Democrats need to get their s**t together.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:38:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Democrats need to get their s**t together.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democrats need to get their s**t together.  (Read 752 times)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2024, 09:00:22 AM »

According to current polling, Biden is tied at best in the national popular vote. This is despite Trump's Supreme Court Injustices flat-out endorsing January 6, his opponent facing numerous felony charges, Project 2025 (which Biden won't f**king talk about), Trump's promises to abandon Ukraine and carpet-bomb Gaza even more, a forthcoming genocide against trans people if Trump wins, Trump's horrendous "handling" of COVID that led to over a million American fatalities, and so much more.

This election shouldn't even be remotely close. Biden's campaign doesn't even get an F from me - it gets a Z. Any remotely competent Democratic incumbent President would be crushing Trump, and instead Biden's the one getting crushed according to much of the polling. I'm going to vote for Biden, but I fully expect him to lose, and when he does, it's all his fault.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 09:02:57 AM »

SnowLabrador Threaf
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 09:04:17 AM »

If you disagree with me, tell me why you disagree besides my username.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 09:07:22 AM »

I honestly don’t have many complaints with the way Biden has been running his campaign thus far. He’s been raising a lot of money has booked up tons of ad reservations, has been visiting/opening offices in swing states and has a really strong ground game, he’s also hitting on a lot of the right points (contrasting his record with Trump’s).

Also he’s not getting “crushed” in polling. He’s tied both nationally and in the states that actually matter, polls don’t even have to change between now and NOV, one small error and he wins.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 09:09:13 AM »

I honestly don’t have many complaints with the way Biden has been running his campaign thus far. He’s been raising a lot of money has booked up tons of ad reservations, has been visiting/opening offices in swing states and has a really strong ground game, he’s also hitting on a lot of the right points (contrasting his record with Trump’s).

Also he’s not getting “crushed” in polling. He’s tied both nationally and in the states that actually matter, polls don’t even have to change between now and NOV, one small error and he wins.

In lots of NPV polls he's down by 3+ points. That's enough to lose the Electoral College by quite a bit.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2024, 09:11:58 AM »

In lots of NPV polls he's down by 3+ points. That's enough to lose the Electoral College by quite a bit.

Yeah a few outliers, he’s also up by 3 points in some. Averages show him within two points both nationally and in the states that matter (with some averages actually showing him ahead according to some of those metrics)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2024, 09:13:31 AM »

Yeah a few outliers, he’s also up by 3 points in some. Averages show him within two points both nationally and in the states that matter (with some averages actually showing him ahead according to some of those metrics)

Interesting. I will say, thank you for explaining why you disagree with me. Lots of people here just dismiss me due to my reputation here. It's also entirely possible Biden's saving his scorched-Earth strategy for the home stretch, but I'm certainly aging several years this year (several meaning seven).
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2024, 09:20:57 AM »

According to current polling, Biden is tied at best in the national popular vote...

538's poll database, going back to the beginning of March, shows results ranging from Trump+9 to Biden+5.  This is not "tied at best".

I snipped the rest, because when you start from a bad premise, the conclusions aren't worth reading.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 09:23:44 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2024, 09:27:04 AM by Obama24 »

Trump shouldn't be leading or even tied nationally with 91 felony counts and as someone who was found civilly liable for sexual assault.

Biden has only alienated members of the non-white working class and youth over Gaza, by doubling and tripling down his support of Bibi. We don't have to abandon Israel to abandon Bibi.

They've failed to wage an aggressive PR campaign both on TV and on new media such as Tiktok. The game here should be turnout, turnout, turnout. You can have all the offices in the world, it's not going to matter anyway if too few people feel enthusiastic enough to vote for you.

Even something like the fundraiser with Obama and Clinton. Instead of being essentially secret, this should've been on Youtube within 2-3 weeks of it happening and highly publicized. Obama is still a rockstar and a discussion type setting with three former Presidents would give the public at large an ability to see Biden actually discussing his vision and laying out goals. From an optics standpoint, making it for fundraising contributors only strikes me as out of touch with the WC...People who couldn't afford hundreds of bucks per ticket.

And that in my opinion is the deathknell of his campaign. The optics are bad even if the policies are right.

And the campaign is framing things badly in the first place. Biden promised to restore the soul of America but he hasn't. He's campaigning not so much for anything as against Donald Trump, for the abstract of democracy.

Polling has clearly indicated Americans see the economy as being poor. When people can't afford groceries or are barely scraping by on rent and cost of living, the ideals of 'democracy' become abstract; I've said this before.

People don't care about high minded morals in this apathetic country of ours; they care about results, they care about things that effect THEM.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 09:38:58 AM »

I don't really disagree with you, though I'm not nearly as scathing. Like, I don't think anyone else would be defeating Trump handily right now, even if they should be, all things considered.

The reason your reputation precedes you is because you never learn even after you're wrong. I distinctly remember you predicting a red wave in 2018. It wasn't... a great year Senate-wise, but the map was stacked against us anyway. Then you predicted a red wave in 2020. The expectations were a little under the red avatar wet dreams, but Biden still ultimately won. Then you predicted a red wave in 2022, pledging to leave the forum if Fetterman (or Shapiro!) won. Both won, and you didn't even follow your pledge for a little while (except you did get tempbanned, so technically...).

I'm more sympathetic to you than most on this forum, but ultimately, your belief system is just terminally pessimistic. I totally get it, I'm fairly similar after getting burned in '20 (including seeing NC go red again) and seeing the cis rights movement pick up steam, but ultimately, you've become the boy who cried red wave.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 09:47:27 AM »

Biden campaign: Visiting swing states, opening tons of field offices, spending on advertising, spending on future advertising, micro-targeting specific groups of voters

Trump campaign: Barely visiting swing states, visiting states he won't win, opening zero field offices, spending nothing on advertising, spending nothing on future advertising, not micro-targeting voters, continues to make insane comments

Yes, the Democrats are the ones who need to get their sh*t together, alright. Polling has truly broken people's brains.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 09:50:44 AM »

Biden campaign: Visiting swing states, opening tons of field offices, spending on advertising, spending on future advertising, micro-targeting specific groups of voters

Trump campaign: Barely visiting swing states, visiting states he won't win, opening zero field offices, spending nothing on advertising, spending nothing on future advertising, not micro-targeting voters, continues to make insane comments

Yes, the Democrats are the ones who need to get their sh*t together, alright. Polling has truly broken people's brains.

When has he done the two bolded?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 09:54:08 AM »

When has he done the two bolded?

Biden has visited numerous swing states since his SOTU, whereas Trump has visited, what, a few if that? https://apnews.com/article/trump-biden-2024-strategy-a542c061048ed8556a4955e83b480ec9

Biden campaign has been micro-targeting numerous groups of voters, such as Haley voters, nonwhite voters, young voters. There's been different digital ads running for all different groups, online and on Snapchat, etc.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 09:55:09 AM »

According to current polling, Biden is tied at best in the national popular vote. This is despite Trump's Supreme Court Injustices flat-out endorsing January 6, his opponent facing numerous felony charges, Project 2025 (which Biden won't f**king talk about), Trump's promises to abandon Ukraine and carpet-bomb Gaza even more, a forthcoming genocide against trans people if Trump wins, Trump's horrendous "handling" of COVID that led to over a million American fatalities, and so much more.

This election shouldn't even be remotely close. Biden's campaign doesn't even get an F from me - it gets a Z. Any remotely competent Democratic incumbent President would be crushing Trump, and instead Biden's the one getting crushed according to much of the polling. I'm going to vote for Biden, but I fully expect him to lose, and when he does, it's all his fault.
Unlike in 2020 the Biden Campaign has no Strategy this year. In 2020 it was all about WI, MI, PA and it worked.
This year they can't get to 270 with only those 3 States. They need NE-2 or NV.
Given that Biden is apparently more unpopular in the Sunbelt compared to the Rustbelt from the Data we have I cast doubt they will win NC and GA & AZ (where they only won by 10K). And they need to do away with these "Wishcasting States" like FL and TX. Not happening.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 10:26:57 AM »

Why do people reply to SL threafs
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024, 10:37:07 AM »

I don't really disagree with you, though I'm not nearly as scathing. Like, I don't think anyone else would be defeating Trump handily right now, even if they should be, all things considered.

The reason your reputation precedes you is because you never learn even after you're wrong. I distinctly remember you predicting a red wave in 2018. It wasn't... a great year Senate-wise, but the map was stacked against us anyway. Then you predicted a red wave in 2020. The expectations were a little under the red avatar wet dreams, but Biden still ultimately won. Then you predicted a red wave in 2022, pledging to leave the forum if Fetterman (or Shapiro!) won. Both won, and you didn't even follow your pledge for a little while (except you did get tempbanned, so technically...).

I'm more sympathetic to you than most on this forum, but ultimately, your belief system is just terminally pessimistic. I totally get it, I'm fairly similar after getting burned in '20 (including seeing NC go red again) and seeing the cis rights movement pick up steam, but ultimately, you've become the boy who cried red wave.

This is perfection.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 10:44:24 AM »

Democrats are doing fine. Biden isn't, and that's still a disconnect I can't wrap my head around.

Even saying that, I agree that the Biden campaign is doing the best they can with the headwinds they're experiencing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2024, 11:01:49 AM »

Democrats are doing fine. Biden isn't, and that's still a disconnect I can't wrap my head around.

Even saying that, I agree that the Biden campaign is doing the best they can with the headwinds they're experiencing.

Trump leads are all inside MOE as I said before Trump is benefits from being the OUTPARTY in an inflation era

Do you know the average amount of seats an OUTPARTY gets in the H and S average of 20 and 3 the Rs are underperforming
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2024, 12:44:09 PM »

No, you got it backwards.

It’s amazing Trump isn’t crushing Biden with approval at 39%.

Dems are lucky that it’s still somewhat close.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2024, 02:29:40 PM »

I really don't think it would be different with a different candidate. This country is severely polarized.

Also, maybe for the sake of your own sanity you should stop looking at polls for a little bit. Polling has been off in many, many elections in the past few cycles. I don't pay any attention to them at all. Honestly, vibes are almost a more reliable metric to me.
DS0816
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2024, 08:12:02 PM »

Re: Democrats need to get their s**t together.

Actually, the Democrats need to lose.

(Their problem isn’t a failure to “get their s**t together”. Their problem is that they assume their “s**t” doesn’t stink. It does. And they do.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2024, 10:02:07 PM »

(Their problem isn’t a failure to “get their s**t together”. Their problem is that they assume their “s**t” doesn’t stink. It does. And they do.)

Yeah we all should listen to you whom Pred  Whitmer to lose, lol
DS0816
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2024, 12:30:06 PM »

Yeah we all should listen to you whom Pred  Whitmer to lose, lol

I am a person, who is also a forum member, who responded to this topic.

Your comment has nothing to do with this topic.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2024, 12:45:25 PM »

Trump won with such a deficit and he wasn't incumbent.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2024, 08:25:57 PM »

This is not even a threaf, it's a threaz.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies