How safe is Nebraska 2?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:50:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How safe is Nebraska 2?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How safe is Nebraska 2?  (Read 298 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2024, 06:47:09 PM »

If Trump only flips GA, AZ, and NV, he gets to 268.
So, what about NE 2? Could he win that also?
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2024, 06:51:06 PM »

If Trump only flips GA, AZ, and NV, he gets to 268. So, what about NE 2? Could he win that also?

I think it's far more realistic for him to go after one of the big Midwestern battlegrounds. The newly redrawn NE-02 was already 3 to 5 points more Democratic than each of those states in 2020, and is almost certainly trending D much faster than all of them.

In fact, I'd put more effort into NM, ME-AL, and maybe even MN if I were Team Trump.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 07:47:09 PM »

If Trump only flips GA, AZ, and NV, he gets to 268. So, what about NE 2? Could he win that also?

I think it's far more realistic for him to go after one of the big Midwestern battlegrounds. The newly redrawn NE-02 was already 3 to 5 points more Democratic than each of those states in 2020, and is almost certainly trending D much faster than all of them.

In fact, I'd put more effort into NM, ME-AL, and maybe even MN if I were Team Trump.

It's also only one electoral vote

And only leads to a tie in the scenario he wins it but loses the midwestern states. It's possible he wins it but I suspect he wins the 3 midwestern battlegrounds before taking back NE-2.

To the question whether it is safe... obviously no. But if the Biden team and supporters want to be overconfident going in election cycle, be my guest.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2024, 07:57:28 PM »

The only poll, which was a Democratic internal, had Trump up 3.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 08:35:26 PM »

If Trump has won NE-02, then it should be obvious that Biden has already lost
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 08:38:45 PM »

And only leads to a tie in the scenario he wins it but loses the midwestern states. It's possible he wins it but I suspect he wins the 3 midwestern battlegrounds before taking back NE-2.

To the question whether it is safe... obviously no. But if the Biden team and supporters want to be overconfident going in election cycle, be my guest.
The point is if Biden wins the blue wall that one vote is crucial
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 08:47:27 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 08:53:12 PM by The Economy is Getting Worse »

The point is if Biden wins the blue wall that one vote is crucial
The 269-269 map with Biden winning the Rust Belt States and Trump winning NE02 is hard to see without massive urban rural depolarization. In this case ME02 is competitive and so is MN.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 09:02:05 PM »

Surely lean D, but dems should invest in the House race there.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 10:20:25 PM »

Likely D.

In fact, it might vote the furthest left in the Midwest outside of Illinois.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies