Opinion of Emmanuel Macron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:23:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Emmanuel Macron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Opinion of Emmanuel Macron  (Read 891 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2024, 03:27:22 PM »

He’s hot and there are worse European leaders across Europe. At least you know what to expect with him even if he’s mostly mediocre.

ayy lmao

I'm sure there is some Macron - Lula erotic fanfiction written somewhere on the internet. I'll just leave you with that thought.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2024, 04:33:58 PM »

Massive HP. Hard right on almost everything at this point; he's not even really that much of a moderate on immigration any more. The fact that he's a (soon-to-be-failed) catechon against forces that are even further right is not an excuse. Why are so many people in this thread falling for this?

His immigration view is moderate, just a libertarian view of allowing skilled immigration while restricting welfare for immigrants.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2024, 05:25:24 PM »

Massive HP. Hard right on almost everything at this point; he's not even really that much of a moderate on immigration any more. The fact that he's a (soon-to-be-failed) catechon against forces that are even further right is not an excuse. Why are so many people in this thread falling for this?

His immigration view is moderate, just a libertarian view of allowing skilled immigration while restricting welfare for immigrants.

The immigration issue in France is best understood as encompassing the immigrant absorption/assimilation issue, on which Macron has adopted lepéniste positions wholesale.

Macron is mediocre, in most respects. But he's excellent compared to RN and he's way better than most the people he's standing against. I'm glad he won in 2022.
I look forward to supporting a reinvigorated PS in 2027.

He's excellent compared to the people he's been triangulating with for years and is now voluntarily surrendering domestic policy to for no reason?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2024, 05:51:02 PM »

The immigration issue in France is best understood as encompassing the immigrant absorption/assimilation issue, on which Macron has adopted lepéniste positions wholesale.

Macron is mediocre, in most respects. But he's excellent compared to RN and he's way better than most the people he's standing against. I'm glad he won in 2022.
I look forward to supporting a reinvigorated PS in 2027.

He's excellent compared to the people he's been triangulating with for years and is now voluntarily surrendering domestic policy to for no reason?
This snap poll is actually good. It diminishes the risk of an RN presidency by setting the party up for a bit of a DPJ 2012 (i.e. a party unprepared for power gets in and suffers as a result). If RN takes over power wholesale it'll be because of forces and trends that collectively would lie with the entire French political and media class. Either way this poll either gives him more political capital, which is meh but still better than the likeliest alternative, or it gives them a poisoned chalice.
Better a shot in the arm now than a shot in the chest later. Yes, Macron has many flaws, but it's not for nothing that I'd gladly switch from having supported Hamon in the first round in 2017 to having supporting him in the first round in 2022. RN just cannot be trusted. As a religious and effectively ethnic minority in a French context, I'm admittedly biased; the groups opposed to a Le Pen sitting in the French presidential office get my support.
The problem in France lies mostly with a lack of active interest in pushing back on the far right on some of these issues. The Muslim community is too apathetic. Polling shows upwards of 80% of Frenchmen would accept having a Muslim neighbor. What's the main problem then? It's that this 15% or so gets hardly any active opposition from anyone. Blame for that ought to be widely spread. I'm not going to scapegoat Macron for that.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2024, 05:31:41 PM »

Mixed. By all means bro's a reverse Robin Hood, but ngl as an American I'm a single-issue guy when it comes to European leaders and AIUI dude beats the alternatives on Ukraine/EU/NATO by a country mile. Would that still counterweight him skewering the social safety net if I were French? Probably not, but you're asking for my opinion here
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2024, 09:25:46 PM »

Smh still the best since Mitterand for France, and still towards the top for Europe, but HP still. Deserved to lose in 2022. Sadly didn't.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2024, 05:16:40 AM »

FF for his abortion amendment to the French constitution.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2024, 08:25:18 PM »

FF. If you disagree, that's because his thoughts are too complex for you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies