A Question For Pro-Palestine Posters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  A Question For Pro-Palestine Posters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Question For Pro-Palestine Posters  (Read 1038 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2024, 07:45:41 PM »

Note: I'm not referring to the posters who simply hate Bibi or want a two-state solution; I'm referring to the posters who continue to support the causes of Palestinian nationalism and liberation even after 10/7. What do you see in supporting your viewpoint, and do you believe that the Palestinian government would do a better job of protecting marginalized groups compared to Israel?
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 05:11:03 PM »

Israel is a white settler colony perpetuating genocide against the Palestinian people.

Not my opinion, but that is the argument.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 06:12:36 PM »

Israel is a white settler colony perpetuating genocide against the Palestinian people.

Not my opinion, but that is the argument.

Is it? That isn't my argument, it isn't the argument of Pro-Palestinian people I know in real life.

This is like saying that every single person sympathetic to Israel is a settler who wants to pave over Gaza.

To OP, honestly I don't know about whether a 'Government in Palestine' would be better or worse for certain minorities at this point since such a government, and its composition, is pretty much unfathomable right now. Under the current leaders that have been allowed to consolidate authority during decades of squalor the Palestinians have had to live through? No, it's highly unlikely.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 02:28:42 PM »

To OP, honestly I don't know about whether a 'Government in Palestine' would be better or worse for certain minorities at this point since such a government, and its composition, is pretty much unfathomable right now. Under the current leaders that have been allowed to consolidate authority during decades of squalor the Palestinians have had to live through? No, it's highly unlikely.
I'm having a really hard time coming up with a path for them that doesn't lead to Hamas (or a Hamas like organization) being in charge.  One way or the other, a LOT of Palestinians are going to kill each other figuring it out.

And if the answer involves outside forces, why can't we do that and leave Israel alone?  And who/where are those outside forces and why aren't they doing something about it now or in the past?  And won't they have many of the same problems you guys have with the IDF today?  A lot of civilians are going to die, that's how Hamas operates, it is impossible to destroy them without doing it.  Unless you all truly believe that Israel is somehow unique in their cruelty?  Which seems an odd thing to think what with access to wikipedia and everything else.
Arizona Iced Pee
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 02:55:42 PM »

I hate Israel and Palestine equally.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 05:27:23 PM »

A Palestinian killed RFK St, Israel just existed, so it's not the same, Palestine is very close to Iran
Arizona Iced Pee
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 06:34:14 PM »

A Palestinian killed RFK St, Israel just existed, so it's not the same, Palestine is very close to Iran

I hate Iran, too. I hate everybody.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 07:08:01 PM »

Putting "the Palestinian government" (nonexistent) in charge of the whole area is not the solution. The solution is a single state with democratic rights for every single person living inside of it and heavy controls to curb ethnonationalism and intra-community violence.

Israel does not do a good job of protecting marginalized groups, to say the least, as we have seen from the last six months in Gaza. I don't trust the state of Israel in its current form to ever fully give Palestinians equal rights. A different solution is needed.

"Palestinian nationalism" is different than Palestinian liberation. Liberation means liberation for all.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 08:17:58 PM »

A democratic multi-ethnic state where Arabs and Jews reside and have the same equal rights under a new constitution. The Palestine of past will be replicated, as it was for many years, a nation which  had a peaceful co-existence among all of the ethnicities. Jerusalem would be a United Nations moderated city, as the Holy Land for the Abrahamic religions should not beholden to a sovereign nation. Settlements would be stop and the land will be rightfully returned to the indignious, as citizens with voices, instead of foreign people coming in free because of their ethnicity is approved by the state. Military service will not be required by the law, as true peace will be achieved in the Middle East if we move past from the atrocities of the IDF.

Roger Waters had a wonderful video about the subject at hand. Watch the link below.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2024, 08:57:28 PM »

A democratic multi-ethnic state where Arabs and Jews reside and have the same equal rights under a new constitution. The Palestine of past will be replicated, as it was for many years, a nation which  had a peaceful co-existence among all of the ethnicities. Jerusalem would be a United Nations moderated city, as the Holy Land for the Abrahamic religions should not beholden to a sovereign nation. Settlements would be stop and the land will be rightfully returned to the indignious, as citizens with voices, instead of foreign people coming in free because of their ethnicity is approved by the state. Military service will not be required by the law, as true peace will be achieved in the Middle East if we move past from the atrocities of the IDF.

Roger Waters had a wonderful video about the subject at hand. Watch the link below.

Once upon a time, we were promised that this would be what Lebanon would be like.  Today, Lebanon is a Terrorist Hellhole, where Hezbollah holds sway.

The Palestinians would not allow Jews into Palestine, by order of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, blocked Jews from escaping from Europe to Palestine, thanks to the Grand Mufti collaborating with Hitler.  They supported the annihilation of Israel in 1948, in 1967, and in 1973.  To this day, they deny Israel's right to exist within ANY boundaries.  The difference between Hamas and al-Fatah is one of degree of rhetoric; neither embraces democracy, and neither acknowledges Israel's right to exist.  Until that changes, I do not care about a single grievance the Palestinians may have.  And given the source of their funding (Iran), I have little doubt that any "one-state" solution would be an Islamic state modeled after Iran where Jews would be at the mercy of people that hate them. 
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2024, 09:49:48 PM »

I'm literally Palestinian sooo
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2024, 06:44:19 AM »

Note: I'm not referring to the posters who simply hate Bibi or want a two-state solution; I'm referring to the posters who continue to support the causes of Palestinian nationalism and liberation even after 10/7. What do you see in supporting your viewpoint, and do you believe that the Palestinian government would do a better job of protecting marginalized groups compared to Israel?

To support a two state solution you have to support Palestinian nationalism
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2024, 03:17:21 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2024, 04:30:52 PM by dead0man »

Putting "the Palestinian government" (nonexistent) in charge of the whole area is not the solution. The solution is a single state with democratic rights for every single person living inside of it and heavy controls to curb ethnonationalism and intra-community violence.

Israel does not do a good job of protecting marginalized groups, to say the least, as we have seen from the last six months in Gaza. I don't trust the state of Israel in its current form to ever fully give Palestinians equal rights. A different solution is needed.

"Palestinian nationalism" is different than Palestinian liberation. Liberation means liberation for all.
A democratic multi-ethnic state where Arabs and Jews reside and have the same equal rights under a new constitution. The Palestine of past will be replicated, as it was for many years, a nation which  had a peaceful co-existence among all of the ethnicities. Jerusalem would be a United Nations moderated city, as the Holy Land for the Abrahamic religions should not beholden to a sovereign nation. Settlements would be stop and the land will be rightfully returned to the indignious, as citizens with voices, instead of foreign people coming in free because of their ethnicity is approved by the state. Military service will not be required by the law, as true peace will be achieved in the Middle East if we move past from the atrocities of the IDF.

what happens to Hamas and Hamas sympathizers in this "peaceful coexistence utopia"?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2024, 04:27:06 PM »

what happens to Hamas and Hamas sympathizers in this "peaceful coexistence utopia"?

The same thing that happens to ben gvir types: they have to suck it up or be put away.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2024, 05:06:46 PM »

Amazing how pro-Putin idiots are being rehabilitated by you losers just because they hate Israel (also Roger Waters has a much longer record on anti-Semitism than this)

The vast, vast majority of young people in this country hate Jewish people, and Atlas is no exception apparently.
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2024, 07:29:39 PM »

The vast, vast majority of young people in this country hate Jewish people, and Atlas is no exception apparently.

This is literally no different to thinking that the government implanted a mind control chip in your skull while you were sleeping and also all your neighbours are FBI agents sent to spy on you.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2024, 10:20:22 PM »

The same thing that happens to ben gvir types: they have to suck it up or be put away.

This is an observation that is, rightly, probably going to be hard for the Waterses of the world to spin in a utopian way, but unironically probably one of the best semi-realistic outcomes at this point is a Bosnia-type situation where the Ben Gvirs and Haniyehs of the world can emptily scream threats of genocide at one another to their hearts' content in the Knesset plenum while hilariously corrupt "moderates" in both communities--all communities, really, since neither Israel nor Palestine is exactly an internally homogeneous society--keep the ship of state above water.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2024, 10:26:51 PM »

This is an observation that is, rightly, probably going to be hard for the Waterses of the world to spin in a utopian way, but unironically probably one of the best semi-realistic outcomes at this point is a Bosnia-type situation where the Ben Gvirs and Haniyehs of the world can emptily scream threats of genocide at one another to their hearts' content in the Knesset plenum while hilariously corrupt "moderates" in both communities--all communities, really, since neither Israel nor Palestine is exactly an internally homogeneous society--keep the ship of state above water.

That's what I've been saying, a Bosnia and Herzegovina solution might work. I assume they have the weakest federal government in the world.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2024, 09:33:14 AM »

Genuinely depressing that this is our model for how to solve ethnic civil/semi-civil strife in much of the world today. Tongue Given (for example) Lebanon's current economic prospects, that doesn't bode particularly well.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2024, 02:54:49 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2024, 02:58:17 PM by All Along The Watchtower »

Disarm the extremists/militias on both sides, integrate them into the reconstituted (and retrained) Israel-Palestine (or is that Palestine-Israel? Anyway…) Defense Forces and professional police/security forces in general to establish a state monopoly on violence, order, rule of law, and the like. Crack down hard on the irreconcilables (again, on both sides) while also providing plenty of positive material and political incentives for peace and reconciliation.

And also, what Nathan said.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2024, 03:30:48 PM »

In current Rwanda there are villages where people literally live next door to neighbours who three decades ago joined in a bloodstained rampage aimed at exterminating them. Not that contemporary Rwanda is the greatest place in the world, but that's what comes to mind when people say "oh it's literally impossible for Israelis and Palestinians to get along because of this or that atrocity": a cycle of violence can just come to an end. France and the German speaking peoples spent many years feeding each others' people to blenders in increasingly bloody wars until they didn't anymore! Iraq nowadays is more stable even despite entering such a brutal wave of atrocities and counter-atrocities an insane cult took over half the country!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2024, 04:06:51 PM »

Either a two state solution or a single, democratic and secular state for equal rights for all would be acceptable. It would also be nice to see people like Netanyahu and Ben Gvir sent to the Hague and prosecuted for war crimes.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2024, 04:47:19 PM »

Good lord, there isn't a single left-wing antisemite you won't gleefully platform, is there?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2024, 04:49:25 PM »

A democratic multi-ethnic state where Arabs and Jews reside and have the same equal rights under a new constitution. The Palestine of past will be replicated, as it was for many years, a nation which  had a peaceful co-existence among all of the ethnicities. Jerusalem would be a United Nations moderated city, as the Holy Land for the Abrahamic religions should not beholden to a sovereign nation. Settlements would be stop and the land will be rightfully returned to the indignious, as citizens with voices, instead of foreign people coming in free because of their ethnicity is approved by the state. Military service will not be required by the law, as true peace will be achieved in the Middle East if we move past from the atrocities of the IDF.

"The Palestine of past will be replicated, as it was for many years, a nation which  had a peaceful co-existence among all of the ethnicities."

When did this Palestine with "peaceful co-existence" among all ethnicities exist? Is it in the room with us now?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2024, 05:06:25 PM »

"The Palestine of past will be replicated, as it was for many years, a nation which  had a peaceful co-existence among all of the ethnicities."

When did this Palestine with "peaceful co-existence" among all ethnicities exist? Is it in the room with us now?

The Palestinian Apologists refuse to acknowledge that the Grand Mufti really happened.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies