when) he loses in November and his historical standing and legacy gets destroyed due to his inflated ego and delusion preventing him from making the right choice.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2024, 11:00:34 PM »

If Biden loses it’s going to be because of people like you who completely just gave up on him four months early.

Are you just going to post Biden can still win 1 million times for the next 4 months?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2024, 11:01:54 PM »

Are you just going to post Biden can still win 1 million times for the next 4 months?

No I’m not. I’m just trying to tell people that if you want to stop Trump, you need to stop dooming and get behind Biden.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2024, 11:02:44 PM »

No I’m not. I’m just trying to tell people that if you want to stop Trump, you need to stop dooming and get behind Biden.

Nothing said on this website is affecting the outcome of the election.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2024, 11:04:13 PM »

Nothing said on this website is affecting the outcome of the election.

True. But there’s a very big difference between saying that Trump is a favorite, and that he is an overwhelming and prohibitive one. I see him as the first but not the second.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2024, 11:09:58 PM »

I’m not going to waste my time voting for this selfish, narcissistic idiot if Trump remains up by over 6 points in the GA polls. If he can by some miracle close the gap between now and then (realistically, it’ll only widen), then I’ll hold my nose and vote for the dementia patient. As far as I’m concerned, Georgia is Safe R as of now, so my vote would be totally useless
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2024, 11:15:39 PM »

And after the knives already came out too. Democrats really and truly are in disarray.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2024, 11:16:16 PM »

I’m not going to waste my time voting for this selfish, narcissistic idiot if Trump remains up by over 6 points in the GA polls. If he can by some miracle close the gap between now and then (realistically, it’ll only widen), then I’ll hold my nose and vote for the dementia patient. As far as I’m concerned, Georgia is Safe R as of now, so my vote would be totally useless

6% is MOE and Sheehy is up 6% on Tester do users know what MOE means, wasn't Walker up 4%in Insider Advantage polls on Warnock and Warnock won, yes it can happen

Let's see what happens on the VP debate and the 2nd Debate
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies