Cori Bush claims to have magical healing powers on Firing Line
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 09:35:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cori Bush claims to have magical healing powers on Firing Line
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Do all the Squad members have magical powers? (Select all that apply)
Bush: Mystic Shaman Healing (confirmed)

Ocasio-Cortez: Super Intelligence

Omar: Jewish Hypnotism Resistance

Pressley: Alopecia

Tlaib: Flight (requires a paraglider)

Bowman: Fire Conjuring

Lee: ?

Casar: ?

Ramirez: ?

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Cori Bush claims to have magical healing powers on Firing Line  (Read 1005 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 19, 2024, 12:05:59 PM »

Cori Bush: Politician, nurse, pastor, activist, anti-Rittenhouse advocate, and now tribal shaman. What will this woman add to her impressive resume next?
Freshly-touched grass
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2024, 02:56:55 PM »

So that's what black girl magic is...
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2024, 02:57:47 PM »

Why did people think they are called The Squad? I thought it was well-known they are a “squad” of superheroes, duh.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 07:30:48 PM »

https://keywiki.org/Kingdom_Embassy_International

"Who woulda thunk it?" - Casey Stengel
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2024, 08:07:56 PM »

I’ve had negative experiences with faith healers myself! I hope that woman didn’t avoid seeing the doctor after this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2024, 08:32:02 PM »

Is she a Believer?

Mark 16 says that in Jesus's Name, "and these signs will follow those who believe:"  A number of signs are listed, one of them is "they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover".  I certainly believe that Divine Healing in Jesus is provided for in the Atonement.

Jesus, Himself, said this about His Disciples:

Quote from: John 13:35
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Cori Bush is one of the most hateful people in Congress.  It is difficult to imagine her having a modicum of positive regard for a white liberal, let alone white conservative Christians.  Of course, I suppose that Cori Bush, while repulsive in many ways, is a legitimately hurting and suffering human being on a number of personal levels.  There are a lot of people who profess Christ as their Lord and Savior who are hurting at very deep levels.  Perhaps Cori Bush is one of those people.  I certainly believe that God will heal people and God uses Believers to be vessels of His Healing.  I also believe that God would use (and has used) people like Cori Bush as ministers of Healing, not just for the benefit of the Healed, but for the benefit of those laying hands on the sick and those who would witness this, that they, too, would come to Faith in Christ.

I don't dismiss this as ridiculous.  I would certainly pray that Cori Bush, if she is a Believer, would submit herself totally to God, in every way.  She would do more good for the World, and for the people she particularly wants to help, if she actually did so.  Then, again, I could say this about a lot of people, and people could say this about me in a bad day.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2024, 08:38:14 PM »

Lee has the power of casting impotence spells, but only on soldiers.

Ramirez has the power of invisibility.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2024, 08:56:02 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2024, 04:09:52 PM by H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY »

Cori Bush is one of the most hateful people in Congress.  It is difficult to imagine her having a modicum of positive regard for a white liberal, let alone white conservative Christians.  

What makes you think this is an attitude becoming of a Christian, Fuzzy? You are truly the most judgmental person I’ve ever met! “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this [Democratic member of Congress].” I have never interacted with anyone who displays as much self-righteousness and sanctimoniousness as you - and that’s saying a lot on this forum. Take out the mote in your own eye before turning to the beam in Cori Bush’s.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 09:25:29 PM »

Squad primary update: Cori Bush sleeps in an oxygen tent that she believes gives her mystical healing powers
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024, 09:37:02 PM »

Cori Bush is one of the most hateful people in Congress.  It is difficult to imagine her having a modicum of positive regard for a white liberal, let alone white conservative Christians. 

What makes you think this is an attitude becoming of a Christian, Fuzzy? You are truly the most judgmental person I’ve ever met! “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this [Democratic member of Congress].” I have never interacted with anyone who displays as much self-righteousness and sanctimoniousness as you - and that’s saying a lot on this forum. Take out the beam in your own eye before turning to the beam in Cori Bush’s.

I'm not as you describe.  Indeed, I know what kind of unrestrained sinner that I was, and would be to this day without the power of God working in my life.  I'm a long way from perfect today, but I do know what God has delivered me from.

I don't judge people as to whether or not they are going to Heaven.  This is exclusively God's province.  God has set forth what is required ("that whosoever believeth shall not perish, but have Eternal Life")  But people are able to look at Scripture and decide if a person appears to be lining their life up with it.  Believers CAN judge an act to be sin, and they CAN declare something to be False Doctrine by lining up words and actions with Scripture.  I'm not saying that Cori Bush is not a Christian, but I do note that it was Christ, Himself, who said told us how we would know his Disciples that by their love, each for the other, would the World know that they were His Disciples.  That's not something I made up as a talking point.

I would also ask you, since you brought it us, why you're not taking the plank out of YOUR own eye.  You've certainly called me out at a time where I was making an effort to be charitable.

Prior to this, I had not regarded Cori Bush as a Believer, but I'm open to that.  She is, however, a person that appears to have unmitigated hostility toward white people, and I say this based on her own rhetoric.  Lots of haters of all times have become Christians, but I will say that if they truly believe, God working in them through the Holy Spirit will have a noticeable effect. Nonetheless, she's a person that God can be working on, and some people come to Christ with greater weights than others.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2024, 10:31:28 PM »

She needs to go. This in itself isn't a dealbreaker but I think is reflective of larger problems with her.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2024, 11:52:10 PM »

She needs to go. This in itself isn't a dealbreaker but I think is reflective of larger problems with her.

I would say this on its own is a deal-breaker, but agree she's got many many other problems that make her patently unfit for congress.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2024, 12:13:01 AM »

Cori Bush is one of the most hateful people in Congress.  It is difficult to imagine her having a modicum of positive regard for a white liberal, let alone white conservative Christians. 

What makes you think this is an attitude becoming of a Christian, Fuzzy? You are truly the most judgmental person I’ve ever met! “God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this [Democratic member of Congress].” I have never interacted with anyone who displays as much self-righteousness and sanctimoniousness as you - and that’s saying a lot on this forum. Take out the beam in your own eye before turning to the beam in Cori Bush’s.

I'm not as you describe.  Indeed, I know what kind of unrestrained sinner that I was, and would be to this day without the power of God working in my life.  I'm a long way from perfect today, but I do know what God has delivered me from.

I don't judge people as to whether or not they are going to Heaven.  This is exclusively God's province.  God has set forth what is required ("that whosoever believeth shall not perish, but have Eternal Life")  But people are able to look at Scripture and decide if a person appears to be lining their life up with it.  Believers CAN judge an act to be sin, and they CAN declare something to be False Doctrine by lining up words and actions with Scripture.  I'm not saying that Cori Bush is not a Christian, but I do note that it was Christ, Himself, who said told us how we would know his Disciples that by their love, each for the other, would the World know that they were His Disciples.  That's not something I made up as a talking point.

I would also ask you, since you brought it us, why you're not taking the plank out of YOUR own eye.  You've certainly called me out at a time where I was making an effort to be charitable.

Prior to this, I had not regarded Cori Bush as a Believer, but I'm open to that.  She is, however, a person that appears to have unmitigated hostility toward white people, and I say this based on her own rhetoric.  Lots of haters of all times have become Christians, but I will say that if they truly believe, God working in them through the Holy Spirit will have a noticeable effect. Nonetheless, she's a person that God can be working on, and some people come to Christ with greater weights than others.

If only all Christians could be as loving, peaceful, forgiving, and kind-hearted as you.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2024, 01:08:10 AM »

It would be one if she tried to make money on it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2024, 02:22:44 AM »

it just doesn't make any sense, if you have the power of healing and are not using it regularly you're a very very bad person.  Worse than even the kind of garbage human being who would lie about it.  Only someone with mental health issues would believe this and I'd imagine most of them are already voting for her.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2024, 02:44:57 AM »

Nonetheless, she's a person that God can be working on, and some people come to Christ with greater weights than others.

Faith in Christ is the greatest weight loss drug.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2024, 11:34:41 AM »

Nonetheless, she's a person that God can be working on, and some people come to Christ with greater weights than others.

Faith in Christ is the greatest weight loss drug.

Cori Bush clearly has greater weights than others.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2024, 12:18:41 PM »

Endorsed
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Slovakia

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: 0.35

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2024, 01:19:55 PM »

it just doesn't make any sense, if you have the power of healing and are not using it regularly you're a very very bad person.  Worse than even the kind of garbage human being who would lie about it.  Only someone with mental health issues would believe this and I'd imagine most of them are already voting for her.

Is she saying she has the power to miraculously heal people whenever she wants?  I'm not hearing her say that.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2024, 01:30:11 PM »

Oh man, key wiki, I haven't thought about that website in a long time.
Still Nervous
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2024, 02:12:15 PM »

This is the funniest thread we've had in a while. Really spectacular work on the poll options, Dule.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2024, 03:34:21 PM »

If only all Christians could be as loving, peaceful, forgiving, and kind-hearted as you.

The world would be a better place, yes

Just imagine if it were as loving and forgiving as the Atlas average.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2024, 03:44:08 PM »

Is she saying she has the power to miraculously heal people whenever she wants?  I'm not hearing her say that.

She's not, no.

Jesus said that laying hands on the sick and having them recover is a sign that will follow those who believe.  God does use Christians for His Glory to manifest His healing.

She's not claiming "magical powers".  She's claiming a particular experience that many Christians have experienced.  It's God's GIFT of Healing (if that's what we're talking about here); it's not a superpower to be used on demand.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2024, 04:03:24 PM »

Yeah. A lot of the Squad is unfairly maligned but she's just been an embarrassment.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2024, 04:17:29 PM »

She's not, no.

Jesus said that laying hands on the sick and having them recover is a sign that will follow those who believe.  God does use Christians for His Glory to manifest His healing.

She's not claiming "magical powers".  She's claiming a particular experience that many Christians have experienced.  It's God's GIFT of Healing (if that's what we're talking about here); it's not a superpower to be used on demand.

Oh ok, that clears it up. My mistake; at the very least, Cori Bush is just as mentally well as any other American Christian.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies