Long Island - Siena - Trump +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:24:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Long Island - Siena - Trump +3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Long Island - Siena - Trump +3  (Read 950 times)
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2024, 01:59:23 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 02:01:24 PM »

Are they defining Long Island literally (i.e. including Queens and Brooklyn) or colloquially (just Nassau and Suffolk)?

If the former, that's ridiculous. If the latter, that's actually pretty decent for Biden.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 02:04:55 PM »

Are they defining Long Island literally (i.e. including Queens and Brooklyn) or colloquially (just Nassau and Suffolk)?

If the former, that's ridiculous. If the latter, that's actually pretty decent for Biden.
Decent for Biden ? It's a 7 point swing compared to 2020.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 02:08:59 PM »

Trash polls Gillibrand is gonna easily win reelection
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 02:09:27 PM »

We’re at the point where a 7-point swing to TRUMP in New York feels underwhelming.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 02:11:55 PM »

Astronaut #1:"The PV is about Trump +1"

Astronaut #2: "Always has been"
iceman
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 02:13:46 PM »

all of these crosstabs gang would spin every poll, no matter how horrible they are as good for Biden.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 02:17:51 PM »

We’re at the point where a 7-point swing to TRUMP in New York feels underwhelming.

Well this would be ground zero for a good performance for Trump in NY. Long Island is more than just the North Shore and the East Hamptons.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 02:45:32 PM »

Well this would be ground zero for a good performance for Trump in NY. Long Island is more than just the North Shore and the East Hamptons.

Pretty much this, if Long Island is swinging Trump by 7, New York as a whole is probably only swinging like +3 or 4 to Trump rather than the +15 or so people are out claiming because this is the area that's going GOP hardest.

Look at 2022, Long Island is clearly the area the GOP is improving in most in basically the entire country. That's what I mean when I say Long Island Trump by 3 fine. Biden's still winning Nassau on those numbers. NY-04 can still easily flip D.
EastwoodS

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 02:46:54 PM »

Pretty much this, if Long Island is swinging Trump by 7, New York as a whole is probably only swinging like +3 or 4 to Trump rather than the +15 or so people are out claiming because this is the area that's going GOP hardest.

Look at 2022, Long Island is clearly the area the GOP is improving in most in basically the entire country. That's what I mean when I say Long Island Trump by 3 fine. Biden's still winning Nassau on those numbers. NY-04 can still easily flip D.
Trump is likely to get huge gains in NYC
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 02:49:58 PM »

They told us trump rally in the bronx would do nothing
This is just a another W in the 2024 trump campaign, huge gains huge.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 02:52:35 PM »

It's moronic to say there is a "swing" by compared real results to polling. The actual election results aren't likely to look like 43-40. Polling is polling, real results are real results.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2024, 02:58:07 PM »

I'd like to have some COVID Accountability in the next Administration but with Biden or Trump we're probably never going to get that. Dr. Fauci should be in prison. Trump & Biden committed massive atrocities on COVID and it's all going to be swept under the carpet.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2024, 03:04:34 PM »

They poll silly Long Island where Gillibrand is gonna easily win and not give us a NH Gov poll that is obnoxious
dspNY
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2024, 03:11:15 PM »

Since Long Island has swung harder right than the rest of NY state, I can make a couple of inferences.

1. NY is not a 9 point race, more like 15. Still a significant shift right but nowhere near competitive.
2. Trump won LI by half a point while losing the NPV by 2 in 2016. COVID hurt Trump a lot here in 2020. LI is generally 3-4 points right of the country as a whole so the NPV is probably tied or 1 point in either direction.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 04:09:43 PM »

I'd like to have some COVID Accountability in the next Administration but with Biden or Trump we're probably never going to get that. Dr. Fauci should be in prison. Trump & Biden committed massive atrocities on COVID and it's all going to be swept under the carpet.

Fauci For Prison / Biden 2024 voter (illegal immigrant)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 04:12:22 PM »

As we know, every presidential election is exactly like the midterm before it (ignore the most recent presidential election).
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 04:14:48 PM »

The only thing that matters of Long Island in this elections is NY-04 and MAYBE NY-03.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2024, 04:15:55 PM »

As we know, every presidential election is exactly like the midterm before it (ignore the most recent presidential election).

Then, why Illinois wasn't competitive in 2012?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2024, 04:17:38 PM »

Then, why Illinois wasn't competitive in 2012?

Mikado always been silent on that one.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2024, 05:58:13 PM »

Since Long Island has swung harder right than the rest of NY state, I can make a couple of inferences.

1. NY is not a 9 point race, more like 15. Still a significant shift right but nowhere near competitive.
2. Trump won LI by half a point while losing the NPV by 2 in 2016. COVID hurt Trump a lot here in 2020. LI is generally 3-4 points right of the country as a whole so the NPV is probably tied or 1 point in either direction.

Schumer lost Long Island by 7 and a half points while winning statewide by 14 and a half points in 2012.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2024, 09:08:14 AM »

How did Hochul do in Long Island in 2022? Again, how are we defining Long Island here?

also-not saying it will be repeated - but Siena's NY03 poll underestimated Suozzi by 4 earlier this year.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2024, 03:31:37 PM »

It appears to be just Nassau and Suffolk. Bottom of the crosstabs the breakdown of their sample is Nassau 48%, Suffolk 52%.

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/LI0524-Crosstabs.pdf
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2024, 07:09:12 PM »

It appears to be just Nassau and Suffolk. Bottom of the crosstabs the breakdown of their sample is Nassau 48%, Suffolk 52%.

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/LI0524-Crosstabs.pdf

So basically:

2024 Trump +3 > Huh
2022- Zeldin +14 > Hochul +7 statewide (21% shift)
2020- Biden +4.5 > Biden +23 statewide (18.5% shift)
2016- Trump +1 > Clinton +22.5 statewide (21.5% shift)

If we take this at face value, would ~likely~ mean around a Biden +16-19 margin statewide.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2024, 08:06:38 PM »

Biden will win NY by the same margin as IL 57/43
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »