Maryland Voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:26:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maryland Voters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: If you had to do it over again, would you vote for O'Malley?
Yes

No

Stay at home

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Maryland Voters  (Read 8130 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »

I'd assume he meant Ehrlich.  While not a hard liner, he's certainly more conservative than moderate in my book.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »

I'd assume he meant Ehrlich.  While not a hard liner, he's certainly more conservative than moderate in my book.

However he governed in many ways like a Democrat,For example he was opposed to state testing standards in public schools and he also supported stem cell research.   
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »

3-4 liberal counties actually. To define the whole state as "liberal" shows a clear lack of knowledge of how things in the state work.

You're a clever one.

It doesn't matter if the majority rules from only "3-4 liberal counties"; they dominate the state. It's wholly irrelevant, when speaking of the state as a whole, to say there are very Republican areas that get outvoted. I suppose you would also object to New York and California being labeled "liberal?"
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 12:50:05 AM »

3-4 liberal counties actually. To define the whole state as "liberal" shows a clear lack of knowledge of how things in the state work.

You're a clever one.

It doesn't matter if the majority rules from only "3-4 liberal counties"; they dominate the state. It's wholly irrelevant, when speaking of the state as a whole, to say there are very Republican areas that get outvoted. I suppose you would also object to New York and California being labeled "liberal?"

Politically mixed would of course be a more accurate term to describe many states in this nation. Setting states in one of two political camps is a little simple if you ask me.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 04:15:47 AM »

We have ten Maryland voters here?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »

You're a clever one.

Politically mixed would of course be a more accurate term to describe many states in this nation. Setting states in one of two political camps is a little simple if you ask me.

The only states to vote for Kerry more strongly than Maryland are Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and New York (and DC). So if it's not liberal, then only those 4 states + city can be described as "liberal"
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 06:46:58 PM »

I live in Charles County, not one of the so called "liberal counties".  The thing is the counties in the center of the state are the more populous ones and also are more liberal.  One the fringes like the eastern shore and the western panhandle, people are more Conservative.  The reason this gives the Liberals power is because all of the big cities are in this center and they help out the Liberals.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 10:40:21 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2007, 10:47:29 PM by Verily »

I live in Charles County, not one of the so called "liberal counties".  The thing is the counties in the center of the state are the more populous ones and also are more liberal.  One the fringes like the eastern shore and the western panhandle, people are more Conservative.  The reason this gives the Liberals power is because all of the big cities are in this center and they help out the Liberals.

Isn't this a bit...obvious? Almost unanimously, the most populous county in each state voted for John Kerry, and George Bush won more counties than John Kerry in most states, too, including more than half of all states that voted Democratic in 2004. (Only Hawaii, New Jersey and every state in New England had more of their counties vote for John Kerry than George Bush.)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 08:34:02 PM »

Generally, the small counties in Maryland are pretty strongly Republican.  The medium-sized counties (Anne Arundel, Howard, Charles) are swing counties.  The largest counties (except for Baltimore County, a swing county) are heavily Democratic. 

All states have some mix of Democratic and Republican voters.  But the mix in MD tilts strongly toward the Dems.  It is clearly one of the most Democratic states in the country.  The state legislature is almost 3/4 Dem in both houses, largely due to the fact that every single legislator in Montgomery, PG, and Baltimore City are Democrats.   These legislators alone are almost enough to constitute a majority (22 out of 47 state senate seats).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2007, 04:52:40 AM »

Generally, the small counties in Maryland are pretty strongly Republican.  The medium-sized counties (Anne Arundel, Howard, Charles) are swing counties.  The largest counties (except for Baltimore County, a swing county) are heavily Democratic. 

All states have some mix of Democratic and Republican voters.  But the mix in MD tilts strongly toward the Dems.  It is clearly one of the most Democratic states in the country.  The state legislature is almost 3/4 Dem in both houses, largely due to the fact that every single legislator in Montgomery, PG, and Baltimore City are Democrats.   These legislators alone are almost enough to constitute a majority (22 out of 47 state senate seats).
There was a time when Baltimore City alone held a majority of the population of Maryland.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 08:03:23 AM »

Baltimore City's lovely new mayor was soundly booed at a sold out Orioles game Tuesday night while having a ceremony honoring Cal Ripken, Jr. I found it quite humorous.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »

A lot of talk... no action...

Thats all I'm saying.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »

Baltimore City's lovely new mayor was soundly booed at a sold out Orioles game Tuesday night while having a ceremony honoring Cal Ripken, Jr. I found it quite humorous.

Sadly she's going to run away with this election.  Mitchell should have entered the race earlier and hit harder.  At least then he would have had a chance.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2007, 09:33:57 AM »

Thats all I'm saying.

Is this O'Malley we are talking about?
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »

Thats all I'm saying.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »

Thats all I'm saying.

He still has The Baltimore Sun backing him up regardless.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies