Is lingering trauma from 2020 a big factor this year?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:00:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is lingering trauma from 2020 a big factor this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Is lingering trauma from 2020 a big factor this year?  (Read 692 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2024, 06:28:51 PM »

This won’t work when it comes to younger voters. Younger voters don’t know anything before Trump. When Covid hit, they were just kids. Trump was a figure in the distance.

I don't think this election will be decided by voters who were born in 2002-2006, but I could very well be wrong!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2024, 07:50:27 PM »

This won’t work when it comes to younger voters. Younger voters don’t know anything before Trump. When Covid hit, they were just kids. Trump was a figure in the distance.

I don't think this election will be decided by voters who were born in 2002-2006, but I could very well be wrong!

If it's close enough it could be decided by just about anything under the sun, in a Beshear vs. Bevin sort of way.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2024, 10:53:43 PM »

On social media, the Biden campaign has been doing a lot of "four years ago today..." to remind voters of Trump's worst moments during the beginning of COVID.

Later this month and into the summer, I'm sure they will do a lot of posts about how Trump handled the mass protests.

Not sure how effective it will be, but I think it's a good strategy

It's a good strategy. It shouldn't be necessary, but clearly Americans need Trump's handling of the pandemic, and other nightmares from his first term, pounded in their heads incessantly.

All they know now, is what they know now. And it’s in their view, Biden’s establishment persona. And Gaza. The economy.
18 year olds remember being 14. It's not like they were babies in 2020.

Anyway, vibecession is a great way to put it. The vibes are just bad; simple as. I find myself, emotionally, caring remarkably little about this election, even though I know it is objectively extremely important that Biden win and will do everything in my power to help that happen. Even my Trumpy acquaintances seem weirdly demoralized and unconcerned, and those people normally treat everything with about the degree of urgency of a Nancy Pelosi SMS message. Bad vibes!
I wonder when the next election that people care about will happen.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies