How do you think Biden/Trump are feeling right now.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:44:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How do you think Biden/Trump are feeling right now.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How do you think Biden/Trump are feeling right now.  (Read 649 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2024, 11:44:51 AM »

?

If I had to guess:

Biden: Nervous
Trump: Nervous/Cocky/Angry
James Monroe

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2024, 03:12:29 PM »

Trump: Arrogant
Biden: Cautious
Obama24
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 03:14:19 PM »

Disagree. Trump probably is nervous. A lot of his BS I feel is grandstanding. Biden probably doesn't care either way
GAinDC

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 04:05:39 PM »

Based on recent reports, interviews and public comments:

Trump is probably incredibly motivated to win since the stakes have never been higher for him. That likely manifests in manic cycles of hubris and panic.

Biden is stubborn and is probably very frustrated that a lot of the polling (at least the public polls) don't look good for him even though he's presiding over a strong economy, many legislative achievements, and a deeply compromised opponent. Honestly, I'd be frustrated too.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2024, 04:17:00 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2024, 04:20:38 PM by Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope »

Biden: Can't wait to run for re-election to the Senate, pleased he just had a great call with Mitterrand
Trump: THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA WON'T ADMIT THIS IS A TOTAL WITCH HUNT, JUDGE BRAD MARCHAND SHOULD BE DISBARRED
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 04:40:00 PM »

Both have reasons to be nervous.

Biden is running to basically save the country, and knows how high the stakes are, especially with the debate.

Trump is running to avoid further legal consequences. No matter how lucky Trump has been with his delay tactics, if he isn't President in 2025, he will suffer harsher legal consequences eventually.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 07:04:48 PM »

Biden is FRUSTRATED. He's done a much better job than the American people have given him credit for.

Trump is ANXIOUS. He is in a 50-50 fight for his freedom. He will most likely end his life in prison or under house arrest if he loses.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2024, 07:07:56 PM »

Anxious not worried for Biden because Ds are ahead in all the D swing state S races, and it's called fundraiser. I am not an R so who cares about Trump.

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2024, 09:54:14 PM »

I feel both are probably way more confident than either have any right to be
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 09:57:34 PM »

Biden is running to basically save the country, and knows how high the stakes are, especially with the debate.

Trump is running to avoid further legal consequences. No matter how lucky Trump has been with his delay tactics, if he isn't President in 2025, he will suffer harsher legal consequences eventually.

Yeah i probably could agree with you in that these are what they are thinking but to be honest, I think the larger issue is that even if trump wins again that only delays things 4 more years, meaning it starts again stringer than every on 2029
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 10:13:49 PM »

Yeah i probably could agree with you in that these are what they are thinking but to be honest, I think the larger issue is that even if trump wins again that only delays things 4 more years, meaning it starts again stringer than every on 2029

And if Biden wins that only delays the MAGA comeback for four years since a GOP candidate is probably favored in 2028.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 10:17:27 PM »

Right now he's probably asleep but I hope earlier he had some ice cream and felt really good.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2024, 11:07:05 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2024, 11:10:12 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

As I said Biden isn't nervous or worried he is just anxious like many Ds on the forum are, for the votes to come in. Just like the polls underestimating Ds in 22

Not worried about Trump indicted criminal

Emerson has Biden within 2/3 pts thats Early votes can make up the gap between Biden and Trump
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2024, 03:01:30 AM »

Biden: Can't wait to run for re-election to the Senate, pleased he just had a great call with Mitterrand
Trump: THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA WON'T ADMIT THIS IS A TOTAL WITCH HUNT, JUDGE BRAD MARCHAND SHOULD BE DISBARRED
Accurate!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2024, 03:10:26 AM »

If Biden was still in the Senate, in a week he would be beating Robert Byrd for the longest serving Senator ever.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2024, 03:42:05 AM »

If Ds are outpolling Biden in swing S races according to Emerson and Emerson has Trump leading them all except MN it's likely a 303 map, D S will pull Biden thru
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2024, 06:17:44 AM »

Trump: confident
Biden: confused
James Monroe

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2024, 08:59:54 AM »

Disagree. Trump probably is nervous. A lot of his BS I feel is grandstanding. Biden probably doesn't care either way

Trump by nature is not somebody who wants to feel vulnerability. He wants to remain confident in having the shot at returning to the Oval Office. The polling has been on his side and Biden has alienated much of his base that Trump believes his own MAGA base will come to the polling booth in November.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2024, 10:32:43 AM »

I think both are a little off...
At least Biden has the residuals of better years. I think he supposes that 'the actual campaing starts after the conventions'.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2024, 03:00:53 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2024, 03:05:13 PM by President Johnson »

Pretty much this.

For Biden, it would also be a personal disappointment after such a long and distingushed career. Ending 52 years in Washington with a defeat would be pretty painful. On the other hand, if he wins, it would absolutely crown his political life. Like him or not, spending 56 years as DC politician with several high ranking positions in the senate, two terms as vice president, four years off but not out of spotlight, and then two terms as president would be quite unique.

And on a related note, Biden just needs to make it to August 9, 2026, and he'd be longer in the office of vice president and president combined than anybody else in American history (surpassing Nixon then).
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2024, 03:47:26 PM »

Based on recent reports, interviews and public comments:

Trump is probably incredibly motivated to win since the stakes have never been higher for him. That likely manifests in manic cycles of hubris and panic.

Biden is stubborn and is probably very frustrated that a lot of the polling (at least the public polls) don't look good for him even though he's presiding over a strong economy, many legislative achievements, and a deeply compromised opponent. Honestly, I'd be frustrated too.

You keep saying this, but no one besides you believes that the economy is good. Well, maybe the people who got 1,000 stocks of NVIDIA in 2020 do, but working and middle class folk don't think this economy is working well for people like us.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2024, 10:00:32 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2024, 10:03:50 PM by Holy Unifying Centrist »

I'll make an addendum to my above post, the economy is also working well if you are 65+ year receiving 15%+ of my paycheck every cycle in the form of Medicare / Social Security
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2024, 10:22:27 PM »

old
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2024, 03:53:09 AM »

I'll make an addendum to my above post, the economy is also working well if you are 65+ year receiving 15%+ of my paycheck every cycle in the form of Medicare / Social Security

So are you a believer in age depolarization? We are seeing polling suggesting that
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2024, 07:51:35 AM »

"Gee, we're the most unpopular pair of presidential nominees since Bush and Dukakis 36 years ago!"
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies