The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:40:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 5518 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »

Announcements

-The Formal Inauguration Ceremony and the Presidential Inauguration Speech will be delivered tomorrow the 9th of July. All current and former office holders as well as all esteemed Atlasians are cordially invited to the Inaugural Ball to be held after the Ceremony.

-Nominations for the positions of Attorney General and Secretary of External Affairs will be announced, at the latest, by Thursday the 12th of July.

-The President would like to formally nominate current SoFA Gabu for the position of Secretary of Forum Affairs for another four months, as the President considers the current Secretary to have preformed admirably in the position during his current tenure.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:22:04 PM »

Nominations

-I would like to formally nominate former President, Senator, and long time Atlasian True Democrat for the office of SoEA. Through many years of working with Mr. True Democrat I have seen the intense knowledge that he has for foreign policy and diplomatic matters and I believe that his nomination will bring a new activity to the office. We have already agreed that long unused features of the office, such as the foreign policy review, need to be updated and that it is imperative that Atlasia begin to project itself again in the world with new visits to heads of state and a more defined and bilateral free trade policy between nations. As SoEA I have high hopes for Mr. True Democrat and it is in this administrations belief that he is just the man to bring the External Affairs office back to being an active and involved part of Atlasia.

-I would also like to announce former Presidential candidate and SoFA King as Attorney General. Having known King for a long time and having seen his eagerness in bringing the Wiki up to date, including project ideas and a complete overhaul of the Wiki that he has proposed to the President and Vice President, I believe that King would be able to handle what is usually the largest job for the Attorney General, updating the Wiki, in a thoughtful and thorough manner. His knowledge of Atlasian law and statue is deep and his activity credentials over the past few months leave nothing to be desired.

I would like to thank all those who asked to be on the cabinet and I look forward to both a speedy confirmation of the nominees by the Senate and to working with these two excellent Atlasians in their future positions.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:26:01 PM »

Thank you for the nomination Mr. President.  I look forward to the confirmation hearing and hope to serve the administration admirably.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:41:53 AM »

Replacement

I am very sorry to hear that SoEA True Democrat was unable to continue in his tenure as Secretary. I wish him the best in whatever troubles have come up in his life and I hope for a good conclusion to them all. I would now like to announce my replacement for the position will be none other than former Senator Ernest. I believe that Mr. Ernest will be able to take hold of this position and return the office to the activity that is needed in the cabinet. I have no doubts in the ability of Ernest nor do I have any doubts about his foreign policy knowledge. Ernest has shown himself time and time again in the many positions he has held to be a constantly active part of government and a great contributor to the betterment of Atlasia. I hope for a civil hearing for Ernest and I now wish him the best in his new position.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 10:48:43 PM »

Supreme Court Vacancy

After hearing of the unfortunate resignation of Associate Justice TCash I knew almost immediately who I would consider to be the best addition to the court. Bullmoose88 has shown himself to have an excellent grasp of the legal issues of Atlasia and contain an inherent jurisprudence that is necessary to a Supreme Court justice. After questioning Bullmooses belief in his abilities and presenting the obligations of the office to him he has both accepted the offer and shown to me that he would be an active and engaged part of the Court. I would therefore like to formally present my nomination of former Attorney General Bullmoose88 as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Atlasia to the Senate and I hope for a speedy and civil nomination process for the nominee.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:49:45 PM »

Solid pick.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 11:10:06 PM »

A great choice. I hope that the Senate moves for a swift though not unduly hasty confirmation.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

Good choice. I believe I was the one who first appointed him to a judicial post Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »

Announcement

I would like to announce that I have decided on a replacement for Attorney General King. I would like to announce that my choice for the position of Attorney General is Hashemite. I believe Hashemite has shown himself to be both a capable and industrious Atlasian with a long series of good service at the regional level. I also believe in Hashemite's abilities to keep up the Wiki and to preform the other duties required of the office. Again I wish him a quick and speedy confirmation in the Senate.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »

Good choice for Attorney-General, Mr. President. Hopefully the Atlasian Senate will be swift to appoint the Lieutenant Governor as our new Attorney-General.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:50:34 PM »

I hereby confirm my candidacy for the post of Attorney General and I sincerely hope to be approved by the Senate as quickly as possible.

Thank you.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 12:22:15 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2007, 12:23:58 PM by President Colin Wixted »

SoEA Vacancy

I would like to announce that the nominee for Secretary of External Affairs is Al. Al has served with distinction in almost every office in Atlasia, from President to Governor, and it is my pleasure to bring him into this administration. I felt that the race for Mideast Senate needed to be decided before I appointed Al to this position. As President I hope for a quick confirmation for a person who, I believe, has the makings of an excellent guide for Atlasian foreign policy.

Victory Speech

A speech concerning the Wixted/Jas election victory, the second term of my presidency, and the agenda for the new term will be presented, in full, tomorrow. At this point I would like to congradulate all those who voted and all those who were candidates in both the general election and the Progressive Primary.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »

Diolch yn fawr Smiley

(more soon, internets to be gone for the day again in about... er... thirty seconds so...)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 02:17:37 PM »

I will definitely vote for an Al nomination as Senator.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »

Announcement

I would like to announce, much to my dispair, that I am firing Secretary of Forum Affairs Gabu from his position due to lack of activity and failure to communicate with myself concerning his status as Secretary. While I have the utmost respect for Gabu I need someone in this position who is willing to put out census figures on time and hold the US-Atlasian Relations referendum within the time limit set by the legislation.

For these reasons I hereby announce that my nomination for Secretary of Forum Affairs is Lewis Trondheim. I know that Lewis will do all that is asked of him in this position and that he will see to it that the census, the referendum, and all future elections are held in a timely and accurate manner. I do hope that the Senate will confirm this nominee immediately and quickly due to time restraints of both the census and the US-Atlasian Relations referendum.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »

Ha ha, strange to see that old 'White House, Nyman' graphic I made after all this time.  Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 08:49:49 PM »

Ha ha, strange to see that old 'White House, Nyman' graphic I made after all this time.  Smiley

It was available and it looked nice. Smiley
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »

Mr President,

Do you plan to nominate a new Chief Justice soon?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 05:46:35 PM »

Mr President,

Do you plan to nominate a new Chief Justice soon?

Indeed... President Wixted, this matter surely wouldn't be a hard one to resolve.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »

Oh yes, I completely forgot about this, with coming home from school and my sister coming in from out of town and all, this completely slipped my mind. A formal announcement will be coming shortly.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 08:43:41 PM »

Announcement

I am hereby announcing that Associate Justice Bullmoose is hereby nominated for elevation to the position of Chief Justice. The Associate Justice has shown himself to be a capable legal mind of serious bearing who would be an excellent person to lead the new court. I have nothing but respect for his work and his knowledge of legal affairs.

For the position of Associate Justice I would like to nominate former Senator, former Secretary, former Justice, and former Governor Ernest to the position. Having served on the court before, and having shown himself time and time again to be an excellent legal mind and one of the most respected people in Atlasia, I can see almost no better person than Ernest to fill this position. I believe that both Bullmoose and Ernest will work excellently together on the court and use their innate knowledge of the laws and regulations of Atlasia to ensure that justice and legal precedent are maintained. I hope that both will have a short and painless confirmation hearing and that these two excellent nominees will be confirmed.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 09:20:01 PM »

Wow, not what I expected, but a super choice nonetheless.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 12:29:43 AM »

Opebo passed over again!  The outrage!  Sad
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 09:52:02 AM »

I must say I thought TexasGurl was a great CJ, but this court has the potential to be one of the best, though I expect a of 2-1 decisions
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 12:57:58 PM »

Opebo passed over again!  The outrage!  Sad

Man, I remember when I was a Senator over a year ago voting Opebo onto the court... He's one of the longest tenured Justices in Atlasian history if I'm not mistaken... He's kinda like John Paul Stevens.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies