Nevada/Arizona: FAU: Trump +8, Biden +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:02:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nevada/Arizona: FAU: Trump +8, Biden +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nevada/Arizona: FAU: Trump +8, Biden +2  (Read 1006 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2024, 11:55:32 AM »

I def believe it. Arizona is a state that should favor Dems compared to NV. Higher college attainment, suburbs that are blueing faster, two very large cities that are bigger than both Vegas and Reno. Plus, Tuscon is very blue and Phoenix is getting bluer while Vegas seems to be getting redder.

If education polarization and racial depolarization continues, Nevada is a West Virginia 2000 waiting to happen.  The Dem political machine in Clark can only hold on so long.

The counter argument is that unions are becoming more powerful again, and they have a big presence in Vegas
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2024, 11:58:08 AM »

The polls are doing the same thing in the Winter they are under samples of minorities in favor of Trump, just like the winter
 It's not rocket science just because these are polls

Polls lie
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2024, 12:11:48 PM »

I def believe it. Arizona is a state that should favor Dems compared to NV. Higher college attainment, suburbs that are blueing faster, two very large cities that are bigger than both Vegas and Reno. Plus, Tuscon is very blue and Phoenix is getting bluer while Vegas seems to be getting redder.

If education polarization and racial depolarization continues, Nevada is a West Virginia 2000 waiting to happen.  The Dem political machine in Clark can only hold on so long.

The counter argument is that unions are becoming more powerful again, and they have a big presence in Vegas

Aggregate data on union membership doesn't really suggest a significant increase, though.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2024, 02:00:43 PM »

Sorry, should've clarified that I didn't mean that 100% of down-ballot Democrats polled worse than Biden in 2020.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2024, 02:05:06 PM »

One of the big red flags for Trump is the same one that Biden supporters (myself included) ignored back in 2020, and it's that downballot candidates are performing dramatically worse than him. Yes, Biden did do better than most Democrats in 2020 but not by much. It'll be the same with Trump. If Rosen is winning by 10 then Trump is not winning by 8. Again, doesn't mean Trump won't win Nevada, but it does indicate a big problem with these polls.

Could always go the other way. Downballot R candidates - especially because most are low name recognition challengers to incumbents - could end up doing a lot better come election day.

Though personally, I am expecting Trump to do better than most downballot R's, by about 2-3%. Bigger overperformance for dems in the Senate.

It's possible but that absolutely would contradict almost all election results in 2022 and 2023. It's pretty clear based on those elections that non-Biden Democrats are doing better than Democrats have in over 30 years with the obvious exception of 2006-08 of course.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2024, 02:28:14 PM »

The polls are just being overly Trump friendly in both states because they want Trump to be at 268 and Eday to come down to NE 2 and ME 2 and we have seen no polls in ME 2
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2024, 03:17:53 PM »

It's weird that they publish results "broken out by ....(race, gender, etc.)" but then don't actually show any numbers (all of the numbers in the demographic cross tabs are blank).
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2024, 03:41:22 PM »

NV to the right of AZ. I'm calling it! If I'm wrong, I'm saving this and you all can mock me

I’ll quote you on that because I agree with you at this point. My map at this point would have Biden winning AZ and Trump losing NV.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2024, 03:46:50 PM »

One of the big red flags for Trump is the same one that Biden supporters (myself included) ignored back in 2020, and it's that downballot candidates are performing dramatically worse than him. Yes, Biden did do better than most Democrats in 2020 but not by much. It'll be the same with Trump. If Rosen is winning by 10 then Trump is not winning by 8. Again, doesn't mean Trump won't win Nevada, but it does indicate a big problem with these polls.

Could always go the other way. Downballot R candidates - especially because most are low name recognition challengers to incumbents - could end up doing a lot better come election day.

Though personally, I am expecting Trump to do better than most downballot R's, by about 2-3%. Bigger overperformance for dems in the Senate.

It's possible but that absolutely would contradict almost all election results in 2022 and 2023. It's pretty clear based on those elections that non-Biden Democrats are doing better than Democrats have in over 30 years with the obvious exception of 2006-08 of course.

I mean in the sense that Rosen + 10 turns into Rosen + 3 on eday, and say Trump wins NV by 2%. That'd still represent an overpeformance in downballot dems, but not as big of a gap as polls are suggesting.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2024, 04:05:34 PM »

Trump should unendorse Lake.
She is poison.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2024, 04:15:16 PM »

There’s a better than 50-50 chance Lake dooms Trump to defeat despite some of the polls currently showing Trump ahead. Lake is that toxic; to the point where Democrats could run ads morphing Trump’s face into Lake
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2024, 04:59:28 PM »

I mean in the sense that Rosen + 10 turns into Rosen + 3 on eday, and say Trump wins NV by 2%. That'd still represent an overpeformance in downballot dems, but not as big of a gap as polls are suggesting.

Sure, but that's a reasonable result that would also necessitate a Trump under-performance.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2024, 05:05:22 PM »

This is a Trump win.
He doesn't need Arizona, or Nevada, or Michigan, or Wisconsin.
And he is leading in both Pennsylvania and Georgia.
I think Trump should only campaign in Pennsylvania and Georgia and forget about all other states.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2024, 05:05:00 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2024, 05:15:42 AM by LAKISYLVANIA »

Rosen is not winning by 10 either.

I've said it before, in most swing states the match-up or senate campaigns hasn't even started. Few people - esp uninformed ones - know who will be on the ballot in Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania for the Republicans.

Gallego performs 3 points better than Biden (48% compared to 45%) and Rosen 4 points (47 vs 43). that's already a lot more normal than...

Rosen +10, Trump +8 which indicates a 18% gap.

The gap will narrow (and likely towards the middle for both since i don't believe Rosen will win by 10 or Trump winning by 8 )

Trump however already at 51 for the H2H race so either way he wins in this poll.

And do not forget Brown hasn't even won his primary yet... The primary election still has to take place. Republicans (and independents) don't even know who their nominee is going to be in NV. Name recognition explains the wide gap here too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2024, 05:38:56 AM »

The polls had a tie last week in both states and the polls want us somehow to believe NV is going 9 pts like TX that's wrong. Even Bush W never won NV by 9 it was by 4
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies