Evangelical Preacher Goes Viral Talking About the Trump Bible
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Evangelical Preacher Goes Viral Talking About the Trump Bible
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Evangelical Preacher Goes Viral Talking About the Trump Bible  (Read 1288 times)
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »

I prefer Jeremiah Wright's "God Damn America" sermon.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2024, 10:37:04 AM »

Really do not understand the left wing obsession this month over the SANCTITY of the Bible. Who cares?

It almost makes me want to get my special edition to trigger the fundamentalists, who are a far greater danger than any other ideology. The reactionary tendencies of the majority of organized Christian groups have increased significantly over the last two years. These hate groups need to be infiltrated and stamped out of existence.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2024, 11:03:57 AM »

Really do not understand the left wing obsession this month over the SANCTITY of the Bible. Who cares?

It almost makes me want to get my special edition to trigger the fundamentalists, who are a far greater danger than any other ideology. The reactionary tendencies of the majority of organized Christian groups have increased significantly over the last two years. These hate groups need to be infiltrated and stamped out of existence.

I mentioned this in a different thread, but biblical illiteracy is the problem here. The vast majority of evangelicals have never read the Bible (and 99.9% of people on the left have never even opened it) and the evangelicals that have read it rely very heavily on notes and commentary from what we can basically just call evangelical "influencers". Generations have been convinced that they're going to get raptured out of their clothes while they're shopping at Sears, even though none of that crap is in the Bible.

The greatest cure for this is to get these people to crack open a Bible and read it without any of the schizophrenic commentary, but most of them are never going to do it.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2024, 11:16:25 AM »

I mentioned this in a different thread, but biblical illiteracy is the problem here. The vast majority of evangelicals have never read the Bible (and 99.9% of people on the left have never even opened it) and the evangelicals that have read it rely very heavily on notes and commentary from what we can basically just call evangelical "influencers". Generations have been convinced that they're going to get raptured out of their clothes while they're shopping at Sears, even though none of that crap is in the Bible.

The greatest cure for this is to get these people to crack open a Bible and read it without any of the schizophrenic commentary, but most of them are never going to do it.

Ironcially yes. There are polls that show that evangelicals often spout off false and heretical theology without even knowing it, while being homophobic to the core.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2024, 11:27:16 AM »

Ironcially yes. There are polls that show that evangelicals often spout off false and heretical theology without even knowing it, while being homophobic to the core.

We've got a guy in here saying that if someone is guilty of blasphemy, he'd be dead. Nevermind that Jesus Christ clearly says that all blasphemy can be forgiven except the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost, and even in that case, he said it in response to scribes and pharisees that accused him of being in league with Satan. Those scribes and pharisees were not struck dead for blasphemy at that moment, in fact they were probably the same ones that got Jesus crucified at the end of his ministry.

The only way to believe such a thing is to have never critically read the Bible. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just how it is. I'd say the same thing if someone told me that Anna Karenina immigrated to America to become a country singer at the end of the story. You just didn't read Anna Karenina very well, lol. 
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2024, 11:48:51 AM »

I’m left of center and a Christian. I care about desecrations of the Bible, not just this month but anytime. You can’t complain about something that hasn’t happened yet. Trump only recently “endorsed” his version of the Bible as part of his latest grift. The worst part of that being that many so-called Christians don’t believe that’s a big deal.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2024, 01:40:51 PM »

Some of our blue avatar Evangelicals, here in Atlas, need to click on the link in the OP, and watch the video. They need to hear the preachers words directly in that video.

There have been multiple conservative-leaning Christian posters on here, including ER and myself, who have ripped Trump for this stunt. It's not a popular move among the faithful.

You can rip Trump all you want, but the fact is that if you believe what the Bible says then there are currently tens of millions of people who think they're saved but are actually going straight to hell because they're elevating men, like Trump for example, to god-like status. Evangelicals are silent on this because they care more about secular political accomplishments than any of God's commandments.

I don't think most denominations think that act alone sends you to hell, lol...
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2024, 01:55:52 PM »

Some of our blue avatar Evangelicals, here in Atlas, need to click on the link in the OP, and watch the video. They need to hear the preachers words directly in that video.

There have been multiple conservative-leaning Christian posters on here, including ER and myself, who have ripped Trump for this stunt. It's not a popular move among the faithful.

You can rip Trump all you want, but the fact is that if you believe what the Bible says then there are currently tens of millions of people who think they're saved but are actually going straight to hell because they're elevating men, like Trump for example, to god-like status. Evangelicals are silent on this because they care more about secular political accomplishments than any of God's commandments.

Most Christian fundamentalists would absolutely say that worshiping a man instead of God, or treating a man other than Jesus Christ as though he's equal to God, would send a man to hell if he doesn't repent. Faith alone in Christ alone, yada yada yada.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2024, 03:48:42 PM »

Oh, screw this guy. I'm tired of evangelical crocodile tears. If you weren't sounding the alarm 30 years ago about the depraved, anti-Christ state of this scam religion then I have no interest in what you're saying now. Evangelical "christianity" is no more apostate today than it has been at any point in my lifetime. It's been an unbiblical end-times doomsday cult since before the vast majority of this forum was born.

It doesn’t matter why people is opposed to Trump, it only matters that they’re opposed to Trump. If someone end up voting on Biden because they think Trump is a lizard person, or because they think he’s controlled by ZOG or some other brainless reason, who cares?
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2024, 06:15:54 PM »

We've got a guy in here saying that if someone is guilty of blasphemy, he'd be dead. Nevermind that Jesus Christ clearly says that all blasphemy can be forgiven except the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost, and even in that case, he said it in response to scribes and pharisees that accused him of being in league with Satan. Those scribes and pharisees were not struck dead for blasphemy at that moment, in fact they were probably the same ones that got Jesus crucified at the end of his ministry.

The only way to believe such a thing is to have never critically read the Bible. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just how it is. I'd say the same thing if someone told me that Anna Karenina immigrated to America to become a country singer at the end of the story. You just didn't read Anna Karenina very well, lol. 

Blasphemy IS aggrieving the Holy Ghost, period.  If it's not against the Holy Ghost, it's something else.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2024, 07:05:24 PM »

It’s blasphemous for Americans to conceive of their government as a covenant between themselves and God? Was it blasphemous for the Israelites to do the same? This guy is a hack!
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2024, 07:29:17 PM »

Blasphemy IS aggrieving the Holy Ghost, period.  If it's not against the Holy Ghost, it's something else.
Lol.

Conservative evangelicals often have the most radical reinterpretations of the Bible.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2024, 09:42:10 PM »

It’s blasphemous for Americans to conceive of their government as a covenant between themselves and God? Was it blasphemous for the Israelites to do the same? This guy is a hack!

The covenants between Jehovah God and Israel in the Old Testament are different than the Covenant between Jesus and Believers in the New Testament.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2024, 09:48:05 PM »

If it were truly Blasphemy, God would strike Donald Trump dead.  There is no forgiveness for blasphemy, and no further purpose for someone's life who commits the sin of aggrieving the Holy Ghost in such a manner.  That hasn't happened.

Wait, what? If a person is alive, they automatically haven't committed blasphemy because God literally kills anyone who does this? You seriously believe this?

The unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, not blasphemy in general.  I haven't studied that in depth, but my understanding is that it means attributing the work of God to the Devil.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2024, 09:51:22 PM »

Most Christian fundamentalists would absolutely say that worshiping a man instead of God, or treating a man other than Jesus Christ as though he's equal to God, would send a man to hell if he doesn't repent. Faith alone in Christ alone, yada yada yada.

Everyone is sinful by nature, and most (or dare I say all) of us have idolized one thing or another.  But, that doesn't doom someone to Hell if they've accepted Christ as their Savior.  Yes, idolizing Trump (or any politician) is a sin, but it's not some special sin that makes Salvation impossible.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »

Everyone is sinful by nature, and most (or dare I say all) of us have idolized one thing or another.  But, that doesn't doom someone to Hell if they've accepted Christ as their Savior.  Yes, idolizing Trump (or any politician) is a sin, but it's not some special sin that makes Salvation impossible.

I'm not talking about people who idolize him. I am talking about people who worship him. For millions of evangelicals, Trump has become a messianic figure. If you can't see this then you are out of touch with your own people.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2024, 10:32:08 PM »

If it were truly Blasphemy, God would strike Donald Trump dead.  There is no forgiveness for blasphemy, and no further purpose for someone's life who commits the sin of aggrieving the Holy Ghost in such a manner.  That hasn't happened.

Wait, what? If a person is alive, they automatically haven't committed blasphemy because God literally kills anyone who does this? You seriously believe this?

The unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, not blasphemy in general.  I haven't studied that in depth, but my understanding is that it means attributing the work of God to the Devil.

Do you believe that God is actively out there killing people who commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, and that if someone is alive, that means that the person didn't commit such blasphemy after all?

I've give Fuzzy Bear some credit for consistency on this. Back during the notorious Lil Nas X thread with his devil shoes, a lot of blue avatars were calling the shoes "blasphemous" but Fuzzy came in and stated that the shoes are actually not blasphemous because Lil Nas X is still alive.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2024, 10:41:21 PM »

If it were truly Blasphemy, God would strike Donald Trump dead.  There is no forgiveness for blasphemy, and no further purpose for someone's life who commits the sin of aggrieving the Holy Ghost in such a manner.  That hasn't happened.

Do you believe that God is actively out there killing people who commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, and that if someone is alive, that means that the person didn't commit such blasphemy after all?

I've give Fuzzy Bear some credit for consistency on this. Back during the notorious Lil Nas X thread with his devil shoes, a lot of blue avatars were calling the shoes "blasphemous" but Fuzzy came in and stated that the shoes are actually not blasphemous because Lil Nas X is still alive.

I would say not necessarily.  I also saw a definition of it as "continuing to reject Christ".  I probably need to do more research into that passage, but I do not interpret it as saying that God would immediately strike someone down.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2024, 08:10:30 AM »

The covenants between Jehovah God and Israel in the Old Testament are different than the Covenant between Jesus and Believers in the New Testament.

Do you worship a living God or a dead God? Was your God the God of Abraham, or is your God the God of Abraham?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2024, 09:29:36 AM »

It's not Trump bible it's a Secular Bible and so is the Torah and no one that fav the rich I don't care if he is elected Prez or not and give tax cuts should be honored on the Bible

Christ with Pharasiees and Moses with Pharaoh took offense to rich

Bankers control the R party and even if Trump is Prez he doesn't serve poor do you know how many homeless people are we need another stimulus check just 1 more for everyone and we need reparations on raising taxes on people making 200K
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2024, 09:33:57 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2024, 09:38:27 AM by Crumpets »

Hot take: Trump shouldn't just put the Constitution and the KJV Bible back-to-back and call it a day. Very lazy! If he were a real national leader, he'd re-write both himself into one combined text like Türkmenbaşy's Ruhnama. No lie, I would 100% buy and read it. And so would everyone else!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2024, 06:30:32 PM »

Do you worship a living God or a dead God? Was your God the God of Abraham, or is your God the God of Abraham?

My God is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  The people who lived in Old Testament times did not have the full revelation of God that we have obtained through Christ.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2024, 10:46:40 AM »

Which is weird because the Bible isn't even that hard to read or understand. I know a lot of people get intimidated by all that "Thou Shalt"s and "Unto thee"s in the King James Version, but the KJV hasn't been universal for a very long time, with even most Evangelical Churches now using the NIV, which is easily accessible to the average person.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2024, 10:50:51 AM »

Which is weird because the Bible isn't even that hard to read or understand. I know a lot of people get intimidated by all that "Thou Shalt"s and "Unto thee"s in the King James Version, but the KJV hasn't been universal for a very long time, with even most Evangelical Churches now using the NIV, which is easily accessible to the average person.

It's a very ancient style of literature regardless of translation. It's not written like pulp novels or self-help books, and most books in the Bible require some historical knowledge to fully understand and appreciate. They don't want to put that kind of effort into the Bible so they just listen to hucksters that tell them every ambiguous verse is actually a reference to current events or the rapture.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2024, 12:33:26 PM »

It’s blasphemous for Americans to conceive of their government as a covenant between themselves and God?

Not what he said,  but yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies