Biden is a good President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:24:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Biden is a good President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Biden is a good President  (Read 961 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2024, 07:40:48 PM »

He's the worst president in my lifetime, which is saying a lot considering his predecessor was Donald Trump.

Unless you were born January 20th, 2009 or after, this is a legitimately insane take.

https://gwbushcenter.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/PEPFAR-one-pager-7.7.pdf

You're saying the one good thing he did cancels out stealing an election and the Iraq war. And somehow Biden is still worse? How?

What about Biden specifically makes him so much worse than Trump and especially Bush? He is far from ideal, but that seems crazy to me.

"One good thing" that saved more lives than the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq cost combined. And the more time passes, the better it looks. Unfortunately he doesn't get credit for it enough because the beneficiaries aren't American and can't vote, but it does benefit America via our image and standing in Africa, which will be one of this century's main sources of population and economic growth.

Well, what a president does for America should be considered more important, as he wasn't the president of any African nation. And in terms of America he came quite close to completely destroying us. And got many servicepeople killed for no good reason. Oh and a lot of those African countries are super pro China now.

What makes Biden worse than Trump to you?

Well by that standard, you can't blame Bush for the Iraqi deaths in the Iraq War either.

Biden has gotten our hand in more wars than Trump. His support of Israel over the past six months is unconscionable. His handling of Ukraine has been good, but it's time to wrap it up. Trump for all his hawkish rhetoric was a peaceful president in comparison, and presided over good times until Covid. His worst policy was immigration, but on that front it looks like Biden wants to follow the same footsteps. I do think a second Trump term would be far worse than the first.

You can blame him for all of the dead American soldiers. Plus the Patriot Act, plus stealing an election, plus the incredibly homophobic rhetoric that made life very hard for LGBT people not too long ago. But he helped a few African countries that are now Chinese vassal states, so I guess all of that is forgiven.

Well yes? Saving 25 million lives outweighs everything you said. Or do they deserve to die because they were born in countries you consider to be Chinese vassal states rather than with a US birth certificate?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2024, 07:44:12 PM »

He's the worst president in my lifetime, which is saying a lot considering his predecessor was Donald Trump.

Unless you were born January 20th, 2009 or after, this is a legitimately insane take.

https://gwbushcenter.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/PEPFAR-one-pager-7.7.pdf

You're saying the one good thing he did cancels out stealing an election and the Iraq war. And somehow Biden is still worse? How?

What about Biden specifically makes him so much worse than Trump and especially Bush? He is far from ideal, but that seems crazy to me.

"One good thing" that saved more lives than the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq cost combined. And the more time passes, the better it looks. Unfortunately he doesn't get credit for it enough because the beneficiaries aren't American and can't vote, but it does benefit America via our image and standing in Africa, which will be one of this century's main sources of population and economic growth.

Well, what a president does for America should be considered more important, as he wasn't the president of any African nation. And in terms of America he came quite close to completely destroying us. And got many servicepeople killed for no good reason. Oh and a lot of those African countries are super pro China now.

What makes Biden worse than Trump to you?

Well by that standard, you can't blame Bush for the Iraqi deaths in the Iraq War either.

Biden has gotten our hand in more wars than Trump. His support of Israel over the past six months is unconscionable. His handling of Ukraine has been good, but it's time to wrap it up. Trump for all his hawkish rhetoric was a peaceful president in comparison, and presided over good times until Covid. His worst policy was immigration, but on that front it looks like Biden wants to follow the same footsteps. I do think a second Trump term would be far worse than the first.

You can blame him for all of the dead American soldiers. Plus the Patriot Act, plus stealing an election, plus the incredibly homophobic rhetoric that made life very hard for LGBT people not too long ago. But he helped a few African countries that are now Chinese vassal states, so I guess all of that is forgiven.

Well yes? Saving 25 million lives outweighs everything you said. Or do they deserve to die because they were born in countries you consider to be Chinese vassal states rather than with a US birth certificate?

Their lives aren't intrinsically less valuable but it is normal to care about non American lives less. Pretty much every country operates that way besides the US and Canada.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2024, 08:01:02 PM »

I wish there would have been a feasible way to require all Americans to get the COVID shot. We'd have 800,000 more Americans walking around today. What a horrible, tragic loss for all those affected families.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2024, 08:11:33 PM »

I wish there would have been a feasible way to require all Americans to get the COVID shot. We'd have 800,000 more Americans walking around today. What a horrible, tragic loss for all those affected families.
The Covid vaccine has far too much controversy and skeptisism behind it to be forced on all Americans. I took the vaccine in 2021 and got anemia and fainted only 1 week later. I have gotten more sick in the last 2 years post covid vaccine than I ever got before the jab. This isn't just a singular anecdotal experience as it has happened to millions. I am a big advocate of say the Polio vaccine or Meningitis vaccine but forcing the Covid jab on everyone is a recipe for disaster.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2024, 08:20:22 PM »

Biden has been a massive disappointment from my already low expectations.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2024, 08:35:10 PM »

I felt that he knew how the world worked, but at least on Israel he tries to compromise too much instead of a solid consistent soft zionist policy (not his fully fault, trought). I think that he should try to push at least for a therapeutic abortion federal bill agaisnt the radicalism of some republican state legidlatures on the issue.
He has not been pro factory workers enough. Populism matters!!! #MakeOhioBlueAgain(someday)
#UnionizeNC #WWCbuilttheUSA  Maybe he could had been more pro farm, but it's not like he had any path to make Iowa competitive (it won't happen).
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2024, 08:50:25 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 08:53:50 PM by 7,052,770 »

The Covid vaccine has far too much controversy and skeptisism behind it to be forced on all Americans. I took the vaccine in 2021 and got anemia and fainted only 1 week later. I have gotten more sick in the last 2 years post covid vaccine than I ever got before the jab. This isn't just a singular anecdotal experience as it has happened to millions. I am a big advocate of say the Polio vaccine or Meningitis vaccine but forcing the Covid jab on everyone is a recipe for disaster.

None of those things were caused by the COVID vaccine though. It's all just a coincidence, just haters of Biden trying to contrive a scenario where Biden can be the "bad guy." 80% of Americans and billions of humans worldwide got the vaccine, and if there were any actual negative effects from it, we would have ample evidence by now. Instead all they have is maybe it's very weakly linked to myocarditis, but at a lower rate than COVID itself is, so you're still going to find less myocarditis in vaxxed people than anti-vaxx.

On the other side, you have the cold, hard numbers. There are going to be around 60,000,000 American adults who refused the vaccine for political and selfish reasons, and 800,000 of them and counting died from COVID over the next 3 years. That's 1.3% (and rising).

Maybe one day they'll find long kind of long-term side effect from the vaccine that is not just an illusion. (I mean, they probably won't, but it's possible.) Even if they do, it will be something very faint, many orders of magnitude less than the literal 1.3% (and rising) death rate from choosing not to get the vaccine. It's just basic math. And it's not just those 1.3% of anti-vaxxers who died. It's their whole families, now having to pick up the pieces and live the rest of their lives without their loved one. How bad would it suck to lose someone close to you? How extra bad would it suck, knowing they died needlessly and idiotically, trying to make some stupid anti-Biden statement? It's going to be way more than 800,000 depressed people and broken families that the self-centered, science-denying, anti-American anti-vaxxers inflicted upon our nation. I had a couple of acquittances in that 800,000. Believe me, it is brutal on their families and friends.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2024, 08:57:14 PM »

Biden's legacy could've been better if 14k voters in Wisconsin and a few hundred voters across a few pivotal house seats had been smarter during the 2022 midterms. With more solid majorities, the second half of his term could've been very productive.

In terms of domestic policy, he was almost as good as one could have expected him to be given the circumstances. His FP has been underwhelming, recently teetering on disastrous since the Afghanistan withdrawal.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2024, 08:55:43 AM »

Biden by far exceeded my expectations. While I liked him as VP, I was skeptical when he announced in 2019. In voted for him on ST as my other preferred candidates (Harris, Butti and Warren) were out, but remained uncertain he would be more than a transitional prez to restore the status-quo post-Trump. He definitely moved much more in the direction I wanted to see and guided us through various crisis at home and abroad with a steady hand (Covid, multiple foreign crisis etc.).

I think it's fairly safe to say that he's a better prez than Obama.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2024, 09:52:09 AM »

His cowardice towards Israel when everyone knew they would overreach has been an absolute black mark on his presidency. It has the potential to turn his convention and completely alienate young voters from showing up.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2024, 10:52:18 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2024, 11:05:19 AM by EliteLX »

1) No you don't. That is simply a lie. Your "empathy" is an extension of political cuckoldry we saw that were at the root of all of civil unrest and fiscal irresponsibility of 2020 - 2022.

2) It doesn't matter if it gave you wings and let you fly (which it didn't, it was a developing pfizer pharmaceutical therapeutic to protect elderly, obese, and immune vulnerable from croaking from a respiratory virus and did jack shoot about transmission) - a private employer mandate of any kind is   detestable and an awful precedent. Not even worth debating.

The good the shots did and the hilarity of an executive order employer mandate by hijacking OSHA are not mutually exclusive. Anyways, don't care to reflect on it anymore. It made me scared for how vulnerable the populous is in times of hysteria, and how divisive propaganda in the media and social media is. You read about it in history books, but it was a very real first-hand perspective. And that doesn't even take into account the global turn-of-a-blind-eye to China's malevolent role.

The height of Covid will look like a child's birthday party in contrast to sheer financial, pandemic, or modern wartime fallout in the United States that are very real prospects in our generation.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2024, 11:05:18 AM »

1) No you don't. That is simply a lie. Your "empathy" is an extension of political cuckoldry we saw that were at the root of all of civil unrest and fiscal irresponsibility of 2020 - 2022.

2) It doesn't matter if it gave you wings and let you fly (which it didn't, it was a developing pfizer pharmaceutical therapeutic to protect elderly, obese, and immune vulnerable from croaking from a respiratory virus and did jack shoot about transmission) - a private employer mandate of any kind is   detestable and an awful precedent. Not even worth debating.

The good the shots did and the hilarity of an executive order employer mandate by hijacking OSHA are not mutually exclusive. Anyways, don't care to reflect on it anymore. It made me terrified for how vulnerable the populous is to hysteria, and how divisive propaganda in the media and social media is. You read about it in history books, but it was a very real first-hand perspective. And that doesn't even take into account the global turn-of-a-blind-eye to China's malevolent role.

The height of Covid will look like a child's birthday party in contrast to sheer financial, pandemic, or modern wartime fallout in the United States that are very real prospects in our generation.

I too am very concerned about hysteria and divisive social media, considered how those 2 things conned tens of millions of Americans to refuse a vaccine, a decision that cost over 800,000 of them their lives for nothing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2024, 11:08:09 AM »

The COVID pandemic makes a lot of the complaints about authoritarianism now ring hollow. A lot of people's masks came off and it became clear that almost everyone is a proud jackbooted authoritarian when it comes to the kinds of authority that they happen to like.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2024, 11:11:02 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2024, 11:22:56 AM by EliteLX »

The good the shots did and the hilarity of an executive order employer mandate by hijacking OSHA are not mutually exclusive. Anyways, don't care to reflect on it anymore. It made me terrified for how vulnerable the populous is to hysteria, and how divisive propaganda in the media and social media is. You read about it in history books, but it was a very real first-hand perspective. And that doesn't even take into account the global turn-of-a-blind-eye to China's malevolent role.

I too am very concerned about hysteria and divisive social media, considered how those 2 things conned tens of millions of Americans to refuse a vaccine, a decision that cost over 800,000 of them their lives for nothing.

A sweeping executive mandate hijacking OSHA to force any intervention on 300 million people by means of their private employer isn't an answer. End of discussion, enjoy your day.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2024, 11:13:43 AM »

A sweeping executive mandate hijacking OSHA to force any intervention on 333 million people isn't an answer. End of discussion, enjoy your day.

Well I say it is an answer, and there are 800,000 families who wish their loved one hadn't been scammed out of saving their own life.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2024, 11:15:30 AM »

He’s fine and almost certainly the best we’ve had in my lifetime (I’d give him a solid B, but Afghanistan definitely drags him down a bit), but low bar and all that.

George HW Bush: C/C- (right on the border)
Clinton: C/C- (right on the border)
George W. Bush: F+
Obama: C+
Trump: Whatever the lowest possible rating is, it is far too generous.  Trump was the worst President in American history and at this point is probably the single greatest threat to American democracy the country has faced in my lifetime.  

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2024, 03:37:15 PM »

I will say Biden has had the worst first term out of any president since Carter . He’s been an absolutely awful president and he’d almost certainly be headed for a major defeat if Trump didn’t completely double down on doing what he did the final 2 Months in office
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2024, 03:49:10 PM »

I will say Biden has had the worst first term out of any president since Carter . He’s been an absolutely awful president and he’d almost certainly be headed for a major defeat if Trump didn’t completely double down on doing what he did the final 2 Months in office

No credible political or historical analyst would agree with this assessment. This is wishcasting. If anything Biden has had the best first term in recent memory given that 40% of the voting population has had their brain's melted by Q, and 90% of GOP elected officials have point blank refused to work with him.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2024, 03:51:21 PM »

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2024, 03:57:24 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2024, 04:03:38 PM by OSR stands with Israel »

No credible political or historical analyst would agree with this assessment. This is wishcasting. If anything Biden has had the best first term in recent memory given that 40% of the voting population has had their brain's melted by Q, and 90% of GOP elected officials have point blank refused to work with him.

Really .

1. Biden’s economic policies are medicore at best and it’s nothing but pure gaslighting by democrats to say the economy is great when the vast majority of voters think otherwise. Biden’s policies caused this given he : passed that totally ill advised stimulus bill in 2021, and increased regulations on traditional energy sources so his economic policies directly led to the crises we are facing

2. Biden has given free rein to the bureaucracy and empowered them in ways that has pretty much let them be their own branch of government. This same bureaucracy has undermined actual Biden accomplishments like the CHIPS act as well as they are more interested in social change than anything else

3. Biden’s immigration policies have been a disaster. His decision to halt all deportations , and get rid of remain in Mexico have directly led to the immigration crises we are now facing .

4. Biden’s foreign policy is the opposite of peace through strength . He withdrew from Afghanistan in a complete illadvised way , lifted way to many sanctions on iran , approved Nord steam in 2021 and now is handcuffing Israel . I will give you it’s better than Bush’s or Obama’s but that’s a super low bar

Now I agree Biden’s term is better than Bush’s 2nd , Obama’s 2nd , or Trump’s final two months in office but again very low bar
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2024, 04:27:32 PM »

Really .

1. Biden’s economic policies are medicore at best and it’s nothing but pure gaslighting by democrats to say the economy is great when the vast majority of voters think otherwise. Biden’s policies caused this given he : passed that totally ill advised stimulus bill in 2021, and increased regulations on traditional energy sources so his economic policies directly led to the crises we are facing

2. Biden has given free rein to the bureaucracy and empowered them in ways that has pretty much let them be their own branch of government. This same bureaucracy has undermined actual Biden accomplishments like the CHIPS act as well as they are more interested in social change than anything else

3. Biden’s immigration policies have been a disaster. His decision to halt all deportations , and get rid of remain in Mexico have directly led to the immigration crises we are now facing .

4. Biden’s foreign policy is the opposite of peace through strength . He withdrew from Afghanistan in a complete illadvised way , lifted way to many sanctions on iran , approved Nord steam in 2021 and now is handcuffing Israel . I will give you it’s better than Bush’s or Obama’s but that’s a super low bar

Now I agree Biden’s term is better than Bush’s 2nd , Obama’s 2nd , or Trump’s final two months in office but again very low bar

None of this is real.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2024, 05:26:27 PM »

Your'e just angry that you neocons didn't had a W since 2004.
Btw Romney was a bad candidate time to get over it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2024, 05:27:29 PM »

If Romney won in 2012 , our country would be in far better shape today
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2024, 05:28:53 PM »

That's your oponion.
RGM2609
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2024, 06:18:16 PM »

That's your oponion.
I really fail to see any possible compelling argument against this. Romney 2012 has probably aged better than any campaign in recent memory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies