What is something "election twitter" fundamentally misunderstands about this election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is something "election twitter" fundamentally misunderstands about this election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is something "election twitter" fundamentally misunderstands about this election?  (Read 264 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2024, 03:24:43 PM »

Discuss.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 03:30:01 PM »

I mean I could probably think about some things if i tried hard enough but on balance, I actually think ET as a whole has a way better grasp on the election than most people do, especially moreso than journalists and pundits.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 03:30:13 PM »

Right leaning election Twitter doesn’t understand how important the spending gap could be in the swing states. I’m not talking about ads, I’m talking literal gotv operations. They matter.

Left leaning Twitter doesn’t understand that, no matter how factually correct the graphs may be, showing people graphs about the economy doesn’t work vs vibes.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 03:44:57 PM »

That the average voter pays attention to what happens on Twitter.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 08:14:18 PM »

Right leaning election Twitter doesn’t understand how important the spending gap could be in the swing states. I’m not talking about ads, I’m talking literal gotv operations. They matter.

Left leaning Twitter doesn’t understand that, no matter how factually correct the graphs may be, showing people graphs about the economy doesn’t work vs vibes.

No, let me explain to you with FACTS and LOGIC why you have more money than you think!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2024, 08:29:56 PM »

No, let me explain to you with FACTS and LOGIC why you have more money than you think!

I think some of it is people on the left pointing out a lot of negative economic sentiment is because of negative media around the economy. if everyone around you is saying the economy is bad, regardless of your circumstances you'll be more likely to agree it's bad and look for the bad things and vise-versa.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies