The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:11:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172734 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: January 09, 2009, 11:38:40 PM »

As much as I would like for him to be appointed, he doesn't strike me as very active. I could be wrong, though.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #451 on: January 10, 2009, 01:46:59 AM »

Vacancy in Midwest Senate Seat
by South Park Conservative

As expected, former PPT Senator Lewis Trondheim resigned today, leaving the Midwest Senate seat vacant. The responsibility for filling this vacancy rests with Midwest ilikeverin ilikeverin, a possible candidate for the seat in February. Aside from himself, possible appointments include ican'tbelieveit'snotilikeverin GMantis, former ican'tbelieveit'snotilikeverin dead0man, and former justice TCash.

Why did he resign, and why was it expected?  Did I miss something?

At the end of the last senate, Lewis announced that he would be stepping down at PPT and would probably resign before the end of the new senate, "possibly as early as next week".

What was the reason though?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #452 on: January 10, 2009, 03:05:10 AM »

Vacancy in Midwest Senate Seat

As expected, former PPT Senator Lewis Trondheim resigned today, leaving the Midwest Senate seat vacant. The responsibility for filling this vacancy rests with Midwest ilikeverin ilikeverin, a possible candidate for the seat in February. Aside from himself, possible appointments include ican'tbelieveit'snotilikeverin GMantis, former ican'tbelieveit'snotilikeverin dead0man, and former justice TCash.

Why did he resign, and why was it expected?  Did I miss something?

At the end of the last senate, Lewis announced that he would be stepping down at PPT and would probably resign before the end of the new senate, "possibly as early as next week".

What was the reason though?

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »

Ilikeverin Appoints Self Senator, Ends Ilikeverinship

Now-former ilikeverin ilikeverin appointed himself to Lewis Trondheim's vacant senate seat today, as Lewis Trondheim wished. This appointment now puts ilikeverin's over two years as ilikeverin to an end, as now-former ican'tbelieveit'snotverin GMantis ascends to the ilikeverinship. Former Senator Trondheim has declared his candidacy for the ican'tbelieveit'snotverinship. Ilikeverin should be a safe bet for re-election in February should he seek it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »

Maybe ilikeverin will hold the Senate seat for two years like he did with the ilikeverinship. Wink
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2009, 06:30:43 PM »

Maybe ilikeverin will hold the Senate seat for two years like he did with the ilikeverinship. Wink

Most likely that is the case. I believe Trondheim held the seat for a year and a half.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »

President Bgwah Holds 59% Approval

In a poll commisioned by the National Weekly Atlasian, it would found that nearly 59% of Atlasians approve of his job performance, with 41% disapproving. 35% thought his performance was excellent, 23% thought it was good, 18% thought it was fair, and 23% thought it was poor. The poll also found that if President Bgwah were to run for re-election, 59% would vote for him, and 41% would not vote for him.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2009, 08:12:07 PM by Senator SPC »

Regional PVI Scores Out

The National Weekly Atlasian has decided to make Partisan Voting Index Scores for each region. Our methodology was to take everyone who cast a valid vote in the last election, look up their partisan registration, take the plurality party in each region, and compare that to national partisanship. Since Atlasia is a multipartisan country, we could not take simple margins of victory and compare them, but we had to compare them to everyone who isn't a member of that party. For example, in the Southeast, we took the margin of RPPers to non-RPPers, took the national margin of RPPers to non-RPPers, and subtracted the difference. Here are the scores:

Mideast: Regional Protection Party +15.2
Midwest: Social Democratic Party +32.7
Northeast: National Liberal Coalition +39.8
Pacific: Jesus Christ Party +54.6
Southeast: Regional Protection Party +88.2

Hopefully, the National Weekly Atlasian will do this on a bi-monthly basis.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

At least among those who voted in the December election. Also, interesting to note is that the Southeast is the only region where any party has a majority of voters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »

At least among those who voted in the December election. Also, interesting to note is that the Southeast is the only region where any party has a majority of voters.

Yep. I'm waiting for the SDP to attempt to break the RPP's strength in the Southeast like they tried to do to the JCP in the Pacific. Maybe they chickened out.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »

I think we're content with letting the RPP rule over Southeast. We're competitive in every other region.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »

Glad to see the Mideast on the side of the RPP Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #463 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »

Not at all.  Plus I don't see how any party has a score over the single digits in the region. We from my view are an extremely non partisan region.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #464 on: January 11, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2009, 10:31:11 PM by Senator SPC »

Not at all.  Plus I don't see how any party has a score over the single digits in the region. We from my view are an extremely non partisan region.

There were 13 voters from the Mideast in the last election, and out of them 5 were RPPers. Nationally, there were 17 RPPers out of 55 voters, and if one does the math that leads to the 15.2% figure, which is kind of misleading. Even so, the Mideast still is the closest region to the national average.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #465 on: January 11, 2009, 10:32:11 PM »

There were 13 voters from the Mideast in the last election, and out of them 5 were RPPers. Nationally, there were 17 out of 54 RPPers, and if one does the math that leads to the 15.2% figure, which is kind of misleading.

Furthermore, the Mideastern RPP comprises 1 conservative, 1 libertarian, 1 liberal, 1 left-populist, & 2 right-populists. It has a numerical advantage over the other parties there, but with such disparate views it can't really agree on anything outside of the RPP's most basic plank of advocating regional power.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #466 on: January 12, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »

the Mideast hasn't been non-partisan for long. It used to be a Utah-esque lock for the PLP in every race.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »

I think we're content with letting the RPP rule over Southeast. We're competitive in every other region.
The Mideast is suddenly becoming battleground city
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #468 on: January 12, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #469 on: January 12, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #470 on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

Hear Hear!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #471 on: January 12, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »

Hear Hear!

And get involved as we craft our party in the DA Convention here.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #472 on: January 12, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #473 on: January 12, 2009, 11:07:16 PM »

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Where do you get either of those ideas?  The DA is just as active and has just as many capable members as either party.  We have fewer members overall but that can be soon resolved.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #474 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »

Where do you get either of those ideas?  The DA is just as active and has just as many capable members as either party.  We have fewer members overall but that can be soon resolved.

You're constrained on the left by the SDP and constrained on the right by us. Either the DA will move in one direction or the other, but without moving one way or the other it's not likely to become powerful.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies