Biden campaign raises $27M Thur + Fri
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:43:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden campaign raises $27M Thur + Fri
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden campaign raises $27M Thur + Fri  (Read 490 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2024, 10:42:22 AM »

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 10:43:39 AM »

Remember Barbara Bollier? She had so much more money than Roger Marshall in KS-SEN 2020, and look at all the good it did her.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 10:46:36 AM »

Crazy times we live in. The political gravitas has been turned upside down.

That said, I wonder whether he would have raised much more if he had a strong debate performance.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 10:49:14 AM »

That said, I wonder whether he would have raised much more if he had a strong debate performance.

There’s no doubt he would have.

But Trump’s been outraising him since the conviction and he was outraised in both of the last elections yet it clearly made no difference.

What I can’t understand is how anyone felt compelled to give Biden a single cent after that debate. I was getting spammed with texts from everyone from Julia Roberts to Jimmy Kimmel to Carole King (lol Democrats are not helping their out of touch elites reputation) before, during, and after the debate, and just laughed my ass off at the thought of giving them a dime unless Biden is replaced.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 11:53:37 AM »

I think bragging about this is a perfect microcosm of modern American political hackery. Biden/Trump recorded huge fundraising numbers after embarrassing themselves in public. WTF does that say and why are people bragging about it?
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2024, 12:09:21 PM »

There’s no doubt he would have.

But Trump’s been outraising him since the conviction and he was outraised in both of the last elections yet it clearly made no difference.

What I can’t understand is how anyone felt compelled to give Biden a single cent after that debate. I was getting spammed with texts from everyone from Julia Roberts to Jimmy Kimmel to Carole King (lol Democrats are not helping their out of touch elites reputation) before, during, and after the debate, and just laughed my ass off at the thought of giving them a dime unless Biden is replaced.
Exact same thought here and I live in the land of the elite’s.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2024, 12:33:13 PM »

It's almost as if the future of the country being at stake is the real issue. Atlas leans far to the right of the nation and even more so than Democrats.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2024, 01:22:44 PM »

It's almost as if the future of the country being at stake is the real issue. Atlas leans far to the right of the nation and even more so than Democrats.
70% of this forum are politically engaged democrats.. in what world is the US at large to the left of it.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2024, 01:23:47 PM »

This is insane. In a good way.

Although, maybe it's not. Maybe the debate was a wakeup call and got a lot of folks so terrified that they just want to do everything they can to keep Trump out of power.
King Brandon I
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2024, 01:26:47 PM »

This is insane. In a good way.

Although, maybe it's not. Maybe the debate was a wakeup call and got a lot of folks so terrified that they just want to do everything they can to keep Trump out of power.

Honestly based on this and some of the polls we’ve gotten, maybe the debate just reminded voters of who Trump is, it may be hopium maybe I’m coping, but who knows? based on what we’ve gotten it’s not exactly unfounded. I still want to see much more though to put all my worries to bed.

Either way this debate will age out of the news cycle and in a couple weeks (or hell THIS time next week) we’ll all be talking about something else.

I say this as a big Biden supporter but if the only long term effect has is that it helps Biden regain the cash advantage it will be funny.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2024, 02:09:44 PM »

Another thing that may be a factor is the surge in interest of project 2025. I recently was talking with a 15 year old discord friend who I know on a non political (politics is banned) server and back in May considered trying to get her mother (they are Vietnamese immigrants in SoCal) to vote for Trump. However today she told me about scared she was about Project 2025 which leads me to think there is some awareness campaign going on (almost certainly on tiktok)

This would also be supported by a post I believe someone else made showing Project 2025 surging in Google searches.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2024, 02:28:04 PM »

There has certainly been a rallying effect around Biden from a lot of Democrats. It remains to be seen if this can be sustained or how the most important parts of the electorate feel.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2024, 02:31:58 PM »

Remember Barbara Bollier? She had so much more money than Roger Marshall in KS-SEN 2020, and look at all the good it did her.

Bollier outran the top of the ticket and held the race ~3% closer than Biden. Having tons of money doesn’t mean Biden will flip KS, but it could matter around the margins in key states.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2024, 02:43:02 PM »

Bollier outran the top of the ticket and held the race ~3% closer than Biden. Having tons of money doesn’t mean Biden will flip KS, but it could matter around the margins in key states.

That's actually a good point, especially considering that in 2020 Trump ran behind a majority of downballot Republicans.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2024, 02:43:48 PM »

Another thing that may be a factor is the surge in interest of project 2025. I recently was talking with a 15 year old discord friend who I know on a non political (politics is banned) server and back in May considered trying to get her mother (they are Vietnamese immigrants in SoCal) to vote for Trump. However today she told me about scared she was about Project 2025 which leads me to think there is some awareness campaign going on (almost certainly on tiktok)

This would also be supported by a post I believe someone else made showing Project 2025 surging in Google searches.

Really hope there is awareness campaign going on on TikTok - Republicans really seem to have dominated the social media game with little effective content from the left to counter stuff.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2024, 04:07:03 PM »

There has certainly been a rallying effect around Biden from a lot of Democrats. It remains to be seen if this can be sustained or how the most important parts of the electorate feel.
Weirdly enough, after being strongly anti Biden for months, Instagram comment sections are now full of Biden bros. They probably were just quiet before but this is something new I’ve noticed on social media.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2024, 04:14:25 PM »

Some people really, really, really like throwing money away I guess.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2024, 04:23:14 PM »

Trump raised an insane amount after the trial, Biden raised all this after losing the debate.

Is it me, or is it actually some kind of plus to lose, regarding money...like some kind of persecution complex gets triggered in donors, idk.
GAinDC

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2024, 04:49:34 PM »

This is like the Hur report — another event that melted down Atlas discourse for a couple days.

People see that Biden is being bullled and attacked in bad faith, so they’re rallying to him.

I’m actually much more committed to Biden now because of all this drama. The naysayers are projecting panic and fear. Biden is showing humility and resolve. Guess which one normie voters respond to more positively?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2024, 04:54:01 PM »

This is like the Hur report — another event that melted down Atlas discourse for a couple days.

People see that Biden is being bullled and attacked in bad faith, so they’re rallying to him.

I’m actually much more committed to Biden now because of all this drama. The naysayers are projecting panic and fear. Biden is showing humility and resolve. Guess which one normie voters respond to more positively?

Delulu

The 81 year old man will only get more and more weak over time
GAinDC

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2024, 04:57:08 PM »

Delulu

Call me whatever you want. That’s what I believe
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2024, 05:22:23 PM »

Delulu

Call me whatever you want. That’s what I believe

Do you know how aging works?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies