Trumpburgum.com redirects to Trump campaign website
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 11:18:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trumpburgum.com redirects to Trump campaign website
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trumpburgum.com redirects to Trump campaign website  (Read 1228 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2024, 06:57:27 PM »

trumpburgum.com

trumpvance.com, trumpscott.com, trumprubio.com and trumpstefanik.com don't. The Stefanik domain name has recently been purchased and the other three are apparently still for sale.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 06:58:01 PM »

4D chess. Don't read too much into it.
Proud Independent
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 11:30:18 PM »

I doubt Trump has chosen, but Burgum would be the least offensive on his shortlist with really not a whole lot of liabilities minus abortion. But I still think It's between him and Rubio. I do think had Stefanik been more than just a house member(Governor or Senator) which is impossible thanks to her living in NY, she'd replace Burgum in the final two.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 11:32:46 PM »

Could it be somebody random that bought it and has it redirecting there?
Jerry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 11:36:12 PM »

Trump/Burgum got a beautiful ring to it. Cant not wait to watch Burgum wipe the flor with Kamala Harris in the debates. How she gonna defend Biden admin border crisus that she speerheaded?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2024, 12:03:30 AM »

I think it's probably going to be Burgum although I wouldn't bet on it yet since there is still a lot of uncertainty. If Trump picks Burgum though he likely wants to vet him significantly first since he is relatively unknown. Rubio, Vance, and Youngkin have already been in the Dems crosshairs so if there was anything horrible about them we would know it by now.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2024, 01:29:12 AM »

Sort of like if Biden picked Steyer in 2020, beautiful
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2024, 02:02:02 AM »

Baffled that anyone would think a boring old venture capitalist fossil fuel ghoul from the safest of states is a good choice for a running mate. This isn't the 2000s GOP, Trump doesn't need to prove his credentials to the beyond dead Reaganite establishment anymore, and he'll need to run a populist campaign to swing the Rust Belt. If Burgum's his choice, he wins a squeaker at best.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2024, 03:06:50 AM »

Baffled that anyone would think a boring old venture capitalist fossil fuel ghoul from the safest of states is a good choice for a running mate. This isn't the 2000s GOP, Trump doesn't need to prove his credentials to the beyond dead Reaganite establishment anymore, and he'll need to run a populist campaign to swing the Rust Belt. If Burgum's his choice, he wins a squeaker at best.
Donald Trump himself appeals to the wwc voters in the Midwest. I cannot think of any other GOP politician who would have more appeal to those people than Trump. The VP should shore up weaknesses not overload strengths. In 2016 Trump picked Pence because he struggled consolidating evangelical voters. Today he has a problem in the suburbs especially with college whites. He needs someone who can try to fix that. On the debate stage Burgum was one of the only people who was against a federal abortion ban and wanted to leave it up to the states which is Trump's policy. He has also vetoed a fair amount of anti-trans bills. Considering the age of both Trump and Biden the VP pick matters a lot and Burgum is much better than Kamala Harris in that regard.

The only better pick is probably Youngkin due to his 2021 race and moderate persona. Plus it would give Winsome Sears a chance to retain the VA governorship in 2025 despite a Trump presidency if she can become popular.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 01:18:24 PM »

I do think had Stefanik been more than just a house member(Governor or Senator) which is impossible thanks to her living in NY, she'd replace Burgum in the final two.

Agreed. I still think Stefanik is an excellent choice; Ig her biggest problem is just the lack of name recognition. (Although Burgum wouldn't have much name rec. either if he hadn't run against Trump, so...)
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 02:36:18 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2024, 02:39:48 PM by EliteLX »

What if I told you the only people who actually care about identity politics are CNN anchors, libs in SF/NY who were never voting for him anyways and political nerds on this forum.

Karl rove politics do not apply.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 03:48:05 PM »

I would be shocked if Trump picked Little Marco. He’s old news, he represents Florida so Trump would have to change residence again (presumably back to the state that just indicted and convicted him), he appeals primarily to a state and demographic that is already overwhelmingly pro-Trump
with no evidence he would help with other Hispanics elsewhere, and let’s dispel with this fiction that Joe Biden doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing! We already know what Robotio would be like at the debates, he’d manage to lose to Harris. I see zero upsides and am baffled he made the shortlist.

I always said Burgum is the only male on the list that makes sense for Trump as he’s such a nobody that there is no way he would draw attention from Trump himself and nobody would care about him so he would fit the “do no harm” criteria. (Unlike, say, Vance.) But I still think it would be a huge mistake not to choose a woman. Picking an anti-choice white male from North Dakota ain’t gonna do much to appeal to the suburban swing voters in the swing states.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2024, 04:17:16 PM »

Burgum is my personal preference on the list (I’d have the least problem with him ending up President of the mentioned candidates), but I don’t actually think he’d be a good running mate. He doesn’t really add much to the ticket.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2024, 04:36:57 PM »

I remember Bidenwhitmer.com redirected to Biden’s site at some point, so I’m not reading too much into this.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2024, 04:37:04 PM »

The only interesting thing about Burgum is that being on the ticket with Trump, win or lose, could be a launchpad for him in 2028. If Biden gets re-elected, and Burgum isn't tainted by Trump, he could be a very strong contender to get nominated and win the entire 2028 general election. Someone as generic as him would be refreshing after dealing with Trump as a three-time consecutive nominee.

As for him being the running mate choice, he doesn't add much to the ticket, but doesn't attract much negative attention either. He'd be Mike Pence 2.0, and that might be Trump's best option.

He does have vulnerabilities on abortion, energy, and abandoning a somewhat sensible tenure as governer on COVID to sell out to Trump. So, in the debate, Harris still has things she can work with. He isn't so generic that he's unstoppable.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 04:49:10 PM »

The only interesting thing about Burgum is that being on the ticket with Trump, win or lose, could be a launchpad for him in 2028. If Biden gets re-elected, and Burgum isn't tainted by Trump, he could be a very strong contender to get nominated and win the entire 2028 general election. Someone as generic as him would be refreshing after dealing with Trump as a three-time consecutive nominee.

As for him being the running mate choice, he doesn't add much to the ticket, but doesn't attract much negative attention either. He'd be Mike Pence 2.0, and that might be Trump's best option.

He does have vulnerabilities on abortion, energy, and abandoning a somewhat sensible tenure as governer on COVID to sell out to Trump. So, in the debate, Harris still has things she can work with. He isn't so generic that he's unstoppable.

There is no way he won’t be too tainted by Trump. If Trump manages to lose this election the GOP will either finally ditch him and pivot, in which case anyone associated with him won’t be the nominee, or they will descend further into madness and double down on everything in which case Burgum would be too bland and boring. Expect if not Trump himself yet again (which is possible if he’s still alive) then like Trump Jr., Vance, or even MTG. You may laugh at that last one but they always seem to find a way to sink lower and lower, don’t underestimate the GOP’s ability to do that.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2024, 05:22:20 PM »

I would be shocked if Trump picked Little Marco. He’s old news, he represents Florida so Trump would have to change residence again (presumably back to the state that just indicted and convicted him), he appeals primarily to a state and demographic that is already overwhelmingly pro-Trump
with no evidence he would help with other Hispanics elsewhere, and let’s dispel with this fiction that Joe Biden doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing! We already know what Robotio would be like at the debates, he’d manage to lose to Harris. I see zero upsides and am baffled he made the shortlist.

I always said Burgum is the only male on the list that makes sense for Trump as he’s such a nobody that there is no way he would draw attention from Trump himself and nobody would care about him so he would fit the “do no harm” criteria. (Unlike, say, Vance.) But I still think it would be a huge mistake not to choose a woman. Picking an anti-choice white male from North Dakota ain’t gonna do much to appeal to the suburban swing voters in the swing states.
Burgum's position on abortion is actually kind of weird, in 2016 when he first ran he sort of just dodged the question and said that it wasn't a priority of his or something that motivated his run, in contrast to his staunch socon primary opponent. After the Dobbs decision dropped he gave a really dry statement about how North Dakota's on the books abortion ban that was suppressed by Roe no longer was and thus the state would comply with the law, but state officials basically delayed enforcement thus giving the state's sole abortion provider enough time to relocate from Fargo to Moorhead just over the border. There was effectively zero impact on access to abortion in North Dakota (which worth noting was already somewhat limited even prior to the Dobbs decision. I've heard the Fargo and now Moorhead clinic was so strained in resources women would often just make the trek down here another 3 1/2 hours away.)

On paper that might almost sound like a strength as less toxic than a hardliner, but it's the sort of wishy-washiness I doubt will win over anyone and frankly no one outside of ND is going to be very familiar with or care, especially because if asked about his position on abortion during the campaign he won't be able to dodge it. He could like Trump just say that it should be a state issue and leave it at that, but then the questions arise of what his position on the suppressed ban was and I don't think "Well I intentionally delayed things to give the sole abortion provider more time to move" would please either side.
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2024, 05:29:33 PM »

Trump is doing a reverse Pence pick, he's dangling crumbs to moderate Repubs / disaffected Dems that if he goes to jail or croaks, they get a sane replacement.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2024, 11:58:26 AM »

Trump is focused on Doug Burgum, JD Vance and Marco Rubio as his VP search enters the home stretch
With less than a month until the GOP convention, internal debates are centered on Burgum and Vance, while lingering doubts could jeopardize Rubio’s chances of being picked.

As former President Donald Trump zeroes in on a vice presidential running mate, two top finalists are emerging: North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and Sen. JD Vance of Ohio.

In interviews with NBC News, more than a dozen sources wired into the process described an intensifying debate over the strengths and weaknesses each candidate would bring to the ticket.

A third prospect, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, remains in contention, sources said. But doubts about his enthusiasm for the job and concerns about navigating a constitutional hang-up that would require Trump or Rubio to establish residency in another state have persisted in ways that could jeopardize his chance

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-doug-burgum-jd-vance-marco-rubio-vp-search-rcna157069

NBC says it's probably Burgum or Vance with Rubio still having a chance.
Redban

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2024, 12:06:29 PM »

Burgum the best of those 3 options
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2024, 12:17:58 PM »

I’ll chime in as someone sharing a lot in common with never Trumpers. Rubio inspires me and I’m tempted by a ticket with him on it. I like Burgum. I somewhat like Vance.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2024, 12:43:54 PM »

I’ll chime in as someone sharing a lot in common with never Trumpers. Rubio inspires me and I’m tempted by a ticket with him on it. I like Burgum. I somewhat like Vance.
The only nice thing about Vance is we could get the first person on a ticket with a beard in over 100 years. Make facial hair great again?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2024, 12:49:03 PM »

Trump/Burgum got a beautiful ring to it. Cant not wait to watch Burgum wipe the flor with Kamala Harris in the debates. How she gonna defend Biden admin border crisus that she speerheaded?

I understand the bit, but don't you think the character of "illiterate Trump supporter" is a little overplayed at this point?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2024, 01:46:16 PM »

I think it's going to be Burgum. Seems like he's got the "mo."

I think it's a dumb choice that does nothing to energize the base or independents but oh well. Burgum has been spending time with him and sucking up nonstop.

All about what Trumpkins wants.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2024, 01:47:32 PM »

I think it's going to be Burgum. Seems like he's got the "mo."

I think it's a dumb choice that does nothing to energize the base or independents but oh well. Burgum has been spending time with him and sucking up nonstop.

All about what Trumpkins wants.

Probably, though I'm not 100% sure whether Burgum would as loyal as some of the Republican firebrands. Like Pence, he seems to be more of an institutionalist.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies