Who are the lingering Haley voters?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:21:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who are the lingering Haley voters?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the lingering Haley voters?  (Read 268 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2024, 02:33:32 PM »

I was on vacay this weekend and kind of checked out, but just saw the Indiana primary results

Who are these voters? Are they Dems crossing party lines to make Trump look bad? Exasperated Republicans who will ultimately vote for Trump? Potential Biden voters?

Also, if Dean Phillips was regularly getting 15% to 20% of the vote in primaries against Biden well after dropping out, the media would have already declared Biden DOA.....
mjba257
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 03:17:24 PM »

I was on vacay this weekend and kind of checked out, but just saw the Indiana primary results

Who are these voters? Are they Dems crossing party lines to make Trump look bad? Exasperated Republicans who will ultimately vote for Trump? Potential Biden voters?

Also, if Dean Phillips was regularly getting 15% to 20% of the vote in primaries against Biden well after dropping out, the media would have already declared Biden DOA.....

Described me to a tee. There are many of us Republicans who are sick and tired of Trump and all the sh**t that goes along with him. We are yearning for a new generation of principled leaders (no, not MAGA acolytes). Voting for Haley is sort of a way to signal that yes, we exist.

GAinDC

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 03:33:12 PM »

Described me to a tee. There are many of us Republicans who are sick and tired of Trump and all the sh**t that goes along with him. We are yearning for a new generation of principled leaders (no, not MAGA acolytes). Voting for Haley is sort of a way to signal that yes, we exist.

What's better to you? Dealing with Biden for four more years if it means Trump and MAGA fade away vs. reelecting Trump, which means he will continue to lead the party, perhaps even after his term ends?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 03:57:43 PM »

Nobodies.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 04:52:04 PM »

What's better to you? Dealing with Biden for four more years if it means Trump and MAGA fade away vs. reelecting Trump, which means he will continue to lead the party, perhaps even after his term ends?

Biden is a terrible president. I cannot ever vote for him. His foreign policy is a disaster - we have wars in Europe and the Middle East and soon to be in Taiwan. His disastrous pullout from Afghanistan was unforgivable. What's going on at the border is border-line (no pun intended) criminal. He tried to use OSHA to push a vaccine mandate on every Americans. He isn't mentally capable to govern an other four years. And I sure as hell do not want Kamala anywhere near that Oval Office.

Trump, OTOH, is a moral degenerate without an once of dignity or decency and the exact opposite of what I expect from a leader. At the same time, I support a lot of his policies. There were a lot of things he did as president that I thought were good. To me, it's never been about policy with Trump, it's always been the personality. I just cannot bring myself to vote for a mine I find so morally reprehensible.
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2024, 05:20:03 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2024, 05:44:03 PM by Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins »

They fall int 3 categories

1. Democrats- People who hate Trump so much that they voted in the GOP primary. Biden will win all of these voters, as unlike other Liberals they will not risk voting 3rd party.

2. Neocon/ Strong foreign policy  GOP voters Like Haley for that. Likely to come mostly home to Trump given Biden's Foreign policy. Voting  to try to show that in the future party should not go more isolationist.

3. Other Anti Trump Rs- Likely a group that dislikes both Biden and Trump. Plurality probably voted Biden in 2020 but they still see themselves as Republican. Are a key demographic. Some will vote Biden for the insurrection, court cases, or moral reasons. Others will hold their nose and vote for Trump as the least bad option. Some will sit out the election or vote 3rd party.

I am in the 3rd group (Although I voted desantis rather than Haley in my GOP primary).
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2024, 05:34:26 PM »

They fall int 3 categories

1. Democrats- People who hate Trump so much that they voted in the GOP primary. Biden will win all of these voters, as unlike other Liberals they will not risk voting 3rd party.

2. Neocon/ Strong foreign policy  GOP voters Like Haley for that. Likely to come mostly home to Trump given Biden's Foreign policy. Voting  for show that in the future party should not go more isolationist.

3. Other Anti Trump Rs- Likely a group that dislikes both Biden and Trump. Plurality probably voted Biden in 2020 but they still see themselves as Republican. Are a key demographic. Some will vote Biden or the insurrection, court cases, or moral reasons. Others will hold their nose and vote for Trump as the least bad option. Some will sit out the election or vote 3rd party.

I am in the 3rd group (Although I voted desantis rather than Haley in my GOP primary).

I am also a group three Haley voter although I will almost certainly vote for Biden.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2024, 07:09:25 PM »

They’re Dems.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2024, 07:18:24 PM »

Well, they are now in the case of my dad. He wanted to vote against Trump in the primaries one last time and finally switched to being a Dem, having been a Rep for at least the last 25 years. Granted he was a RINO for much of that. He voted Paul-Kasich-Weld-Haley from 2012-2024.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2024, 07:32:29 PM »

Well, they are now in the case of my dad. He wanted to vote against Trump in the primaries one last time and finally switched to being a Dem, having been a Rep for at least the last 25 years. Granted he was a RINO for much of that. He voted Paul-Kasich-Weld-Haley from 2012-2024.
Paul-Haley voter is wild considering how far they differ on almost every issue
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2024, 07:46:13 PM »

Paul-Haley voter is wild considering how far they differ on almost every issue

By 2012, my dad was basically done with the GOP and Paul was the last one in the race against Romney when California voted. But yeah, big spread.

I don’t think he would’ve voted Santorum though. He hates social conservatives and in 2008, he said that Huckabee was the only one that would make him prefer Jerry Brown in a hypothetical. My dad hated the Governor Moonbeam-era Jerry Brown. That being said, I think he did vote Jerry Brown in the 2010 gubernatorial election; I think that’s a reflection on both my dad as well as the third version of Jerry Brown (compared to his first administration and the 1992 version).

Kasich, Weld, and Haley were at least the moderate-coded candidates (admittedly a stretch for Haley).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies