From a purely electoral perspective,
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:55:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  From a purely electoral perspective,
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does Biden need to move closer to the Palestinian side, Israel side or stay where he is?
Move closer to the Palestinian side

Move closer to the Israeli side

Stay where he is.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: From a purely electoral perspective,  (Read 230 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2024, 08:32:32 PM »

Is he in the sweet spot of maintaining support from all groups or is he in the danger zone of losing both groups?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 08:39:46 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2024, 02:18:22 AM by Progressive Pessimist »

I think he finally found the right time to stop taking Netanyahu's s***.

I think he's fine where he is. I don't think he is actually alienating any non-Orthodox, Israel prioritizing Jews, but hopefully has the door open for the pro-Palestine side to be won back.

Overall, it's close to a lose-lose situation for sure though. The best thing that can happen, other than the conflict being peacefully resolved with both sides coming to a mutually beneficial agreement, is simply for the story to stop getting much coverage, which will probably involve the situation reaching a point of uninteresting stagnation.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 09:15:07 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2024, 12:50:36 AM by wnwnwn »

He has flip flopped too much on this.
As things go, stay the course and focus on domestic issues (sadly for him, it seems that most media want Trump to win).
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 09:34:32 PM »

As things go, stay the course and focus on domestic issues (sadly for hi., it seems that most media want Trumo to win).

Yeah thats my opinion as well. I think previously taking the Israel route would have been better as we can see by Fetterman's approvals increasing a lot.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 11:40:58 PM »

As things go, stay the course and focus on domestic issues (sadly for hi., it seems that most media want Trumo to win).

Yeah thats my opinion as well. I think previously taking the Israel route would have been better as we can see by Fetterman's approvals increasing a lot.

Fetterman's approvals probably are unrelated to his position on the Gaza issue. Certainly they aren't hurting though. But as we've seen the pro-Palestine crowd really doesn't have as much against other Democrats as they do the President.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2024, 11:43:08 PM »

He needs to pick a side or remain neutral and stick to it, rather than switching sides during a war. In the end neither side is satisfied with Biden, and Netanyahu and Sinwar still mutually don’t want a ceasefire for selfish reasons.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2024, 12:14:42 AM »

There is nothing wrong with Netanyahu that a fatal stroke or coronary wouldn't solve. Or a simple loss of power. He's a prime example of a politician gone stale, someone who sees him necessary even if he is the problem, someone whose competence doesn't fit his ruthlessness.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies