Biden is Truman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:44:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden is Truman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden is Truman  (Read 931 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2024, 04:57:50 PM »

Became president during and directly after a world-changing crisis (WWII, Covid)

Oversaw a post-crisis economic boom paired with accompanying inflation spikes

Roped into proxy wars and conflicts that tested America’s global power

Seen as dull and ineffective

Underestimated by everyone

Won anyway 😎

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 05:17:56 PM »

No.

Right now, it's likely Biden will lose.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 05:22:20 PM »

I pray to God you're right.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 05:30:37 PM »

Trump is Grover Cleveland

-Both New Yorkers

-Both had no federal politics experience before being elected

-Both narrowly won their first pres election, but narrowly lost their second, before running for a third

-Both skeptical of certain international agreements and alliances
Dumbo
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2024, 05:31:38 PM »

Truman was wise enough not to seek re-election in 1952. Biden isn't.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2024, 05:40:31 PM »

Most of the Rs received Stimulus checks from Pelosi not Johnson and they still want Rs to control the govt that does nothing to help poor people
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2024, 06:03:41 PM »

If he does win, the comparisons will definitely be made.

-Both New Yorkers

-Both narrowly won their first pres election, but narrowly lost their second, before running for a third

Cleveland didn't have Trump's horrible personality and baggage, at least as far as I know.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2024, 09:45:50 PM »

Nah, Truman used the beer track advantages as Carter and Clinton later did. Biden can´t do that.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2024, 10:00:41 PM »

-Both New Yorkers

Cleveland didn't have Trump's horrible personality and baggage, at least as far as I know.

"Ma, ma, where's my Pa?"
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2024, 11:03:28 PM »

-Both New Yorkers

Both fat.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 11:26:23 PM »

Nah, Truman used the beer track advantages as Carter and Clinton later did. Biden can´t do that.

Truman also lost significant ground from 1944 . Biden can’t afford to basically lose any ground if he wants to win
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2024, 12:30:28 AM »

Truman also lost significant ground from 1944 . Biden can’t afford to basically lose any ground if he wants to win

Except FDR was the nominee in 1944.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2024, 12:37:03 AM »

Still, Truman had quite of ground he could afford to lose unlike Biden . Ironically I think the best comparison with Biden is Trump 2020 where despite bad approvals and voters unhappy with the direction of the country, the election was a tossup that could have gone either way.

Similarly Trump did not have much ground he could afford to lose and he didnt end up losing much group but that was still enough to cost him reelection.   
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2024, 01:29:10 AM »

-Both New Yorkers

My point was that you can make these vague, broad comparisons between any two Presidents.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2024, 03:33:07 AM »

Still, Truman had quite of ground he could afford to lose unlike Biden . Ironically I think the best comparison with Biden is Trump 2020 where despite bad approvals and voters unhappy with the direction of the country, the election was a tossup that could have gone either way.

Similarly Trump did not have much ground he could afford to lose and he didnt end up losing much group but that was still enough to cost him reelection.   

Trump is far from Biden in 20 Trump got COVID and covered it up that's why he lost
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2024, 09:19:11 AM »

Biden has also been increasing in popularity and massively improving in the polls just like Truman.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2024, 10:16:14 AM »

Biden has also been increasing in popularity and massively improving in the polls just like Truman.

That’s not true. Biden’s numbers right now are amongst his worst.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2024, 10:27:43 AM »

Truman appointed four white guys to the Supreme Court, and none of those four were ideologically extreme.
Biden, .....
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2024, 10:43:39 AM »

That’s not true. Biden’s numbers right now are amongst his worst.
Nobody has voted yet. Trust the votes, not the polls.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2024, 01:26:03 PM »

Trump is Ike now? Lmao.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2024, 01:41:46 PM »

Is Biden not a beer track candidate? He's certainly stronger with moderates than progressives these days. Maybe it just looks that way relatively, since Trump is on some kind of meth-fentanyl speedball track.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2024, 01:53:49 PM »

Joe Biden is probably the closest analogy we have to a modern James Buchanan. There's just zero leadership or confidence as everything crumbles around him
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2024, 01:54:18 PM »

Trump is Ike now? Lmao.
Folks, you saw what happened on those beaches. Normally, when I go with my beautiful, anti-fascist, European family to the beaches, we make sandcastles and pretend to be pirates on the high seas. I mean, I hate pirates. I hate castles. We're Americans, folks, we live in houses, not castles. But we do those things because they're fun.

But when you look at what my good friend, General George Patton, who I really think should be the President one day after I've finished my two terms, maybe more terms if the government lets me, did on those beaches... I was like "wow." And my beautiful, anti-fascist wife was like "oh my God, they actually did it?" Now, you may be asking me, "Mister President, why were you so shocked, Mister President?" I was shocked because I thought, look, these fascists, they're really evil. Really, really evil. Not in the so many years of human history has anything been as evil as fascism. I thought they had plans, really strong plans. But their plans were made out of paper cranes, wet cardboard, everything flimsy. Everything. We broke through their defences, then eleven months later we took out that evil Hitler man. The most evil man in world history, taken out by forces of freedom. So beautiful. I hate fascism, folks.

I remember the debates in Ohio, and Iowa, and some other bad, evil states a few years ago, maybe thirty years ago, saying no, you can't teach German. I'm from Kansas, I think Kansas is the best state in the Midwest, so many sunflowers, so many people, I've eaten at more diners there than I can think of, I'm going to move back there once I've served out my second term as the most important man in American history. Anyway, just to let you know, I think those laws are horrible, the worst laws. We have people speaking all kinds of language in America, legal immigrants, citizens, whether they're speaking Spanish, German, Tagalog - I love the Filipino community and they love me back, you saw my rally last week - whatever. And they bring together so many diverse names, I like telling my wife sometimes that every name is an American name. There was Jose and Felipe at my rally a couple of weeks ago, then some Italian people, some Greek people, Papadopoulos, Evangelos, whatever, some English people, some Irish people - look, folks, I'm winning Irish people. That shows you I'm the best President. The best. How many other Republicans can you name who are winning Irish people?

Now, you have a look at the names in the archives in Washington DC, a beautiful city, so many bad people, but I think it's a beautiful city, better than New York, definitely better than Dresden these days. You have a look at their archives, their top 500 for girls - okay, there are many, many, boys' names, I don't need to go over the boy names because I think you all know at least a couple of hundred men. But you look at names like Lydia, and Rachel and Esther, and Margaret, and Veronica, and I think Naomi, I'm not sure - they've been in the top 500, not just this year or the past couple of decades, but every single year that Social Security have been keeping records. Every single year. Not even close. I mean, they started keeping these records when this one guy called Chester Alan Arthur was President. And now they're accusing me of being a fake President too. They said "Chester, Chester, you were born in Quebec, not Vermont, you can't be the President!" And now they're saying I'm stuck up, I'm annoying, I love parading my record, nobody in my cabinet can be trusted, my foreign policy's so bad, I'm not racist enough, everything. I stood four years ago for fairness and justice, I'm standing again and I hope my good friend Richard Nixon, a really good friend, one of the best friends I have, will stand in four years to show those Democrats that enough is enough.

But really. How many Lydias have you seen in the halls of Congress, or the governor's mansions or the state legislatures? Or Veronicas? Really. Top 500, you'd expect there to be one or two in so many thousands of people, yet nothing. Shame. We need more ordinary people in the chambers of the people. I know women can't fight in the army, but standing in politics, the government, I think that's a really powerful way for them to make their voices heard, definitely better than voting for the Democrats. Who gave the world Senator Rankin - my party or their party? Who gave women the right - my party or their party? I think it's obvious. You vote for me in November, which you will do, and you vote for a Republican Senator and House member and Governor and state legislator in November - not October, not December, but November - and I guarantee you, definitely, one hundred percent, beyond any of our imaginations, we will do more than any past American government has to ensure that you have rights, you have freedom and you have the Constitutional protections.

But yeah, I'm standing up for the everyman as President. Not just the everywoman, but the everyman. They go on all day about how I'm dividing American when they're the real dividers, they divide people because of race and fascism and everything. I'm a really good President. Just yesterday, I met someone called Bill. Really common name, that. Everyman name. And this Bill told me "look, Mister President - Dwight, the American President, really good guy - you're the best President of my lifetime, you helped go in there and annihilate those really annoying fascists, they were eating away at my brain" - I'm not going to talk about some of the third-party, fourth-party candidates I'm going up against - "and now you've defeated them, Mister President, and I feel like an America First, strong American, keep our country safe kind of man." Well done, Bill. You'd make a great Vice-President if I didn't already have one. Believe me, there were some really bad Vice-Presidents in my Veepstakes when I first ran four years ago; some of them were traitors and evil people and clueless and silly and any number of other bad words. But this guy from California, beautiful, sunny, Richard Nixon the Vice-President, I think more beautiful than Washington DC or anywhere else, a true American beautiful place, he has shown himself to be one of the best lieutenants this retired general could ever hope for, and with really good reason, because he has the fire, the energy, the power, the conviction, everything, really. I wish every single American voter could think more like Bill when they vote in November.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2024, 01:56:44 PM »

Truman appointed four white guys to the Supreme Court, and none of those four were ideologically extreme.
Biden, .....

Interestingly, Truman is still the last Democratic president to appoint the Chief Justice.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2024, 03:07:07 PM »

Joe Biden is probably the closest analogy we have to a modern James Buchanan. There's just zero leadership or confidence as everything crumbles around him

Who would be Lincoln in this case ?
Just a question.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies