Who is the most famous/well known living person in the world?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:16:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Who is the most famous/well known living person in the world?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is the most famous/well known living person in the world?  (Read 245 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2024, 02:04:32 PM »
« edited: June 24, 2024, 02:12:28 PM by President Johnson »

I did a little bit of research, but there was no definite answer. It's almost certainly not exactly to determine, I just wonder who you would think it is. By famous I mean the living person with the highest name recognition across the globe. Regardless of their profession or what they're known for.

I would honestly say it's Donald Trump. Most suggestions I found didn't say him though. Some names dropped were Elon Musk, Madonna, Taylor Swift or Bill Gates.
LBJer
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 02:31:26 PM »

I did a little bit of research, but there was no definite answer. It's almost certainly not exactly to determine, I just wonder who you would think it is. By famous I mean the living person with the highest name recognition across the globe. Regardless of their profession or what they're known for.

I would honestly say it's Donald Trump. Most suggestions I found didn't say him though. Some names dropped were Elon Musk, Madonna, Taylor Swift or Bill Gates.

Until she died I would have said Queen Elizabeth II. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 02:54:09 PM »

Probably Trump, although he is more infamous than famous.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 03:13:37 PM »

Xi Jinping
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2024, 03:37:50 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2024, 10:16:49 PM by MyLifeIsYours »

Donald Trump
Barack Obama
Jackie Chan
Tom Cruise
Taylor Swift
Lebron James
Christine Ronaldo
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2024, 05:56:34 PM »

Elon Musk, Taylor Swift, and/or Trump.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2024, 09:04:20 PM »

I think it is Joe Biden in 2024. It is always the president of the USA.

But probably, in 2040, more people will remember the other names you listed than Joe Biden.
Arson Plus
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2024, 09:52:03 PM »

Do farmers in Uttar Pradesh have any idea who "Taylor Swift" or "Elon Musk" is?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2024, 11:05:53 PM »

I think the answer is pretty obviously Trump.  He's both polarizing and recognizable internationally in a way that Joe Biden never will be.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2024, 11:12:22 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2024, 11:48:42 PM by Blue3 »

The Pope
*I'm really surprised none of you have mentioned him yet. You've got all the Americas, all Europe, the Philippines, good chunks of Africa, the Middle East, India, China, Japan, etc. Well beyond the English-speaking world, or even the Western world, though both are included within. Well beyond even the people with the internet, since the Pope is also known to some of the most traditional people in some of the poorest countries. Well-known to people who don't even really follow international news or domestic politics. Known just as much to Protestants and the Orthodox, since their denominations often have something about the Pope as a talking point, so they at least know of the position and very likely know who the current one is. In a similar way, known also to Muslims and to Atheists. And would at the very least be making the news in China, India, etc. And this has been especially active, and always providing supporters and critics with things to discuss.

Putin

Obama

Trump

Kim Jong Un

Biden

Xi

Modi

King Charles III, Prince William, Prince Harry, Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Camilla

Bill & Hillary Clinton

Your Paul McCartney's, Leonardo DiCaprio's, Harrison Ford's, Elton John's, Madonna's, Tom Cruise's, Angelina Jolie's, famous soccer players, Michael Phelps (and similar Olympic athletes that broke records and got that attention), Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, etc.

Your one-time famous events with people attached... you hardly ever think about them anymore, but if someone brings up the incident, you remember. For example, this is an example that sprang to mind first even though they technically wouldn't be on this list because they're dead, but the rich guy in the shoddy submarine that imploded in the Titanic. Nearly the entire world covered that. You don't think about that rich guy, but if you bring up one of these universal incidents that captured everyone's attention and had some people clearly attached to it, you remember. A more U.S.-specific example is the plane captain who calmly and safely crashed the failing airplane into the Hudson River and with no casualties. Anyone who was alive and remotely listened to the news at that time in America instantly know what I'm talking about and remembers that captain. There's also stuff like this that sometimes make it to the global scale, like the submarine crew in the Titanic.

Merkel might have once been on this list. Same with Blair, and Cameron (Cameron especially due to Brexit getting world attention). Sarah Palin might even have once been on here, or still could be, though fits more into one of those "remember that one time" incidents that people always remember even if they don't think about much regularly.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2024, 08:06:16 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2024, 08:16:43 AM by Middle-aged Europe »

Dunno... DiCaprio? Schwarzenegger? Harrison Ford? One of the Toms (Cruise/Hanks)?

Ford has going for himself that he's both Han Solo and Indiana Jones.

Schwarzenegger is the Terminator.

Cruise starred in seven Mission: Impossible and two Top Gun movies in the past 40 years.

One of those three, I guess. DiCaprio and Hanks are maybe too high-brow?

wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2024, 09:09:17 PM »

Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo
Barack Obama
Jackie Chan
Donald Trump
Vladimir Putin
Pope Francis
Maddona