Cori Bush claims to have magical healing powers on Firing Line
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 08:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cori Bush claims to have magical healing powers on Firing Line
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do all the Squad members have magical powers? (Select all that apply)
Bush: Mystic Shaman Healing (confirmed)

Ocasio-Cortez: Super Intelligence

Omar: Jewish Hypnotism Resistance

Pressley: Alopecia

Tlaib: Flight (requires a paraglider)

Bowman: Fire Conjuring

Lee: ?

Casar: ?

Ramirez: ?

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Cori Bush claims to have magical healing powers on Firing Line  (Read 999 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2024, 04:24:25 PM »

it just doesn't make any sense, if you have the power of healing and are not using it regularly you're a very very bad person.  Worse than even the kind of garbage human being who would lie about it.  Only someone with mental health issues would believe this and I'd imagine most of them are already voting for her.

I think people who believe in faith healing are not a particularly left-wing demographic.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2024, 05:33:32 PM »

it just doesn't make any sense, if you have the power of healing and are not using it regularly you're a very very bad person.  Worse than even the kind of garbage human being who would lie about it.  Only someone with mental health issues would believe this and I'd imagine most of them are already voting for her.

I think people who believe in faith healing are not a particularly left-wing demographic.
hey that's great that you think that.  Any data?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2024, 05:35:06 PM »

Is she saying she has the power to miraculously heal people whenever she wants?  I'm not hearing her say that.
no, you're right, she's not saying that.  She's just telling a made up story, like all faith healers.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2024, 06:20:25 PM »

Cori Bush is one of the most hateful people in Congress.  It is difficult to imagine her having a modicum of positive regard for a white liberal, let alone white conservative Christians. 

What makes you think this is an attitude becoming of a Christian, Fuzzy? You are truly the most judgmental person I’ve ever met! “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this [Democratic member of Congress].” I have never interacted with anyone who displays as much self-righteousness and sanctimoniousness as you - and that’s saying a lot on this forum. Take out the beam in your own eye before turning to the beam in Cori Bush’s.

I'm not as you describe.  Indeed, I know what kind of unrestrained sinner that I was, and would be to this day without the power of God working in my life.  I'm a long way from perfect today, but I do know what God has delivered me from.

I don't judge people as to whether or not they are going to Heaven.  This is exclusively God's province.  God has set forth what is required ("that whosoever believeth shall not perish, but have Eternal Life")  But people are able to look at Scripture and decide if a person appears to be lining their life up with it.  Believers CAN judge an act to be sin, and they CAN declare something to be False Doctrine by lining up words and actions with Scripture.  I'm not saying that Cori Bush is not a Christian, but I do note that it was Christ, Himself, who said told us how we would know his Disciples that by their love, each for the other, would the World know that they were His Disciples.  That's not something I made up as a talking point.

I would also ask you, since you brought it us, why you're not taking the plank out of YOUR own eye.  You've certainly called me out at a time where I was making an effort to be charitable.

Prior to this, I had not regarded Cori Bush as a Believer, but I'm open to that.  She is, however, a person that appears to have unmitigated hostility toward white people, and I say this based on her own rhetoric.  Lots of haters of all times have become Christians, but I will say that if they truly believe, God working in them through the Holy Spirit will have a noticeable effect. Nonetheless, she's a person that God can be working on, and some people come to Christ with greater weights than others.

If only all Christians could be as loving, peaceful, forgiving, and kind-hearted as you.

I'm not the Gold Standard of the qualities you mention, but consider some of the people that attack me, and people on my side of the left/right spectrum whom you never criticize.  Think about that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2024, 06:34:21 PM »

Cori Bush is one of the most hateful people in Congress.  It is difficult to imagine her having a modicum of positive regard for a white liberal, let alone white conservative Christians. 

What makes you think this is an attitude becoming of a Christian, Fuzzy? You are truly the most judgmental person I’ve ever met! “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this [Democratic member of Congress].” I have never interacted with anyone who displays as much self-righteousness and sanctimoniousness as you - and that’s saying a lot on this forum. Take out the beam in your own eye before turning to the beam in Cori Bush’s.

I'm not as you describe.  Indeed, I know what kind of unrestrained sinner that I was, and would be to this day without the power of God working in my life.  I'm a long way from perfect today, but I do know what God has delivered me from.

I don't judge people as to whether or not they are going to Heaven.  This is exclusively God's province.  God has set forth what is required ("that whosoever believeth shall not perish, but have Eternal Life")  But people are able to look at Scripture and decide if a person appears to be lining their life up with it.  Believers CAN judge an act to be sin, and they CAN declare something to be False Doctrine by lining up words and actions with Scripture.  I'm not saying that Cori Bush is not a Christian, but I do note that it was Christ, Himself, who said told us how we would know his Disciples that by their love, each for the other, would the World know that they were His Disciples.  That's not something I made up as a talking point.

I would also ask you, since you brought it us, why you're not taking the plank out of YOUR own eye.  You've certainly called me out at a time where I was making an effort to be charitable.

Prior to this, I had not regarded Cori Bush as a Believer, but I'm open to that.  She is, however, a person that appears to have unmitigated hostility toward white people, and I say this based on her own rhetoric.  Lots of haters of all times have become Christians, but I will say that if they truly believe, God working in them through the Holy Spirit will have a noticeable effect. Nonetheless, she's a person that God can be working on, and some people come to Christ with greater weights than others.

If only all Christians could be as loving, peaceful, forgiving, and kind-hearted as you.

I'm not the Gold Standard of the qualities you mention, but consider some of the people that attack me, and people on my side of the left/right spectrum whom you never criticize.  Think about that.

The other users you mention in your whataboutism don't generally make a habit of passive-aggressively questioning the sincerity of other people's Christian beliefs, and thus don't expose themselves quite as easily to ridicule for their hypocrisy as you do.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2024, 07:24:36 PM »

The other users you mention in your whataboutism don't generally make a habit of passive-aggressively questioning the sincerity of other people's Christian beliefs, and thus don't expose themselves quite as easily to ridicule for their hypocrisy as you do.

But, Biblically, "being a Christian" means something quite specific, if you are talking about being "In Christ".  That's the part you don't get.

Being a Christian is being "In Christ".  It's not like being a Democrat or a Republican, where you can be one in your own way.  (I could become a Democrat again and not change a single view and STILL vote in the Democratic Primary, and from 1995-2020 I was something of an Independent RINO in many ways.  Being "In Christ" means believing in your Heart and confessing with your Mouth that Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord and that His Sinless Life, His Death on the Cross, and His Resurrection is what makes it possible for Sinful Man to stand in the presence of a Perfect and Holy God.

According to Scripture, being In Christ is believing that Jesus is who he says he is in Scripture.  If Man did not Fall into sin, his Death was unnecessary.  If he had sinned as a man, His Death would have been meaningless.  He would then be nothing more than another nut who had a good sounding rap, but was either a scam artist or a lunatic. 

If you believe that Jesus is less than who He says He is, that's not going to get you Eternal Life.  If I believe in what I do and care about people not going to Hell, am I being kind by ratifying people's beliefs that won't lead to Eternal Life? 

I certainly hope Cori Bush is saved.  I would hope that if she is, she would find a Pastor who actually believes Scripture.  Then, again, I hope that for everyone, for the simple reason that I don't want ANYONE to go to Hell for Eternity.  And If Cori Bush is saved, God is not a respecter of persons; she's not someone God could never choose to use.  If her "testimony" is true, it's a testimony of what God did, for the benefit of Cori Bush and for the person who experienced a healing.

You spread misinformation bout me because you really don't understand what I believe, or what millions of Christians believe.  You think it silly.  That's fine, and I don't hold that against you, but you really don't understand what I believe, or what other Christians believe.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2024, 07:36:23 PM »

Not particularly left-wing overall, but something like 1 in 4 Pentecostals in the US are black.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2024, 08:07:58 PM »

hey that's great that you think that.  Any data?

I don’t know, man, you’re the one who said most people who believe this are already voting for her.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2024, 12:00:03 PM »

But, Biblically, "being a Christian" means something quite specific, if you are talking about being "In Christ".  That's the part you don't get.

Being a Christian is being "In Christ".  It's not like being a Democrat or a Republican, where you can be one in your own way.  (I could become a Democrat again and not change a single view and STILL vote in the Democratic Primary, and from 1995-2020 I was something of an Independent RINO in many ways.  Being "In Christ" means believing in your Heart and confessing with your Mouth that Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord and that His Sinless Life, His Death on the Cross, and His Resurrection is what makes it possible for Sinful Man to stand in the presence of a Perfect and Holy God.

According to Scripture, being In Christ is believing that Jesus is who he says he is in Scripture.  If Man did not Fall into sin, his Death was unnecessary.  If he had sinned as a man, His Death would have been meaningless.  He would then be nothing more than another nut who had a good sounding rap, but was either a scam artist or a lunatic. 

If you believe that Jesus is less than who He says He is, that's not going to get you Eternal Life.  If I believe in what I do and care about people not going to Hell, am I being kind by ratifying people's beliefs that won't lead to Eternal Life? 

I certainly hope Cori Bush is saved.  I would hope that if she is, she would find a Pastor who actually believes Scripture.  Then, again, I hope that for everyone, for the simple reason that I don't want ANYONE to go to Hell for Eternity.  And If Cori Bush is saved, God is not a respecter of persons; she's not someone God could never choose to use.  If her "testimony" is true, it's a testimony of what God did, for the benefit of Cori Bush and for the person who experienced a healing.

You spread misinformation bout me because you really don't understand what I believe, or what millions of Christians believe.  You think it silly.  That's fine, and I don't hold that against you, but you really don't understand what I believe, or what other Christians believe.

I do think your beliefs are silly, but that's irrelevant to my point. My problem with your posts is that you constantly question the sincerity of other Christians' beliefs (especially politicians like Biden, Warnock, and now Bush) as if your specific brand of evangelical Christianity is the absolute litmus test for determining whether someone is a "real" Christian or not. What gives you the authority to pass judgement on the legitimacy of someone else's belief?

Saying things like "I certainly hope Cori Bush is saved" or "All Lives are precious to God for reasons I cannot fully comprehend" is just a passive-aggressive way for you to weaponize your faith against others by implying that they are either insincere in their belief or that you simply hate them (while avoiding saying as much). Nobody is fooled by this childish façade, and in doing this, you ironically expose yourself as one of the most hateful, unforgiving, and un-Christlike users on this site. It is hard to understand why you feel entitled to say things like this while nonetheless acting in a way that is antithetical to Biblical teachings in every interaction you have on this site. I can think of no one less qualified to be the arbiter of Christian sincerity.

"But whatabout the Democrats" or "tit for tat" are not what Jesus would do. Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2024, 12:56:45 PM »

So - she wrote this in her book, which came out several years back. My question: how the hell is this only hitting the news now? I know reading politicians' books is a serious bore, but this country has an entire army of political "journalists" at the national level who seem to spend all their time coming up with stuff to be yapped out by pundits - shouldn't reading these sorts of things be part of their job?
'
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2024, 03:36:00 PM »

A few things:

Oh man, key wiki, I haven't thought about that website in a long time.

What's this site's story exactly?

She needs to go. This in itself isn't a dealbreaker but I think is reflective of larger problems with her.

Yeah. A lot of the Squad is unfairly maligned but she's just been an embarrassment.

AOC looks better and better the more prominent Bush and Tlaib become. Hell, even Omar seems to be learning when to fold 'em when it comes to her more outré views.

Not particularly left-wing overall, but something like 1 in 4 Pentecostals in the US are black.

It is in fact the most integrated major religious current in America, at all levels. You're likelier to see white and black pastors sharing a Pentecostal pulpit than a Mainline, normie Evangelical, OR Catholic one, for better or for worse.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2024, 03:41:33 PM »

To my understanding, site run by extreme far right nuts (the guy who founded it was VP of ACT New Zealand) that keeps meticulous tabs on anyone they deem socialist or communist; even down to anyone who's signed any public petition. They have tens to hundreds of thousands of articles; I'm pretty sure several posters on here probably have articles there.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2024, 03:45:45 PM »

IIRC it was a wiki set up by some right-wing college student in New Zealand as some sort of "anti-socialism" reporting site, weird as that sounds.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2024, 03:42:25 AM »

Hell yeah
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2024, 11:32:58 PM »

IIRC it was a wiki set up by some right-wing college student in New Zealand as some sort of "anti-socialism" reporting site, weird as that sounds.
Nah he's in his 60s and is a legit politician and former vice president of the ACT party. Weird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Loudon
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2024, 04:35:52 PM »

It's curious to me, and says a lot about just how terrible New Zealand Labour was in the 80s, that ACT is a split not from National but from them, from when Roger Douglas got butthurt that the party was turning against his use of it as a vehicle for shock-doctrine economics.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies