Opinion of James Monroe (poster)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 11:50:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of James Monroe (poster)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of James Monroe (poster)
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Opinion of James Monroe (poster)  (Read 1273 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2024, 11:07:51 AM »

Regardless of if he's trolling or not, he did manage to come up with a persona even more insufferable than his previous KHive super-woke bizarrely mixed with edgy Reddit atheism one, which is quite the accomplishment. HP.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 11:17:16 AM »

HP.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2024, 01:23:43 PM »

This user is currently ignored.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2024, 01:27:37 PM »

Better than BRTD.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2024, 02:11:10 PM »

I'm very confused by his current persona.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024, 05:33:01 PM »

Regardless of if he's trolling or not, he did manage to come up with a persona even more insufferable than his previous KHive super-woke bizarrely mixed with edgy Reddit atheism one, which is quite the accomplishment. HP.

What now?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2024, 06:06:23 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2024, 06:14:48 PM by I spent the winter writing songs about getting better »

What now?
He has Putin and Bashar al-Assad in his sig which should give an indication.
Sumner 1868
Maps are a good thing
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2024, 10:01:44 PM »

Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2024, 10:19:05 PM »

FF, he gets more interesting each time he comes back to the forum.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2024, 12:08:28 AM »

I'll give him credit, his shticks are at least unorthodox. Doesn't make it any less noxious though.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2024, 10:56:54 AM »

What makes no sense is how the GOP which was always so anti-Russia is now so pro-Russia.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2024, 12:13:15 PM »

What makes no sense is how the GOP which was always so anti-Russia is now so pro-Russia.

Republicans have strongly moved towards authoritarianism over recent years, and Trump perfectly amplified this trend. So it's kind of natural Republicans now see Putin's Russia in a positive way. Trump admires Putin because he wants to be like him: A strongman ruler who can silence, imprison or kill his opposition. Republicans also have become to party of isolationism and anti-globalization, so both Russia and Republicans share the common goal of a less active foreign policy by the US, albeit for different reasons.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2024, 12:46:45 PM »

One of the many users on this site who is in clear need of therapy and/or medication, and yet is allowed to continue to post solely for the amusement of others. If we wanted to, we could try to improve the lives of people like this by conditioning their continued use of this site on seeking the IRL help they desperately need, yet so many users here are content to just allow the status quo to persist. Mental health is a serious problem in this country, and especially on this site. We should not hesitate to publicly identify users who exhibit signs of mental health crises and communicate to them that they require help this site cannot provide.

I know I've been guilty of it at times myself, but I'm honestly so sick of the way this site collectively laughs at mentally ill people. It's not funny, it doesn't help them, and keeping them on this site to post their ramblings just degrades the quality of our forum. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2024, 01:09:59 PM »

One of the many users on this site who is in clear need of therapy and/or medication, and yet is allowed to continue to post solely for the amusement of others. If we wanted to, we could try to improve the lives of people like this by conditioning their continued use of this site on seeking the IRL help they desperately need, yet so many users here are content to just allow the status quo to persist. Mental health is a serious problem in this country, and especially on this site. We should not hesitate to publicly identify users who exhibit signs of mental health crises and communicate to them that they require help this site cannot provide.

I know I've been guilty of it at times myself, but I'm honestly so sick of the way this site collectively laughs at mentally ill people. It's not funny, it doesn't help them, and keeping them on this site to post their ramblings just degrades the quality of our forum. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

The extent to which lolcow culture has been normalized and people of all persuasions just get their jollies from making fun of the mentally ill is one of the worst trends in the modern internet. This sort of thing has always existed of course, but go back to the mid-2000s and it was restricted to 4Chan and other disreputable corners. Now it's just treated as a normal thing that literally everyone does.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2024, 01:17:02 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2024, 01:40:47 PM by °Leprechaun »

I agree with you 1000% on the highlighted.
This has never been a friendly place and I am sure many users have been emotionally hurt by the unacceptable bullying that goes on here.
I am pleased with afleitch's thread where people can vent their problems.
I know that constant complaining can be very annoying and that thread should be used for those with personal problems.
Covid and 9-11 have changed the US.
Freshly-touched grass
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2024, 01:20:28 PM »

Are we sure this particular case is something that can be chalked up to mental illness? James Monroe was always a low-quality, but pretty ignorable poster. I think what he's doing now is just an act for attention.

Otherwise, I agree that lolcow culture is one of the worst things to come from the internet. I'm guilty of it myself and at a few points have been a victim of it. In that respect, I'm much more selective about how much I share about my own life these days.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2024, 03:21:07 PM »

Are we sure this particular case is something that can be chalked up to mental illness? James Monroe was always a low-quality, but pretty ignorable poster. I think what he's doing now is just an act for attention.

Otherwise, I agree that lolcow culture is one of the worst things to come from the internet. I'm guilty of it myself and at a few points have been a victim of it. In that respect, I'm much more selective about how much I share about my own life these days.

He’s been posting schizophrenic delusions for years now, beyond even garden-variety 9/11 truther stuff. His posts are often garbled gibberish which he says is due to dyslexia, but it seems to come and go, and his more outlandish posts are usually accompanied by more egregious grammar. I am not a mental health expert, but the way he goes through these conspiracy theory episodes periodically signals something more than dyslexia to me. Idk if others with more experience with this subject agree.

Regardless of the form of his posts, the content is truly disturbing.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2024, 03:44:55 PM »

I think one shouldn´t take much seriosly what someone post.
Imagine thinking that I somehow stan McAdoo or something like that.

Now, I think Lionel do had some problems, but who knows.
James Monroe

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2024, 07:04:20 PM »

Listen, let me be clear about my motivation in joining the forum. When I was looking for a outgoing forum dedicated to talking electoral politics there was not much of a space of a community in which they were majority young, nor where there was a significant range of diversity in the political views from the user base. The echo chambers of DU and FR were the opposite direction of what I was searching for in a vibrate political forum.upon searching I stumble upon this place where there was a discussion about the voting results of the counties in the poster state. The content was unlike what I often encounter on the internet, which is just hostile rhetoric of everyone convincing you that voting for their side was the right decision. That is what led me to begin my journey on this beautiful forum we call home.

Now, over the years I will admit my posting style to be very combative, I’ll apologize for all those that I have offended. The primaries and getting into discussions on religion were going against my principles of what I was strieving for in a community. Just a sign of the polarizing times we live in. The Trump era has brought so much toxicity that it inflects so much of our daily lives. Just remember that at the end of the day we are all human, we all make mistakes that we come to regret upon further reflection. There were times where I became my worst enemy among my loved ones, never mind all the strangers here who I have not face in person. I have struggled with some form of anxiety and depression that has been untreated by health officials. Just remember to treat your stranger as if they were a lifelong friend. We should come into harmony more often rather than start wars with our fellow forum users.

Let me end this by saying thanks to everyone here who joined and help foster a political space that has been a pleasure to be part of. Thank you all!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2024, 06:34:25 AM »

Listen, let me be clear about my motivation in joining the forum. When I was looking for a outgoing forum dedicated to talking electoral politics there was not much of a space of a community in which they were majority young, nor where there was a significant range of diversity in the political views from the user base. The echo chambers of DU and FR were the opposite direction of what I was searching for in a vibrate political forum.upon searching I stumble upon this place where there was a discussion about the voting results of the counties in the poster state. The content was unlike what I often encounter on the internet, which is just hostile rhetoric of everyone convincing you that voting for their side was the right decision. That is what led me to begin my journey on this beautiful forum we call home.

Now, over the years I will admit my posting style to be very combative, I’ll apologize for all those that I have offended. The primaries and getting into discussions on religion were going against my principles of what I was strieving for in a community. Just a sign of the polarizing times we live in. The Trump era has brought so much toxicity that it inflects so much of our daily lives. Just remember that at the end of the day we are all human, we all make mistakes that we come to regret upon further reflection. There were times where I became my worst enemy among my loved ones, never mind all the strangers here who I have not face in person. I have struggled with some form of anxiety and depression that has been untreated by health officials. Just remember to treat your stranger as if they were a lifelong friend. We should come into harmony more often rather than start wars with our fellow forum users.

Let me end this by saying thanks to everyone here who joined and help foster a political space that has been a pleasure to be part of. Thank you all!
Even if you are currently doing a trolling bit like most of us (and myself included) suspect, there is some real irony to a guy with Assad and Putin in their sig who’s making threads pushing their imperialist talking points about “Ukrainians being Nazis” and “Assad never gassed anyone” bemoaning how toxic U.S. political discourse has become
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2024, 01:31:52 PM »

Even if you are currently doing a trolling bit like most of us (and myself included) suspect, there is some real irony to a guy with Assad and Putin in their sig who’s making threads pushing their imperialist talking points about “Ukrainians being Nazis” and “Assad never gassed anyone” bemoaning how toxic U.S. political discourse has become

He's not a troll. Schizophrenic people are particularly susceptible to conspiracy theories like these.
James Monroe

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2024, 04:24:33 PM »

He's not a troll. Schizophrenic people are particularly susceptible to conspiracy theories like these.

The Nazis in Ukraine is not a conspiracy theory. It has been well documented by many news sources that span from the right and left sphere of the political spectrum.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ukraine-has-nazi-problem-vladimir-putin-s-denazification-claim-war-ncna1290946

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/29/europe/ukraine-azov-movement-far-right-intl-cmd/index.html

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/neo-nazis-far-right-ukraine/

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2024, 04:44:27 PM »

The Nazis in Ukraine is not a conspiracy theory. It has been well documented by many news sources that span from the right and left sphere of the political spectrum.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ukraine-has-nazi-problem-vladimir-putin-s-denazification-claim-war-ncna1290946

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/29/europe/ukraine-azov-movement-far-right-intl-cmd/index.html

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/neo-nazis-far-right-ukraine/

Please seek help. Your mother and I are very concerned.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2024, 10:50:05 AM »

For what it is worth, I dislike polls about posters, particularly problematical posters. It is humiliating. I understand it is a long standing Atlas tradition and I have no potential power to ban it, other than perhaps lobbying Virginia.
Freshly-touched grass
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2024, 12:24:43 PM »

For what it is worth, I dislike polls about posters, particularly problematical posters. It is humiliating. I understand it is a long standing Atlas tradition and I have no potential power to ban it, other than perhaps lobbying Virginia.

I think the current policy is fair: the subject of the poll has the final word as to whether it stays or gets deleted.

But yes, it is remarkable that approval polls about posters have always been allowed, when you think about it. Most online forums would never tolerate them, but Atlas is a unique place.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies