Sandy Berger Probed Over Terror Memos (stuffed in jacket, pants, SOCKS!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 08:07:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Sandy Berger Probed Over Terror Memos (stuffed in jacket, pants, SOCKS!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Sandy Berger Probed Over Terror Memos (stuffed in jacket, pants, SOCKS!)  (Read 16294 times)
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2004, 11:45:44 PM »

OK, just so I'm clear.  This dirt is known by BOTH sides and there is some sort of Mutual Assured Destruction informal agreement between RNC and DNC?
MarkDel

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2004, 11:47:31 PM »

Mark, was it Clinton?  Kerry?  Edwards?  Nader?

Supersoulty,

It was Kerry. The poor dumb bastard is so out of the loop even in his own party that he did not know what has been going on for the last eight months in terms of Berger and the 9/11 findings. When he found out, he went freaking nuts because he's afraid the Republicans were going to spring "Berger" on him right before the Election, so he and his advisors came up with this fairly clever scheme to leak the story themselves, and blame it on Republicans trying to deflect attention away from the 9/11 report. Of course, he still doesn't know the whole truth, because if he did, he would know it was completely unnecessary to throw Berger to the wolves...Ashcroft was protecting Berger and will continue to do so unless the media calls loudly for charges against Berger.

I had suspected that the Dems were responsible for the outing of Berger, because the Republicans had nothing to gain.  They new the report wasn't going to rip the Prez, so why divert attention.  At the same time, the Dems would also know that the report was not going to be negative for Bush and thus, outed Berger to divert attention.  I figured that part out on my own.  I had no idea it went this deep though.

Supersoulty,

I did not believe that anything this big existed either. On some level, I understand the need to keep it quiet, especially if you are a Democrat. Remember what I said though....it was Kerry's people who leaked the story, not the DNC, in this subject they have different agendas.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2004, 11:48:32 PM »

DNC = Clinton's people.
MarkDel

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2004, 11:48:49 PM »

OK, just so I'm clear.  This dirt is known by BOTH sides and there is some sort of Mutual Assured Destruction informal agreement between RNC and DNC?

Yes, between the RNC and DNC, but only at the very highest of high levels. For reasons of plausible deniability, and to prevent leaks, only a few people actually know this on both sides.
MarkDel

« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2004, 11:49:43 PM »

Yes, led by Terry McAuliffe, who is perhaps the most evil man in America.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2004, 11:50:02 PM »

Mark, was it Clinton?  Kerry?  Edwards?  Nader?

Supersoulty,

It was Kerry. The poor dumb bastard is so out of the loop even in his own party that he did not know what has been going on for the last eight months in terms of Berger and the 9/11 findings. When he found out, he went freaking nuts because he's afraid the Republicans were going to spring "Berger" on him right before the Election, so he and his advisors came up with this fairly clever scheme to leak the story themselves, and blame it on Republicans trying to deflect attention away from the 9/11 report. Of course, he still doesn't know the whole truth, because if he did, he would know it was completely unnecessary to throw Berger to the wolves...Ashcroft was protecting Berger and will continue to do so unless the media calls loudly for charges against Berger.

I had suspected that the Dems were responsible for the outing of Berger, because the Republicans had nothing to gain.  They new the report wasn't going to rip the Prez, so why divert attention.  At the same time, the Dems would also know that the report was not going to be negative for Bush and thus, outed Berger to divert attention.  I figured that part out on my own.  I had no idea it went this deep though.

Supersoulty,

I did not believe that anything this big existed either. On some level, I understand the need to keep it quiet, especially if you are a Democrat. Remember what I said though....it was Kerry's people who leaked the story, not the DNC, in this subject they have different agendas.

True.  Do you think Kerry would out his own party to win the White House though?  That is, if he found out, would it stick to him too?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2004, 11:50:42 PM »

Mark, what is your email?
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2004, 11:51:40 PM »

By the time this race starts down the last leg, someone is going to let it all out.  They are too partisan not to.  It only takes one person you know.  If one side spills it, the other will let it out immediately.
MarkDel

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2004, 11:52:32 PM »

Supersoulty,

Good question...this info might kill his candidacy as well since he's surrounded himself with Clinton foreign policy people like Richard Holbrook and Jamie Rubin. Did you notice that when Kerry became the favorite for the Democratic nomination, all of these Clinton foreign policy guys came out of the woodwork to join his campaign....now it makes more sense to me.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2004, 11:52:44 PM »

If Bush let it lose, do you think he could survive it?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2004, 11:52:56 PM »

What I'm putting together as possible parts to the story.

The Millenium after action report contained something big.  It said something that hurts Clinton.  So why does Berger take photocopies instead of the real thing?  Becuase it also hurts someone else, and the DNC needs the blackmail ammo in case the Commission doesn't sit on the damaging info about Clinton.  He needs the docs in case he has to retaliate.

Who is the other person that gets hurt?  Who does Berger need the goods on?  John Ashcroft.  The After Action report had some kind of warning that the Clinton people didn't act on, but they passed it to Ashcroft and Justice after the administration changeover so those guys could do it.  They didn't, and 9/11 happenned.
MarkDel

« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2004, 11:52:59 PM »

tbnl@tampabay.rr.com
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2004, 11:53:16 PM »

Damn Mark, this stuff is really that bad?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2004, 11:53:51 PM »

Supersoulty,

Good question...this info might kill his candidacy as well since he's surrounded himself with Clinton foreign policy people like Richard Holbrook and Jamie Rubin. Did you notice that when Kerry became the favorite for the Democratic nomination, all of these Clinton foreign policy guys came out of the woodwork to join his campaign....now it makes more sense to me.

Yes, but since I don't have even 1/10 of the facts, I'm still in the dark.
MarkDel

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2004, 11:53:55 PM »

Yes, if he "spun it" the right way.
MarkDel

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2004, 11:55:29 PM »

The Millenium after action report contained something big.  It said something that hurts Clinton.  So why does Berger take photocopies instead of the real thing?  Becuase it also hurts someone else, and the DNC needs the blackmail ammo in case the Commission doesn't sit on the damaging info about Clinton.  He needs the docs in case he has to retaliate.

Who is the other person that gets hurt?  Who does Berger need the goods on?  John Ashcroft.  The After Action report had some kind of warning that the Clinton people didn't act on, but they passed it to Ashcroft and Justice after the administration changeover so those guys could do it.  They didn't, and 9/11 happenned.

John,

Not saying you're right or wrong, but don't forget that Berger is also rumored to have taken some of his old hand-written notes that were in the archive...and they would be originals with no copies....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2004, 11:56:25 PM »

There might have been personal notes writen on some of the memos, too.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2004, 11:57:37 PM »

So the DNC is way further over the barrel on this one?
MarkDel

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2004, 11:59:38 PM »

So the DNC is way further over the barrel on this one?

Oh yeah...
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2004, 12:01:08 AM »

Ah, but if Berger took the notes and destoyed them, with no copies, no one can prove it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2004, 12:01:36 AM »

Mark.

Done.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2004, 12:02:26 AM »

?
MarkDel

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2004, 12:04:13 AM »

Ah, but if Berger took the notes and destoyed them, with no copies, no one can prove it.

Unless the people who work at the National Archives secretly made copies of stuff they SUSPECTED he would take after his first trip...and then gave those copies to the Attorney General's Office...and Berger made no fewer than FIVE different trips to steal documents.
MarkDel

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2004, 12:04:46 AM »

John,

Send me an e-mail. Keep it vague.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2004, 12:06:32 AM »

Yipes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7