Is Ron Paul "cool"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:05:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is Ron Paul "cool"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is Ron Paul "cool"?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Is Ron Paul "cool"?  (Read 8812 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »

the constitution should be an evolving and flexible document.

take your beloved second amendment for example.  do you think the founding fathers ever imagined that in 2007 there would be 7 year olds shooting 8 year olds with something called a handgun?

doubtful.

Show me to the link of this story about the 7 year old shooting the 8 year old.

Exactly.

http://www.boston.com/news/education/k_12/articles/2007/06/26/seven_year_old_child_fatally_shoots_8_year_old_cousin_in_boston_home/

now call me a radical because i want to rid the country of these goddamned things.

Sure. Let's outlaw handguns and watch as they all magically disappear, the country rid of them, and they are impossible to get because we all know outlawing something makes it so difficult to get. Hell look at pot. We all know that it's sooooooooo difficult to get pot now, right?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 09:47:10 PM »

take your beloved second amendment for example.  do you think the founding fathers ever imagined that in 2007 there would be 7 year olds shooting 8 year olds with something called a handgun?

doubtful.

Show me to the link of this story about the 7 year old shooting the 8 year old.

Exactly.

http://www.boston.com/news/education/k_12/articles/2007/06/26/seven_year_old_child_fatally_shoots_8_year_old_cousin_in_boston_home/

now call me a radical because i want to rid the country of these goddamned things.

Sure. Let's outlaw handguns and watch as they all magically disappear, the country rid of them, and they are impossible to get because we all know outlawing something makes it so difficult to get. Hell look at pot. We all know that it's sooooooooo difficult to get pot now, right?

BRTD, your pro-gun?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »

no, the nature of the Constitution is that it is not an evolving document.  Unless of course you hate democracy and want the courts to decide everything.
Flexible and evolving document advocates is a large part of why the nation is currently in such a bad shape.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »

No.  Ron Paul is not cool.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 11:52:33 PM »

Why am I the only Democrat on the forum who doesn't show hostility to a man who has fought for liberty and peace better than almost anyone else in Congress? Yes, Paul's economic views are insane and I don't share them. But when it comes to nanny-stating, the authoritarianism of the Bush administration, and the US's growing militarism and imperialism, there has been hardly anyone in Congress who has fought against all that better than Ron Paul. And for that he has my respect, and my support over all the other jokers running for the nomination.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 12:12:17 AM »

Why am I the only Democrat on the forum who doesn't show hostility to a man who has fought for liberty and peace better than almost anyone else in Congress? Yes, Paul's economic views are insane and I don't share them. But when it comes to nanny-stating, the authoritarianism of the Bush administration, and the US's growing militarism and imperialism, there has been hardly anyone in Congress who has fought against all that better than Ron Paul. And for that he has my respect, and my support over all the other jokers running for the nomination.

I'm not hostile towards Ron Paul.  If the debate and main issues are personal social issues, almost any libertarian is my friend.  When it comes to economic issues, Ron Paul is way too extreme.

In a perfect scenario, I'd never vote for Ron Paul, because the government wouldn't have a say in my personal/social life and would instead focus on important things like education, health care, and infrastructure.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 12:38:58 AM »

I've said this once, and I'll say it again

Time to switch, BRTD.

Ron Paul's views are apauling.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »

I've said this once, and I'll say it again

Time to switch, BRTD.

Ron Paul's views are apauling.

His economic views, yes. But his views against the nanny state, police state, and imperialism are excellent. I don't agree with the Libertarians on economics at all, so why should I switch?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 01:28:39 AM »

Get rid of the second sentence and I agree whole-heartedly.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 02:11:58 AM »

Amongst the Conservative group here at Univ of Texas Ron Paul is a heavy favourite amongst my friends and people I talk with, a little of that is due to the fact were Texans, but I do really think it comes from his sharp contrast with the other candidates, students here and around the US seem to be in tune to the things he says (the Republican children of course)

Myself, when some kids start talking about how he'd be a great President, I just sort of squint my eyes and look at something far away. Of course I can't decide who I'm voting for yet so I'm none the better.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 09:53:32 PM »

Hell Yeah!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

He is supported by a crazy coalition of people who support mandatory surveillance of all mosques, white nationalists, anarchists, social darwinists, and homeschooling creationists.

The fact that he has become popular with Internet users who think that opposing the Iraq war is the only issue that matters is pretty depressing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 12:51:29 PM »

He is supported by a crazy coalition of people who support mandatory surveillance of all mosques

Why? Paul would never support something like that.

My brother supports Paul though and he doesn't fall into any of those categories. He supports Paul because Paul supports abolishment of all regulations on gambling.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 01:12:06 PM »

He's cool to those who haven't examined his extremist economic policy.
^^^
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »

He is supported by a crazy coalition of people who support mandatory surveillance of all mosques

Why? Paul would never support something like that.

My brother supports Paul though and he doesn't fall into any of those categories. He supports Paul because Paul supports abolishment of all regulations on gambling.

Yes, but a libertarian (who support Ron Paul) on this forum does - that was Ebowed's point.

Ron Paul is cool to the crazy I suppose.. in saying that, he is one of the better men in congress.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 01:38:33 PM »

I think a lot of young people think he is - but I don't.  I still love the fact that Huckabee beat the crap out of him in the last debate.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 01:41:47 PM »

I've seen a few cars around here with Ron Paul bumper stickers... I don't think he's really cool, though.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2007, 06:20:02 PM by angus »

oh, yeah.  he's a white-haired version of Elvis.  all the chicks want to do him.  all the guys want to be him.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »

Ron Paul's one of the few reasons I remain a Republican. Truely a great man. Yes some of his supporters are …enthusiastic, but even if you disagree with him on everything, I think you have to admire any politician nowadays who can attract energectic support, and get youth intrested in politics. So yes, he's cool.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 06:31:12 PM »

Ron Paul's one of the few reasons I remain a Republican. Truely a great man. Yes some of his supporters are …enthusiastic, but even if you disagree with him on everything, I think you have to admire any politician nowadays who can attract energectic support, and get youth intrested in politics. So yes, he's cool.

I share your sentiments about Ron Paul.  I'll definitely caucus for him.  So if the "coolness" test is "does angus support his candidacy?" then, yeah, he's cool.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007, 12:05:34 PM »

Cooler than a cucumber in ice on planet Pluto.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2007, 02:59:09 PM »

"cool" as in "near room tempature"?

If so, than yes.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2007, 03:32:01 PM »

I wonder how many young Ron Paul aficionados are cognizant of any of his stances on issues other than Iraq, foreign policy in general, and drugs.

Although he's certainly be entertaining. I hope he doesn't drop out until the GOP Convention.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2007, 07:23:54 PM »

I think a lot of young people think he is - but I don't.  I still love the fact that Huckabee beat the crap out of him in the last debate.

So, repeating the word "honor" in the face of common sense is beating the crap out of someone?
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »

So, repeating the word "honor" in the face of common sense is beating the crap out of someone?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies