Does Trump do better with Latino Men or College White Women?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:45:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does Trump do better with Latino Men or College White Women?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does Trump do better with Latino men or college educated white women?
Latino Men

College White Women

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Does Trump do better with Latino Men or College White Women?  (Read 467 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2024, 05:05:18 PM »

Per 2020 exit polls:
College White Women: Biden-54, Trump-45 -> Biden+9
Latino men: Biden-59, Trump-36->Biden+23

Will be interesting to see which group votes further right this year.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 05:09:32 PM »

Latinos and latinas
College Campusers will mostly likely vote for joe or neither.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 06:58:01 PM »

Trump represents Machismo to Latino men every bit as much to Gringos. 
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 08:39:55 PM »

Big booty latinas
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 08:51:46 PM »

Seriously?
Please take all the venezuelan woman you want.
#Biden2024forlessvenezuelansinPeruandmoreintheUSA
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 05:25:50 AM »

Per 2020 exit polls:
College White Women: Biden-54, Trump-45 -> Biden+9
Latino men: Biden-59, Trump-36->Biden+23

Will be interesting to see which group votes further right this year.

How so? It wasn't a close call in 2020 and it seems obvious that the gap between how the two groups vote will continue to widen this year.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 01:58:56 PM »

It seems obvious that the gap between how the two groups vote will continue to widen this year.

That would represent a real reversal of recent trends.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 02:00:13 PM »

I have both shifting right, but Trump might win Latino men outright. The exit polls in 2020 were likely off and Trump likely only lost Latinos by 26.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 05:42:30 AM »

It seems obvious that the gap between how the two groups vote will continue to widen this year.

That would represent a real reversal of recent trends.

Tbh, I looked at the old exits incorrectly. I would agree that he probably does better with Latino men this year.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 08:54:45 AM »

Latino men. I expect Latinos to outright vote for him.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 09:30:25 AM »

I don't know that he'll win this group, but I think he's going to do a lot better than expected among Latinos and that it will be surprising.

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 09:31:53 AM »

I don't know that he'll win this group, but I think he's going to do a lot better than expected among Latinos and that it will be surprising.

Yeah, maybe not outright win, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were like Miami-Dade 2.0, but on a greater scale.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 09:35:40 AM »

Yeah, maybe not outright win, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were like Miami-Dade 2.0, but on a greater scale.

What I think will also shock people when all is said and done will be the numbers of 18-24 year old Muslims particularly in WI, MI, PA, and NYC that voted for Trump, not because they like Trump but because he isn't Joe. The kids who are able to vote now are too young to remember the Muslim ban, and older Muslims are pissed at Biden. I wouldn't be surprised if startling percentages of young Muslims cross over for Trump.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 09:37:06 AM »

What I think will also shock people when all is said and done will be the numbers of 18-24 year old Muslims particularly in WI, MI, PA, and NYC that voted for Trump, not because they like Trump but because he isn't Joe. The kids who are able to vote now are too young to remember the Muslim ban, and older Muslims are pissed at Biden. I wouldn't be surprised if startling percentages of young Muslims cross over for Trump.

To be fair, Muslims are a much smaller percentage of the population than Latinos. Admittedly, if this election is extremely close like the last two, it could be all the difference.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 09:40:37 AM »

To be fair, Muslims are a much smaller percentage of the population than Latinos. Admittedly, if this election is extremely close like the last two, it could be all the difference.

The second sentence is what I'm saying. I think, barring some massive unforeseen circumstance, this is going to be a nail biter and if enough people stay home, or if enough young Latinos or Muslims decide 'let's give Trump a try'...A lot of people here are going to be shocked at the result. This election to me leans Trump, but Trump's biggest handicap toward a second term is his severe foot in mouth disease. This same disorder arguably cost him 2020 as well.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024, 10:37:03 AM »

College White women slightly.

Don't forget that a decent percentage of White women live in the South, and the more Southern a white person is, the more likely they are to be conservative/Republican (just going based on the facts).

Latino men may be trending right, but they are still a Dem-leaning group overall and I don't expect that to change this year.
kwabbit

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2024, 12:07:15 AM »

College White women slightly.

Don't forget that a decent percentage of White women live in the South, and the more Southern a white person is, the more likely they are to be conservative/Republican (just going based on the facts).

Latino men may be trending right, but they are still a Dem-leaning group overall and I don't expect that to change this year.

Trump already did about the same in 2020, probably even a little better with Latino men. Exit polls consistently overrate the proportion of the electorate that is White college-educated and the share that vote for Republicans. Biden probably got upper 50s with both in 2020.

With another cycle of trends, Trump will easily do better with Latino men.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies