Why would anyone not want four more years of President Biden?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:25:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why would anyone not want four more years of President Biden?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why would anyone not want four more years of President Biden?  (Read 561 times)
holtridge
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 11:03:17 AM »

I just don't get it
Redban

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 11:14:28 AM »

because the last 4 years have been rough
holtridge
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 11:38:48 AM »

because the last 4 years have been rough
So was 2002-2003 for me and my family. Things were rough back then. I thought I was going to have to live in a car things were so bad. I could barely afford to eat. The Trump years weren't too bad I guess except for Covid. I like the way President Biden is putting people back to work and allowing wages to rise. I like the way President Biden is handling our education system too
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2024, 12:18:46 PM »

Because the world's a lot more unstable than it was during Trump's term. Say what you will about 2020, but at least everyone was united against the virus then.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 12:32:38 PM »

Brandon is turning the USD into 2-ply with reckless spending. Atleast when Trump ran up the deficit it was to cut my taxes, not pay the student loans of terrorist-sympathizers.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2024, 12:40:09 PM »

Brandon is turning the USD into 2-ply with reckless spending. Atleast when Trump ran up the deficit it was to cut my taxes, not pay the student loans of terrorist-sympathizers.
[Citation Needed]
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 12:53:48 PM »

Because the world's a lot more unstable than it was during Trump's term. Say what you will about 2020, but at least everyone was united against the virus then.

The world is more unstable because of external factors. Especially in this critical time, it's more important than ever that an experienced and rational leader with a steady hand like Biden is at helm, who's surrounded by a competent team of professionals who can deal with these challenges. And not an erratic maniac who wants to isolate the US from the rest of the world and wouldn't even find Ukraine on a map.

In a time like this it's also critical to have allies in the world, and Biden has restored the traditional allianced very fast after he came in.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 01:00:51 PM »

Both sentences here are completely wrong, especially the second. Have you just forgotten about all the denialism, resistance to masking and social distancing, promotion of fake treatments, "plandemic" hoax, etc.?
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 01:04:36 PM »

Both sentences here are completely wrong, especially the second. Have you just forgotten about all the denialism, resistance to masking and social distancing, promotion of fake treatments, "plandemic" hoax, etc.?

I haven't, but lots of voters have. It's like how we forget about mass shootings, only on a far more massive scale.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 01:08:00 PM »

Let Barron simps be
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 01:11:28 PM »

Almost every country on earth is experiencing inflation and cost of living issues, most worse than the US, and the dollar is strong compared to most other currencies.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 01:34:13 PM »

[Citation Needed]

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/total-cost-student-debt-cancellation#:~:text=Including%20the%20Biden%20Administration's%20new,over%20the%20nation's%20entire%20history. - Including the Biden Administration’s new student debt cancellation plan, we estimate all recent student debt cancellation policies will cost a combined $870 billion to $1.4 trillion. That’s more than all federal spending on higher education over the nation’s entire history. The vast majority of this debt cancellation was put in place through executive actions under President Biden.

InsideHigherEd.com - Of those who expressed support for the protests, 36 percent said they at least somewhat agree with the use of violence as a protest strategy and 37 percent approve of the use of hate speech. An even larger share of respondents said they support protesters blocking graduation (38 percent), preventing students from going to class (46 percent) and erecting encampments on campus (75 percent).

Student Debt Cancellation is quite literally benefiting (not entirely, but it is benefiting) terrorist theocracy state supporters.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 01:37:03 PM »

He's not. He's far from the worst president, but he has had too many policy failures. I can't be bothered to name them all, but for starters, the ARP was way too big and contributed to the inflation in 2021 and 2022. He's also presiding over a deficit of nearly $2 trillion even though unemployment is very low, although it's not like Republicans are any better on this front.

I can understand voting for him because you think Trump is worse, but you'd have to have a very different worldview than me to actually like this guy.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 01:40:13 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2024, 01:52:50 PM by Vern »

Let me see… the price of everything has go up a lot under Biden.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 01:46:35 PM »

But he did give your tax dollars to people working from home fully employed and businesses that did not need it.
GAinDC

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 01:52:27 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2024, 01:56:08 PM by GAinDC »

Let me see… the price of everything has go up alot over under Biden.

The price of everything went up under Trump too. Prices are always increasing.

We had an inflation spike, but now wages are rising faster than inflation and purchasing power is stronger now than it was in 2019 — which is apparently the year that everyone compares today’s economy to.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LES1252881600Q

On other fronts, the progress under Biden is deniably good, like job growth and unemployment rate.

We have economic challenges, but things are better than many realize or want to admit.

Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2024, 01:55:36 PM »

We had an inflation spike, but now wages are rising faster that inflation and purchasing power is stronger now than it was in 2019 — which is apparently the year that everyone compares today’s economy to.

On other fronts, the progress under Biden is deniably good, like job growth and unemployment rate.

We have economic challenges, but things are better than many realize or want to admit.

Honestly, you can show all the numbers you want. To most voters the “numbers” don’t matter. The only number that matter to them is the number of dollars they have in their bank accounts or the lack there of.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2024, 01:57:21 PM »

[Citation Needed]

https://www.crfb.org/blogs/total-cost-student-debt-cancellation#:~:text=Including%20the%20Biden%20Administration's%20new,over%20the%20nation's%20entire%20history. - Including the Biden Administration’s new student debt cancellation plan, we estimate all recent student debt cancellation policies will cost a combined $870 billion to $1.4 trillion. That’s more than all federal spending on higher education over the nation’s entire history. The vast majority of this debt cancellation was put in place through executive actions under President Biden.

InsideHigherEd.com - Of those who expressed support for the protests, 36 percent said they at least somewhat agree with the use of violence as a protest strategy and 37 percent approve of the use of hate speech. An even larger share of respondents said they support protesters blocking graduation (38 percent), preventing students from going to class (46 percent) and erecting encampments on campus (75 percent).

Student Debt Cancellation is quite literally benefiting (not entirely, but it is benefiting) terrorist theocracy state supporters.
Except none of that says "supporting terrorist theocracy state supporters" - which paints all protesters as "pro-Hamas" - when most are merely anti-state-sponsored violence.

But here's the kicker - most beneficiaries of student debt relief have graduated - and most have been graduated for some time now. The interest is the killer on student loans, and those in school don't have interest kick in until after graduation (for subsidized-undergraduate loans).
So the people who benefit the most are those in the workforce - not those out protesting.
So yeah, any blanket forgiveness (which this still targeted), will have people you or I don't agree with getting a benefit. But that shouldn't taint your opinion of the policy as a whole. You can agree or disagree with the policy on its benefits or its problems - but being against it because it benefits a couple people you don't like or agree with is extremely vengeful. Policy-making should not be vengeful endeavor.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2024, 01:59:02 PM »

[Citation Needed]

but being against it because it benefits a couple people you don't like or agree with is extremely vengeful. Policy-making should not be vengeful endeavor.

Are you aware that we live in 2024? I'm not saying I'm glad or happy that things are this way, but, since the election of Trump we're living in the age of vengeance politics, and Biden is just as guilty.
GAinDC

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2024, 01:59:14 PM »

We had an inflation spike, but now wages are rising faster that inflation and purchasing power is stronger now than it was in 2019 — which is apparently the year that everyone compares today’s economy to.

Honestly, you can’t show all the numbers you want. To most voters the “numbers” don’t matter. The only number that matter to them is the number of dollars they have in their bank accounts or the lack there of.

I know what the polling says. Thankfully Biden can push back on that false narrative instead of having to swallow it.

Biden would be committing political malpractice if he didn’t talk about the things that are going right in the economy, as every other President has done.

More importantly — Trump has no real plan to lower costs because he knows he can’t do it.
GAinDC

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2024, 02:00:58 PM »

I see the anti-Biden avatars are out in full force because they are so committed to a false narrative around the economy, and it’s the only hope for Trump to win.

They are scared that inflation is going down and job growth remains strong because that means consumers will begin to realize things are moving in the right direction.

The next six months will be fun.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2024, 02:08:49 PM »

[Citation Needed]

but being against it because it benefits a couple people you don't like or agree with is extremely vengeful. Policy-making should not be vengeful endeavor.

Are you aware that we live in 2024? I'm not saying I'm glad or happy that things are this way, but, since the election of Trump we're living in the age of vengeance politics, and Biden is just as guilty.
Biden is just as guilty.
Can you elaborate on this? Sure, I can see some of his messaging being perceived as "vengeful" but what policies?

You laid out that Trump kicked off the age of vengeance politics (arguable, but I can see that), so far the Republican Party has been the party of vengeance politics.
That also doesn't mean it's the right way to govern - and even if it's "with the times" doesn't mean you have to go along with it.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2024, 02:11:24 PM »

I see the anti-Biden avatars are out in full force because they are so committed to a false narrative around the economy, and it’s the only hope for Trump to win.

They are scared that inflation is going down and job growth remains strong because that means consumers will begin to realize things are moving in the right direction.

Also, there's zero evidence another Trump Administration would effectively bring prices down to pre-pandemic levels or that wages would go up as a result of their policies. He doesn't have a real policy here other than another tax handout for his Mar-A-Lago buddies.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2024, 02:13:38 PM »

Also, there's zero evidence another Trump Administration would effectively bring prices down to pre-pandemic levels or that wages would go up as a result of their policies. He doesn't have a real policy here other than another tax handout for his Mar-A-Lago buddies.

Supply Side Economics is generally good in bringing down prices as it helps in increasing aggregate supply. In fact the entire premise of supply side economics is that the way to help the economy is too:

1. Implement policies that lead to businesses expansion which in turn will increase the overall supply in the economy

2. Increase in Aggregate Supply helps bring down prices, which in turn increases demand and spurs economic growth

Keep number 1 and 2 in a loop long enough and you can keep control of prices while the economy is growing as well.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2024, 02:32:47 PM »

To be honest, if we exclude who was in charge

i'd rather have 2016-2020 be repeated than 2020-2024 and it's not even close, and i think that's what hurts Biden a bit, even if it's not really his doing just like the pandemic spreading wasn't in control of Trump, sometimes a president... is just one human being that can only do so much.

Though i'm still of the belief that Biden could have done more to stop the human suffering in Gaza. But Ukraine-Russia, Afghanistan and post-pandemic or economy, i doubt there was a lot he could do to change those things.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies