The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:27:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 5520 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 01:00:01 PM »

Opebo passed over again!  The outrage!  Sad

Man, I remember when I was a Senator over a year ago voting Opebo onto the court... He's one of the longest tenured Justices in Atlasian history if I'm not mistaken... He's kinda like John Paul Stevens.

I think William O Douglas is a better comparsion, though Stevens isn't a bad one (since he replaced WOD)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 01:03:08 PM »

Man, I remember when I was a Senator over a year ago voting Opebo onto the court... He's one of the longest tenured Justices in Atlasian history if I'm not mistaken... He's kinda like John Paul Stevens.

I think William O Douglas is a better comparsion, though Stevens isn't a bad one (since he replaced WOD)

You're right Bullmoose. Douglas is a better comparison. Stevens was just the one who came to mind since he's seemingly been there forever, and most of us weren't alive when Douglas was on the court. Harry Blackmun is another good comparison for Opebo being that he's likely to dissent alot of the descisions of the new upcoming court.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »

You're right Bullmoose. Douglas is a better comparison. Stevens was just the one who came to mind since he's seemingly been there forever, and most of us weren't alive when Douglas was on the court. Harry Blackmun is another good comparison for Opebo being that he's likely to dissent alot of the descisions of the new upcoming court.

Well, I tend to not use the Stevens/Blackmun comparisons as they were Republicans. (Albeit liberal ones)...

Douglas or Brennan would be better fits (both politically and ideologically)

Although, its premature to predict he will be on the dissenting end of 2-1 decisions.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 01:11:41 PM »

Didn't Blackmun have something of a reputation for sloth?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 01:13:10 PM »

Didn't Blackmun have something of a reputation for sloth?

I haven't heard about this???
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 06:15:25 PM »

I am honoured by the incipient chief's comparison of myself to Douglas and Brennan, and wish him the best of luck in his confirmation.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 05:17:53 PM »

Executive Order Concerning the Proportional Representation Act

1.) Recognizing that the End to Districts amendment has successfully amended the constitution after passing all relevant amending procedure;
2.) Acknowledging that the Proportional Representation Act needs direct executive action taken after the passage and that the results for regional referenda have all been certified;
3.) The Proportional Representation Act shall hereby take effect in the Republic of Atlasia for the stated elections.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 04:38:42 PM »

*Claps*
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »

^^^^^
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 07:46:45 AM »

My Letter Of Resignation

Mr President.

First, I must make clear that I am resigning not out of personal bitterness, because I have none towards either you or to your wider Administration, but out of principle.
But before going into any detail regarding the reason for my resignation I should also say that  my experience in this Administration has generally been very positive and I am grateful that I got a chance to try to make the DEA work again and I hope that my successor will continue with the work that I've started here. So why have I chosen to resign?

I genuinely believe that in order to have a moral foreign policy, and I certainly believe that we ought to have one of those, policy must be consistent and, as far as I'm concerned, there is little difference between the system of government operating in the Russian Federation and those operating in the various minor dictatorships that surround it. The fundamental difference between Russia and these regimes, which are often close to being puppet-states anyway, is Russia's political and economic clout, things that I don't think should be a much of a factor in determining official, open, policy. It is clear to me, and everyone else, that this view is not shared by either you or the wider Administration, meaning that a public policy clash exists between the President and a member of his cabinet. As I am not willing to compromise my principles any further, my position is untenable.

Thus, I resign.

A.C.Widdershins
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »

Sad to see you go Al. I thought you were an excellent SoEA.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »

'Tis a shame! You have been the best SoEA since Ive been here! Surely, your legacy will be crystal clear for years to come!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 04:30:33 PM »

Mr. President,

I have accepted the office of Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast and I have hereby resigned from my office of Attorney General. I thank you for giving me this opportunity and I wish you the best. I hope a replacement will be announced soon by the incoming President.

Respectfully,

Hashemite
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies