Trump movie, intended by donor to help his chances, portrays him as a rapist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:54:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump movie, intended by donor to help his chances, portrays him as a rapist
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump movie, intended by donor to help his chances, portrays him as a rapist  (Read 440 times)
PeteB
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2024, 06:32:42 PM »
« edited: May 20, 2024, 11:32:15 PM by PeteB »

I am putting this topic here, as the movie was apparently bankrolled by Trump donor Dan Snyder, in order to help Trump in the election.  Instead, it shows him in a buffoonish light and includes a scene which uses Ivana's original claim (since retracted) that he raped her.

The Apprentice will be shown at the Cannes film festival - no idea when it will be released in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/20/donald-trump-biopic-the-apprentice-ali-abbasi-cannes
GAinDC

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 06:36:07 PM »

he is a rapist so at least that part is accurate
KakyoinMemeHouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 06:53:03 PM »

Trump really can't stop trying to lose, its baffling.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 07:07:23 PM »

Is this a joke?...Probably not, it never is...
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 07:31:45 PM »

Nope, not a joke.  Trump's lawyer and Trump in the movie:

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 07:32:45 PM »

I am putting this topic here, as the movie was apparently bankrolled by Trump donor Dan Snyder, in order to help Trump in the election.  Instead, it shows him in a buffoonish light and includes a scene which uses Ivana's original claim (since retracted) that he raped her.

Makes sense. After all, he is trying to appeal to Republicans.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2024, 07:36:12 PM »

Nope, not a joke.  Trump's lawyer and Trump in the movie:

By the way, to make matters worse. Dan Snyder sounds awfully close to Dan Schneider. He also shares a last name wirh Zack Snyder. This has disaster written all over it.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2024, 08:56:27 PM »

Brilliant move. Lotta rapists in this country.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2024, 08:58:29 PM »

I am putting this topic here, as the movie was apparently bankrolled by Trump donor Dan Snyder, in order to help Trump in the election.  Instead, it shows him in a buffoonish light and includes a scene which uses Ivana's original claim (since retracted) that he raped her.

The Apprentice will be shown at the Cannes film festival - no idea when it will be released in the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/20/donald-trump-biopic-the-apprentice-ali-abbasi-cannes

Misleading title

The film never had the intention to help his chances.

Maybe that donor is that dumb to actually believe this would be a good portrayal, but that was never the intention of the film.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2024, 09:15:20 PM »

Misleading title

Maybe that donor is that dumb to actually believe this would be a good portrayal, but that was never the intention of the film.

Ahem...quote from the linked article: "Variety magazine reports that Snyder had invested in The Apprentice believing that it would paint a positive portrait of Trump and was rumoured to have been outraged after viewing a rough cut of the film."

Misleading title?  No.
Dumb donor? Perhaps.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2024, 09:17:45 PM »

I am putting this topic here, as the movie was apparently bankrolled by Trump donor Dan Snyder, in order to help Trump in the election.  Instead, it shows him in a buffoonish light and includes a scene which uses Ivana's original claim (since retracted) that he raped her.

Misleading title

Ahem...quote from the linked article: "Variety magazine reports that Snyder had invested in The Apprentice believing that it would paint a positive portrait of Trump and was rumoured to have been outraged after viewing a rough cut of the film."

Misleading title?  No.
Dumb donor? Perhaps.

That's not what i'm saying.

The film makers (director, producers, creative team) were never creating this film with the intention of helping Trumps chances.

Maybe the donor thought they would, but that was never what the producers and film creators were going to do.

So yes, misleading title. (actually completely untrue)

Do you think they would ever screen a pro-Trump film in Cannes... don't be that naive.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2024, 11:09:37 PM »

This story is getting more interesting by the minute:

The Apprentice: Trump campaign threatens legal action over biopic that depicts him as a rapist

Speaking to Variety on Monday after the world premiere of Ali Abbasi’s film, the Trump campaign’s chief spokesperson Steven Cheung confirmed they would take legal action.

“This garbage is pure fiction which sensationalises lies that have been long debunked,” he said.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2024, 11:13:42 PM »

The Apprentice: Trump campaign threatens legal action over biopic that depicts him as a rapist

Speaking to Variety on Monday after the world premiere of Ali Abbasi’s film, the Trump campaign’s chief spokesperson Steven Cheung confirmed they would take legal action.

“This garbage is pure fiction which sensationalises lies that have been long debunked,” he said.

correct your title. You are spreading fake news.

You are smearing the filmmakers.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2024, 11:34:45 PM »

correct your title. You are spreading fake news.

You are smearing the filmmakers.

You are seriously overdramatizing this.  However to make it clear, I added the words "by the donor".
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2024, 06:35:28 AM »

Didn't Ivana actually testify that he did it in their divorce proceedings?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2024, 08:32:39 AM »

Didn't Ivana actually testify that he did it in their divorce proceedings?

Yes, that is where the movie gets its info from.  However, after the settlement with her husband, Ivana walked back her comment by saying: “On one occasion during 1989, Mr Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently towards me than he had during our marriage. As a woman I felt violated … I referred to this as a rape, but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.”
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 05:12:02 PM »

A few updates on what promises to be a very juicy story.

The movie opened in Cannes and shocked the audience:
"audience members reportedly gasped over scenes including Trump getting liposuction, having scalp-reduction surgery and – most controversially – a scene in which he pushes his first wife, Ivana, to the ground and rapes her."

Trump's lawyers are now trying to prevent the movie opening in the US;
"Lawyers for Donald Trump have sent a cease-and-desist letter to the producers of The Apprentice in an attempt to block its US sale and release"

One of the financial backers is doing the same:
"Dan Snyder, the former owner of the NFL’s Washington Commanders as well as a billionaire backer of the film and a Trump supporter, is also said to be preparing his own cease-and-desist letter to block a US distribution deal. Snyder, who invested in The Apprentice believing that it would paint a positive portrait of Trump, was reportedly “furious” after viewing a rough cut of the film"

Full story:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/24/trump-apprentice-film-cease-and-desist
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2024, 06:35:41 PM »

I believe we are about to witness a demonstration of the Streisand Effect.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2024, 07:16:47 PM »

I believe we are about to witness a demonstration of the Streisand Effect.

That's what I thought too when I started reading this thread.
Trump just can't help it, he was born with the thinnest skin possible.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies