Maryland Voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:37:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Maryland Voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: If you had to do it over again, would you vote for O'Malley?
Yes

No

Stay at home

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Maryland Voters  (Read 8129 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

From my observations O'Malley seems to be a total joke (as I expected). Would you vote for/support him, w/hindsight.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »

What are his apporval ratings like just wondering because I haven't seen anything out on them?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:45 AM »

What are his apporval ratings like just wondering because I haven't seen anything out on them?

Me neither. They can't be that high considering how he's letting BGE screw the citizens and Baltimore city is a complete clusterfudge.

Whatever happened to all our Maryland Posters?

NickShepDEM
Beet
Nation
Akno21

Where are you guys?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 06:11:43 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2007, 11:50:15 AM by Kevin »

Me neither. They can't be that high considering how he's letting BGE screw the citizens and Baltimore city is a complete clusterfudge.

Whatever happened to all our Maryland Posters?

NickShepDEM
Beet
Nation
Akno21

Where are you guys?

O'Malley also comes across as what I call a liberal activist Governor as he seems to be putting his liberal agenda ahead of the interests of the people of Maryland. I also hope that this joke can be bumped off come 2010.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:19:14 PM »

I don't think people in Maryland see O'Malley as a joke at all.  He has fairly high approval ratings; not stellar, but probably better than most Governors and certainly not in any political danger.

However, O'Malley will be faced with some politically unpopular choices this year.  He is probably going to have to raise taxes, approve slots, and make some spending cuts due to a structural budget deficit.   This past year, he mostly delayed making the tough fiscal choices and instead focused on a (failed) push to overturn the death penalty.  But most of the legislation signed by O'Malley so far has been pretty popular.   

It was Ehrlich, not O'Malley, who is to blame for permitting the spike in energy prices.   My impression was that there wasn't much O'Malley could have done about this.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »

O'Malley also comes across as what I call a liberal activist Governor

An "activist" governor?  Heaven forbid the governor of a state try to do something.

Sorry, the epithet works passably well when talking about judges, but makes no sense whatsoever when talking about anything else.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »

It was Ehrlich, not O'Malley, who is to blame for permitting the spike in energy prices.   My impression was that there wasn't much O'Malley could have done about this.

Wrong again. It was actually Glendenning.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »

obviously maryland made a mistake by electing that o malley fellow in 06.  im sure he will be wearing a black and white jumpsuit and working in a chain gang within 4 years.

but this is maryland we are talking about.  they have a long history of electing rotten people...like paul sarbanes.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »

obviously maryland made a mistake by electing that o malley fellow in 06.  im sure he will be wearing a black and white jumpsuit and working in a chain gang within 4 years.

but this is maryland we are talking about.  they have a long history of electing rotten people...like paul sarbanes.
I stll remain optimistic that we will have Maryland's Governorship back in our hands in four years. Also why does everyone say O'Malley is corrupt? I've figured him to be medicore but corrupt?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »

I'll be looking forward to your decision to start defending O'Malley to the death if something actually does get started with him. Tongue
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 06:12:02 PM »

I'll be looking forward to your decision to start defending O'Malley to the death if something actually does get started with him. Tongue

innocent until proven guilty!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »

Well he hasn't been proven guilty yet.  He hasn't been indicted for anything or even suspected of anything that I know of yet, in fact.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 07:10:01 PM »

Blame those activist Maryland voters for electing him. It's a liberal state, remember?
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 11:02:02 PM »

Well he hasn't been proven guilty yet.  He hasn't been indicted for anything or even suspected of anything that I know of yet, in fact.

Mitty just chooses politicians out of one hat to hate and another to love. He does not appear to have any sort of perceptible ideology or consistency.
Conan
conan

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »

Mitty just chooses politicians out of one hat to hate and another to love. He does not appear to have any sort of perceptible ideology or consistency.
That's very true. There's also another "republican" who's exactly the same on this forum. They can't make up their minds on anything and support random people in an inconsistent way that makes no sense whatsoever.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 12:03:17 AM »

Not quite; I've noticed that he seems to have a thing for disliking politicians that most people like and for liking politicians that everyone hates.  He seems to get off on being as contrarian as possible.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 12:37:28 AM »

That's very true. There's also another "republican" who's exactly the same on this forum. They can't make up their minds on anything and support random people in an inconsistent way that makes no sense whatsoever.

Oh...do tell!
Conan
conan

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 12:47:57 AM »

Oh...do tell!
Everyone knows who it is. Could be you? Maybe, maybe not.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 12:49:11 AM »

Oh...do tell!
Everyone knows who it is. Could be you? Maybe, maybe not.

I'm leaning in the maybe not direction. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »

Blame those activist Maryland voters for electing him. It's a liberal state, remember?

3-4 liberal counties actually. To define the whole state as "liberal" shows a clear lack of knowledge of how things in the state work.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »

3-4 liberal counties actually. To define the whole state as "liberal" shows a clear lack of knowledge of how things in the state work.
Yep. PG's, MontCo and the city of Baltimore provide Dems with a 481K vote lead. Bush won the remainder of the state.
Of course, Washington and Oregon and New York and Pennsylvania and California aren't much different in that respect.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »

Exactly! In Idaho, Blaine County, Moscow, and some parts of Boise are liberal. In Utah, some parts of SLC are liberal. So it would show a clear lack of knowledge to say Utah and Idaho are conservative... right?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 12:12:30 PM »

Exactly! In Idaho, Blaine County, Moscow, and some parts of Boise are liberal. In Utah, some parts of SLC are liberal. So it would show a clear lack of knowledge to say Utah and Idaho are conservative... right?

Your mockery fails in that a liberal did not win Utah or Idaho.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 12:15:25 PM »

That was not my point. Conservatives regularly do win Utah and Idaho. However, the entire states are not "conservative" and therefore cannot be described as conservative... at least according to your logic.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

And a conservative won Maryland?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies