Fred Thompson was a mole for Nixon on the Watergate investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:12:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Fred Thompson was a mole for Nixon on the Watergate investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fred Thompson was a mole for Nixon on the Watergate investigation  (Read 1595 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 05, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No surprise that he is so pro Scooter Libby. He's just trying to save the next extremely corrupt Republican President from trouble. What a horrible person.

Boston Globe article:
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2007/07/04/not_all_would_put_a_heroic_sheen_on_thompsons_watergate_role/

DailyKos diary:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/5/101657/2799?detail=f
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »

wow. I had always respected Thompson for going after nixon. I really dont know much else about him and now the one thing I know isnt true? I am pretty sure by the end of the election we will hate all of these candidates
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »

wow. I had always respected Thompson for going after nixon. I really dont know much else about him and now the one thing I know isnt true? I am pretty sure by the end of the election we will hate all of these candidates

Well, Thompson going after Nixon was out of place with everything else we know about him. If he had really gone after Nixon, he would have met the same fate that Lowell Weicker did in 1988.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »

Bump.

This is serious- I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »

Interesting.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 10:12:50 PM »

Bump.

This is serious- I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.

liberal media
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 04:53:10 PM »

Oh brother. 

Yeah.      NIXON         WATERGATE

Ohh ah.

Then there is the devastating story from the NY Times about his wife wearing "form fitting gowns".

Just DEVASTATING stuff!!!!!!

But, to be fair, the MSM will be digging deep on Hillary and Obama.  Uh, Riiiight.......LOL

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »

Oh brother. 

Yeah.      NIXON         WATERGATE

Ohh ah.

Then there is the devastating story from the NY Times about his wife wearing "form fitting gowns".

Just DEVASTATING stuff!!!!!!

But, to be fair, the MSM will be digging deep on Hillary and Obama.  Uh, Riiiight.......LOL

Both Clinton and Obama have been hit way harder by the media than Thompson has been. If this guy actually gets in the race at some point, it'll be over for him.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »

Obama has been hit by who exactly?   You gotta be kidding.  MSM fawns all over this guy day after day.

Also, if Hillary has been "hit harder than Thompson" then tell me why it's not over for her?  Could it be because there is nothing there to hit her with  (yeah, right) or, could it be they are biased and give her excellent press on a daily basis.  NYT biased?  Naw, couldn't be.

Again. I read  the NYT hit job on Thompson's wife, and I couldn't believe it.  The whole tone of the article was that she was some empty headed,  eye candy female relying on her looks to marry her way up.  Little or nothing about the fact that she might  have a little between the ears after all given that she was a prominent Washington lawyer with her own legal career and RNC post long before she met Thompson.  However, the NYT wonders out loud whether having a much younger, beautiful wife "wearing form fitting gowns" will "hurt Thompson with GOP values oriented  voters".  Nice to see the Times suddenly is so concerned with the preferences of "values voters", the same group they spend all their time sneering at.  The whole article was beyond outrageous and a perfect example of what we have to look forward to with the NYT during the 08 campaign.

Given the fact that Thompson has not even annonced yet, the tag team hit pieces coming out of the LA Times and NYT tell me someone is very concerned about Fred Thompson.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 09:11:09 PM »

Poor Fred. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The media has been falling for him just as hard as they did for Obama... well until they created fake stories about Obama being a muslim and being part of a black cult. Maybe you missed those. This is one of about two or three negative stories I've read about Thompson total from MSM. This is nothing, if he can't take this he shouldn't bother running.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 09:19:46 PM »

Poor Fred. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. The media has been falling for him just as hard as they did for Obama... well until they created fake stories about Obama being a muslim and being part of a black cult. Maybe you missed those. This is one of about two or three negative stories I've read about Thompson total from MSM. This is nothing, if he can't take this he shouldn't bother running.

Being part of a black cult?  I think I did miss that one.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »

Who said he couldn't take it?  Havent't heard a peep out of him.  When did he make any comment on any articles?  Answer - he hasn't.

Stories about Obama being a Muslim?  Part of a black cult?  Oh, so those were in depth stories out of the LA Times, NYT, and Washington Post were they.   Hardly.  Those objective media organs were too busy doing articles on trophy wives, Thompson the "lobbyist", Thompson the "Nixon mole".  Interesting how these articles all came out in the last 5 - 7 days.

I'm sure the NYT will any day be coming out with a hard hitting investigative piece on St Hillary.  Anytime now...........
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 12:25:49 AM »

Who said he couldn't take it?  Havent't heard a peep out of him.  When did he make any comment on any articles?  Answer - he hasn't.

Stories about Obama being a Muslim?  Part of a black cult?  Oh, so those were in depth stories out of the LA Times, NYT, and Washington Post were they.   Hardly.  Those objective media organs were too busy doing articles on trophy wives, Thompson the "lobbyist", Thompson the "Nixon mole".  Interesting how these articles all came out in the last 5 - 7 days.

I'm sure the NYT will any day be coming out with a hard hitting investigative piece on St Hillary.  Anytime now...........

The difference is this story could very well have a bit of truth to it while the Fox News hatchet jobs on Obama had none.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 01:45:41 AM »

Who said he couldn't take it?  Havent't heard a peep out of him.  When did he make any comment on any articles?  Answer - he hasn't.

Stories about Obama being a Muslim?  Part of a black cult?  Oh, so those were in depth stories out of the LA Times, NYT, and Washington Post were they.   Hardly.  Those objective media organs were too busy doing articles on trophy wives, Thompson the "lobbyist", Thompson the "Nixon mole".  Interesting how these articles all came out in the last 5 - 7 days.

I'm sure the NYT will any day be coming out with a hard hitting investigative piece on St Hillary.  Anytime now...........

^^^^^

The difference is this story could very well have a bit of truth to it while the Fox News hatchet jobs on Obama had none.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies