Pew: Biden / Trump least-liked candidates since 1988
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 10:00:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Pew: Biden / Trump least-liked candidates since 1988
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew: Biden / Trump least-liked candidates since 1988  (Read 354 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2024, 03:01:38 PM »

"since 1988" .. but I don't think Pew has data pre-1988. If they did, Trump/Biden could conceivably be the least liked candidates since 1900?

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2024/06/14/biden-trump-are-least-liked-pair-of-major-party-presidential-candidates-in-at-least-3-decades/

Cliffs:

- 25% are unfavorable towards both Trump + Biden. This surpasses 2016, where 20% were unfavorable of both Hillary + Trump in 2016

- Trump and Biden's favorables are about the same. 39% are favorable to Trump; 37% are favorable to Biden

- Trump's favorables are about the same as 2016 (37%) and 2020 (42%). But Biden's favorables are down by 9%. He had 46% favorables in 2020 at this point
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 03:13:15 PM »

Biden and Trump being the only real options this election is a national disgrace.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 03:16:09 PM »

Kamala Harris, who's seen as even less electable, actually has higher favorability in this poll. Lol at people who said Biden wasn't the weakest possible candidate, just lol
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 03:18:38 PM »

It seems people want some new and fresh faces in politics.
They also want a new generation to take the power, after the baby-boomers.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2024, 06:04:08 PM »

This is not very newsworthy. It's been obvious this would be reception to this inevitable matchup for four years. That some Americans still haven't just accepted it, and are still in denial about it, is really frustrating.

It seems people want some new and fresh faces in politics.
They also want a new generation to take the power, after the baby-boomers.

That's fair and understandable, but sometimes in life you can't get every choice you want.

There's an ice cream place about 45 minutes from me in Orange County, New York-some of the best ice cream you'll ever have-but certain flavors aren't always available. If they don't have the one I want, I don't just get back in my car and drive home empty-handed, I'll find the next preferable flavor and still really enjoy it.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2024, 06:32:13 PM »

Biden and Trump being the only real options this election is a national disgrace.

I posted a thread about Jamie Dimon and got laughed at.

As long as Independent candidates keep getting treated like “wasted” votes the parties are going to just keep pandering to diehard primary voters (ie., weirdo freaks).
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 06:40:45 PM »

But third party candidates are jokes. Before you can do third party presidential candidates you have to allow for some sort of multi-preference voting.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024, 05:02:00 AM »

It being worse than 2016 is something.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2024, 05:19:22 AM »

Redban love to post negative polls about Biden and we haven't voted yet, most on Atlas are Ds not Rs that despises Trump, that's why I have 60K likes

Let me ask Redban when was the last time Rs won an Eday it was 2016 not 18/20/22, you guys lost 3 straight Edays
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2024, 09:51:05 AM »

Part of the reason is simply because they're running.

The reason Trump isn't liked is because he's a loudmouth blowhard, an idiot, and a traitor who has already attacked the country and attempted a coup against our own government. He's never been well liked, but he was more appreciated before he ran for office.

The reason Biden isn't liked is just because he's old and roughly half the population is against him no matter what. He was well liked by both sides before he ran for president.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2024, 10:39:58 AM »

Part of the reason is simply because they're running.

The reason Trump isn't liked is because he's a loudmouth blowhard, an idiot, and a traitor who has already attacked the country and attempted a coup against our own government. He's never been well liked, but he was more appreciated before he ran for office.

The reason Biden isn't liked is just because he's old and roughly half the population is against him no matter what. He was well liked by both sides before he ran for president.

Yes, especially first phrase is perfectly true. Hillary was also pretty popular around 2013 and 2014. I even remember some speculation in 2012 about her replacing Biden on the ticket.

It's quite possible other candidates if nominated would deal with similar issues right now, even popular governors as their enter the national stage and get under scrutiny of their opponents and the press. I'm also relatively certain if the two most likely "replacement" candidates Kamala Harris and Ron DeSantis were running against each other, that both would also be deeply underwater at this point.

Generally seems we're living in an era in which national politicians being unpopular is the rule rather than the exception. There was a thread in another section from a few weeks ago whether "double haters" would be the new norm, and I think that was a onto something.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2024, 12:02:08 PM »

Kamala Harris, who's seen as even less electable, actually has higher favorability in this poll. Lol at people who said Biden wasn't the weakest possible candidate, just lol

I actually would more enthusiastically vote for Kamala over Biden.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies