Nikki Haley says she will vote for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:24:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nikki Haley says she will vote for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Nikki Haley says she will vote for Trump  (Read 1559 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2024, 05:07:57 PM »

Biden is just that awful, he has ruined the economy, weakened the border, and the world is in chaos. No conservative can support that, and people like Nikki Haley feel like they have to back Trump to end his reign.

Biden’s immigration policies are nothing short of insanity . Problem is democratic staffers are to full of people who think using the word invasion to describe nearly 400k  illegals coming in every month is racist and is worse than actually taking executive action to stop it .

Now they want to bring in more refugees from Palestine which is just crazy
Correct! Bidens INSANE DHS Program dumped half a Million Undocumented Immigrants in various Florida Cities. Hopefully in the Border States like TX, AZ and Florida Biden will get at least some REBUKE for that in November.

About Crime: The Multnomah County District Attorney (Portland, Oregon) who refuses to prosecute Rioters & Antifa in the Summer of 2020, who was no less backed by George Soros was resoundly defeated last Night by 15 Points.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2024, 05:20:05 PM »

I think Biden had a chance winning over more Haleys Supporters but once he started Flip-Flopping on the Israel Thing that chance was gone. Nikki is pretty passionate about Israel.

Biden & his Campaign Team are still think they are dealing amateurish Campaign Managers like Bill Parscale or Bill Stepien (both 2020 Trump Campaign Managers) instead of Chris LaCivita. Karl Rove speaks of LaCivita very highly so Chris isn't an Amateur like the other two were.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2024, 05:27:51 PM »

I don't think Haley is "falling in line" with this statement.  She is just making the first public move to allow Trump to save face if/when he chooses her as the VP.  It would be pretty embarassing to choose a VP that was not even voting for you.  Haley's personal vote means zilch to Trump, it's the GOP moderate votes that she could plausibly bring that he wants.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2024, 05:32:44 PM »

I don't think Haley is "falling in line" with this statement.  She is just making the first public move to allow Trump to save face if/when he chooses her as the VP.  It would be pretty embarassing to choose a VP that was not even voting for you.  Haley's personal vote means zilch to Trump, it's the GOP moderate votes that she could plausibly bring that he wants.
Annecdotal Information I am hearing a lot these Days that a lot of formerly NeverTrumpers switching back to him because of what Biden has done to the Country.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2024, 05:49:10 PM »

I can’t respect someone who supports party over country.

Separately, vote blue no matter who.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2024, 06:05:07 PM »

I can’t respect someone who supports party over country.

Separately, vote blue no matter who.

Not "no matter who." If Trump were the Democrat, it would be "vote red no matter who."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2024, 06:18:56 PM »

I guess we'll have to see how Haley supporters take this.

On the one hand, they aren't cultish like Trump's voters are.

On the other, they are probably the types who look for any excuse to not vote for Biden/vote for Trump.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2024, 06:21:41 PM »

On the other, they are probably the types who look for any excuse to not vote for Biden/vote for Trump.
Lots of the ones I follow on twitter aren’t happy and the ones that are where voting for Trump long before this.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2024, 06:28:51 PM »

Haley Voters are still mostly Republicans AND whether you or me like that or not these Voters still would want to have some check on the Biden Agenda in case he gets re-elected. I could see that these Voters leave the Presidential Ballot Blank while voting for the Republican Senate Candidate where they have the chance to do so.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2024, 06:31:41 PM »

Nikki is a Christian.  No real Christian is going to vote for Biden this November.

The hyperventilating over this very obvious development says a lot about the state of the race.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2024, 06:34:57 PM »

Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2024, 06:36:37 PM »

They’re destroying the country and expect a thank you.  Nailin is based.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2024, 06:42:07 PM »

Glad to have cast my primary vote for Biden. F#ck neocons!
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2024, 06:48:38 PM »

Of the two major candidates, Trump is clearly more ideologically aligned with Haley than Biden is, so it's not surprising on that front.

However, I would like to mention that there is a distinction between declaring an intention to voting for someone and endorsing that person. Back in 2008, Rep. Dan Boren (D-OK) announced that he would not endorse Obama, even though he would be casting his general election ballot for him. Thus, I would interpret announcements like these as follows: "I'll be voting for the guy in the general election, but I won't actively encourage others to follow my lead."
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2024, 07:10:20 PM »

Of the two major candidates, Trump is clearly more ideologically aligned with Haley than Biden is, so it's not surprising on that front.

Agreed because she sucks, but a conservative person who sincerely believes in democracy and our American system is ideologically closer to Biden than to Trump. The policy differences between the parties pale in comparison to the fundamental system changes Trump is pushing.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2024, 07:20:10 PM »

Agreed because she sucks, but a conservative person who sincerely believes in democracy and our American system is ideologically closer to Biden than to Trump. The policy differences between the parties pale in comparison to the fundamental system changes Trump is pushing.
What about the immigration crisis, economy, and the LGBTQ issue? What has Biden done on those fronts to appeal to conservatives? Absolutely nothing, he had no desire to be a moderate on anything and refused to have good faith discussions with Republicans. Instead he supported the left through and through and never tried to be a centrist like he promised.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2024, 07:27:28 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2024, 07:35:44 PM by 7,052,770 »

What about the immigration crisis, economy, and the LGBTQ issue? What has Biden done on those fronts to appeal to conservatives? Absolutely nothing, he had no desire to be a moderate on anything and refused to have good faith discussions with Republicans. Instead he supported the left through and through and never tried to be a centrist like he promised.

None of those matter as much as actually having a democracy where we can pick our leaders going forward. If those truly are problems that Democrats are failing on, then the American people can elect a different party or different candidates to replace them. However, if Trump wins and accomplishes what he is literally promising he'll do (and what he almost did last time after losing), then those days are gone, probably forever.

Any person of any ideology who likes our system and wants to keep it is more aligned with Biden than they are with Trump. Like I said, if Trump had somehow run as a Democrat in 2016 and won, and then spent his presidency behaving the same way, and then lost in 2020 to Rubio or Cruz or whoever, did the election denial and 1/6 and everything, and then had somehow got the D nomination again ... as much as I disagreed with President Rubio (or whoever) on some issues, I would 100% be supporting him to preserve democracy.

If preventing LGBT people from having equality is more important to you than having a functioning democracy, then sure, you're ideologically closer to Trump than Biden. But a lot of conservatives aren't willing to go that far, and it is a top priority for Biden to point out to that crowd that he is the one ideologically closer to them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2024, 08:46:07 PM »

The neocons have turned on Biden . It’s just not Haley but donors too .

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-silicon-valley-donor-cites-083314333.html

When Jacob Helberg decided in 2020 to start making major political contributions for the first time, it was a no-brainer for him to choose Democrats. A tech expert who was beginning to make a name for himself in Silicon Valley, Helberg donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to President Joe Biden’s 2020 general election campaign and that of scores of other Democratic candidates.

Four years later, he’s still shaping up to be a big donor in this year’s presidential race, but this time to former President Donald Trump’s campaign. It’s a change that Helberg said has less to do with a shift in his own thinking than a shift in the Democratic Party that he does not support.

Biden gave $26 billion to Netanyahu to use on Gazans and threw the ICC under the bus but it's not enough for the neocon purity trolls.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2024, 08:55:13 PM »

Of course she was gonna do it anyways she was his UN Ambassador.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2024, 10:16:55 PM »

There is no "LGBTQ issue". Y'all love to just dance around the verbage instead of just saying "I don't like these people and want someone to affirm my bigotry". It doesn't matter how many debunked stories about drag queens, groomer teachers, and transgender teens you find off tik tok and facebook, it'll never turn this into a "serious issue" that voters care about.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2024, 12:24:35 AM »

I hereby retract any endorsement of Nikki Haley and regret having voted for her. She will not have my endorsement in 2028 or any other presidential cycle.

Whatever one may disagree with Biden on, the reality is that preserving democracy must be paramount over any other issue or group of issues. Trump would declare himself King and turn the country into a dictatorship. That Trumps everything and demands a vote for Biden, regardless of what one's disagreements with Biden may be. A candidate who does not realize that even after running an active campaign is simply unfit for the highest office in the land.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2024, 01:29:57 AM »

I'm surprised. NOT. She was never an anti-Trump GOPer and isn't a moderate at all. Even she rejected the label, just the MSM predtended like she was. Most GOPers will fall in line, as they always do. That's also why I believe conviction won't hurt Trump much.

When Jacob Helberg decided in 2020 to start making major political contributions for the first time, it was a no-brainer for him to choose Democrats. A tech expert who was beginning to make a name for himself in Silicon Valley, Helberg donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to President Joe Biden’s 2020 general election campaign and that of scores of other Democratic candidates.

Four years later, he’s still shaping up to be a big donor in this year’s presidential race, but this time to former President Donald Trump’s campaign. It’s a change that Helberg said has less to do with a shift in his own thinking than a shift in the Democratic Party that he does not support.

Neoconservatism is dead in both parties and has been for over decade.
David Hume
davidhume
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: 1.22

P P
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2024, 01:30:36 AM »

Haley is nowhere near a principled conservative. This should be clear long before.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2024, 04:16:12 AM »

I hereby retract any endorsement of Nikki Haley and regret having voted for her. She will not have my endorsement in 2028 or any other presidential cycle.

Whatever one may disagree with Biden on, the reality is that preserving democracy must be paramount over any other issue or group of issues. Trump would declare himself King and turn the country into a dictatorship. That Trumps everything and demands a vote for Biden, regardless of what one's disagreements with Biden may be. A candidate who does not realize that even after running an active campaign is simply unfit for the highest office in the land.

I hope more Haley voters are like you, and other posters here.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2024, 05:15:11 AM »

If there are people whose reason for not voting Biden is that he refuses to turn a blind eye to an ally committing war crimes, then these people are indeed better off casting their lot with a sociopath like Trump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies