Post Vote Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:50:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Post Vote Statement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Post Vote Statement  (Read 1585 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2007, 06:48:21 PM »

Keystone Phil walks out from his polling place in Northeast Philadelphia. He approaches the group of reporters after deciding to make a statement.

Some people said this race was over a long time ago. I knew that neither side should count the votes before they were cast in this race. It's going to be a tight race but, in the end, I believe we have enough support and effort to prevail. Stay tuned, my friends. Stay tuned.

Phil walks away from the group as a smile creeps across his face. He waves to the cameras and then enters his car.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »

True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

Well, I mean you did so much to deserve all those votes.  I mean, your endless campaigning really impressed all of Atlasia [/sarcasm]
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »

Well, I mean you did so much to deserve all those votes.  I mean, your endless campaigning really impressed all of Atlasia [/sarcasm]

Well, clearly life isn't a meritocracy. You've campaigned hard and you now neck 'n neck with Phil; I've campaigned for over a month and I am still getting beaten 4-2.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:25:19 PM »

That nasty tone might just cost you the election, sir. Please be civil.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 03:30:38 AM »

I encourage you and all other libertarians to repeat that as often as possible.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »

If you win it will be pretty pathetic Phil.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 07:55:01 AM »

True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »

So Phil, did you convince Kevin to edit his vote?

Because that would be the only campaignging you would have done.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 11:35:40 AM »

I love the irony of Phil being the candidate of the inactives. Last I remember, he was the one on the case of every inactive voter and candidate. (Yes, I know I've not been the most active poster lately, but I never harassed candidates who received votes from inactives either).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 11:47:42 AM »

So Phil, did you convince Kevin to edit his vote?

Because that would be the only campaignging you would have done.

Ah, here we go.

Kevin editting his vote does nothing. He voted in the wrong Senate race, as was pointed out by Sam Spade and SoFA Gabu. He was allowed to post another ballot. I made him aware of this right. He totally ignored (as expected) my request for him not to edit his ballot. He did edit it, however, and the vote will not count. You don't need to pull your hair out of that one, True Dem.

I love the irony of Phil being the candidate of the inactives. Last I remember, he was the one on the case of every inactive voter and candidate. (Yes, I know I've not been the most active poster lately, but I never harassed candidates who received votes from inactives either).

Candidate of the inactives? First of all, I'm so happy to hear from you again, Akno! Speaking of inactives, when was the last time we were graced with your annoying presence? Secondly, please point out my inactive voters and then take note of True Dems inactive voters.

The personal vendetta is getting old, kid. Find a new hobby.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »

Candidate of the inactives? First of all, I'm so happy to hear from you again, Akno! Speaking of inactives, when was the last time we were graced with your annoying presence? Secondly, please point out my inactive voters and then take note of True Dems inactive voters.

I admitted my lack of activity in my original post. I know it's not ideal, but at the very least I didn't spent the time I was active carrying out a vendetta against inactive voters.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 12:26:34 PM »

I admitted my lack of activity in my original post. I know it's not ideal, but at the very least I didn't spent the time I was active carrying out a vendetta against inactive voters.

Where is my vendetta? Have I said anything in Atlasia about the inactive voters for True Dem? By the way, I'm still waiting for my "inactive" voter list.

My problem is that you seem to surface everytime there is a controversy surrounding myself or something I am involved in, Akno. You have no shame in admitting that you are inactive which basically proves that you are only here to clash with me.

I tried talking to True Dem about all of this yesterday but he insisted on being nasty. I've made my attempts at remaining civil but now I am just going to try to remove myself from these conversations until after the election. I know what some are trying to do...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »

Phil walks outside of his Northeast Philadelphia residence with a prepared statement in hand. He approaches a podium set up on his front steps.

Good afternoon. Eleven hours from now, polls will be closing. This Senate race has been quite heated throughout the weekend and some people have gone a bit too far. I am demanding that my opponent stop harassing my supporters through private messaging. This harassment is completely unwarranted. They do not deserve this. It is clear that my opponent is frustrated but to attack people the way he has, demanding explanations for why they voted the way they did and suggesting that some on my side have offered bribes is outrageous and completely undemocratic in some instances. It is my hope that the remaining hours will go by smoothly. Thank you. I will see you this evening. All are invited to my celebration bash at the Philadelphia Ritz Carlton.

Phil, smiling, stands at the podium for a few seconds and then returns inside.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »

I have no harassed one Phil supporter through PMs.  I ask for proof, which I know he cannot give.

The only Phil voter I even PMed was Bullmoose, but that was yesterday before he made his vote.

Phil, stop telling lies to try to get support.  It doesn't work.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »

I have no harassed one Phil supporter through PMs.  I ask for proof, which I know he cannot give.

The only Phil voter I even PMed was Bullmoose, but that was yesterday before he made his vote.

I'm not telling lies. I said private messaging which could be any means of contacting someone outside of Atlasia. I have been contacted by several people, complaining about your demands of why they voted for me, what I "gave" them for their votes, etc. It's pathetic, sir.

I know things are rough, True Dem, but please don't be a desperate campaigner.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »

I'm not telling lies. I said private messaging which could be any means of contacting someone outside of Atlasia. I have been contacted by several people, complaining about your demands of why they voted for me, what I "gave" them for their votes, etc. It's pathetic, sir.

I know things are rough, True Dem, but please don't be a desperate campaigner.

If you are looking for me to freak out on the forum, it's not going to happen.

I simply contacted some people through AIM to ask why they voted for you.

IIRC, you actually stated in one thread (that I can't find now, maybe it was deleted) that AIM should never be used in regard to a poster's standing on the forum.  But now it seems you are going back on your own word, just like about the activity thing.  Interesting how that happens.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »

If you are looking for me to freak out on the forum, it's not going to happen.

I don't want that. I just want you to stop freaking out my supporters.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's not how they put it. In fact, they stated that their support for me was solidified because of your statements.

Yet I have always condemned harassment through AIM in regards to Atlasian politics.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 12:27:17 AM »

You two, instead of yelling at each other about who voted for who, Phil, can you tell me what you're going to do if elected to the Senate? Since I haven't heard much from you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 12:32:12 AM »

You two, instead of yelling at each other about who voted for who, Phil, can you tell me what you're going to do if elected to the Senate? Since I haven't heard much from you.

My main focus will be on stopping the PPT from becoming the authoritarian that he craves to be. I sense far too much reluctance to stand up to Ebowed from the current Senators. Too much of the legislation is written by him and then easily passed. I will be a serious check on his power as opposed to my opponent, someone who already seems to be a pawn of the powerful Senate leader.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 02:23:49 AM »

My main focus will be on stopping the PPT from becoming the authoritarian that he craves to be.

Please point out any instances where you feel I have been 'authoritarian.'

Too much of the legislation is written by him and then easily passed.

Would you rather we don't do anything?  It's not like you'd introduce any legislation, rotfl.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 04:24:30 AM »

Please point out any instances where you feel I have been 'authoritarian.'

Naso's confirmation hearing. You felt that it was in your power to clearly ignore procedure but I'm sure you'll have some ridiculous reasons for why this was perfectly ok.

Please point out why that is funny and what proof you have of that.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 05:31:56 AM »

Yes, I violated procedure by keeping the hearing open for too long.  I did not ever prohibit a vote from taking place.

Please point out why that is funny and what proof you have of that.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you used to introduce legislation all the time.  And your campaign was chock full of proposals.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you used to introduce legislation all the time.  And your campaign was chock full of proposals.

You're right. I didn't introduce tons of legislation because I was in the Senate for about a month last time, I think.

Again, you're only interested in this race because you have a personal grudge against me and because True Democrat has been known to be a pawn of many others in the past and you want to make him your own.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »

You're right. I didn't introduce tons of legislation because I was in the Senate for about a month last time, I think.

Again, you're only interested in this race because you have a personal grudge against me and because True Democrat has been known to be a pawn of many others in the past and you want to make him your own.

If you want to attack me for being a pawn (which is certainly isn't true), at least do it to my face.  Don't be a coward and attack Porce.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies