Roy Moore 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:20:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Roy Moore 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roy Moore 2004  (Read 29920 times)
Taft
Rookie

« on: February 04, 2004, 01:28:03 AM »

Frankly, I had been trying to find a candidate I could give a damn about for the general election.  I could deal with Edwards given his charisma.  Kerry?  No way.  Then there's Bush, who I don't like and whom, following his budget escapades, needs a challenge from the right.  So, I've been SOL for a little while.  I'd support Moore as a protest to Bush, rather than as a serious contender.  Besides, I think Nader's going to run again as well.

Ironic note: Third parties tend to do better when their counterpart major party is doing either very well or very poorly because then the voters feel less need to support their major party(because it's either sunk or doing fine without them).
Taft
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 06:54:34 PM »

I think he could poll about 6-8% across the South as a whole, and probably 3-5% in the Rockies since most of those states are very conservative(using the Wallace example, those states went more in his favor than most states did, and they also gave the AIP 1-3% in '72).  If Bush wins big, it could also make a mess of the South and he might get the Constitution Party to the 5% mark.

On a sidenote, does anyone recall what happened to the GOP having trouble making the Alabama ballot access laws?  I remember hearing that, since the convention was so late, they were missing the Alabama deadline.  That could get entertaining if Moore's on the ballot and Bush isn't...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies