Biden is a good President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:50:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Biden is a good President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Biden is a good President  (Read 952 times)
SilverStar
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2024, 01:44:55 PM »

And i'm tired to pretend otherwise.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 01:59:15 PM »

Agreed! I'm imploring the yanks to re-elect him
GAinDC

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 02:45:46 PM »

He has done so much!

Overseen absolutely insane economic growth
Forgiven billions in student loans
Appointed the first Black woman to the Supreme Court
Passed the American Rescue Plan, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, and the Inflation Reduction Act
Ended US war in Afghanistan
Signed marriage equality into law
Rolled back Trump’s travel ban, trans military ban, and other harmful policies
Approved the largest Social Security COLA increase in forty years
Capped the price of insulin at $35 a month
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 02:46:50 PM »

Biden is one of the worst presidents ever.
DS0816
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 02:58:52 PM »

In addition to this topic…

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=586744.msg9435692#msg9435692
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 04:08:05 PM »

Biden is one of the worst presidents ever.

Lol, he gave you a stimulus check in 21 that Rs wanted to give us 600 instead he gave us 1400 more
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 04:28:01 PM »

Biden fans are tired. You didn’t see that when Obama was president.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 04:43:47 PM »

He has done so much!

Overseen absolutely insane economic growth
Forgiven billions in student loans
Appointed the first Black woman to the Supreme Court
Passed the American Rescue Plan, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, and the Inflation Reduction Act
Ended US war in Afghanistan
Signed marriage equality into law
Rolled back Trump’s travel ban, trans military ban, and other harmful policies
Approved the largest Social Security COLA increase in forty years
Capped the price of insulin at $35 a month
Explain why half of Bidens Supporters (including me) support him because they can't stand Trump. Biden does not have a workable coalition that can govern.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 04:44:42 PM »

I think he is okay-ish. With his experience and connections he definetely could habe done more, but looks like he is too afraid to alienate different people.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 04:46:33 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 04:50:21 PM by EliteLX »

His failed COVID private business OSHA order and border crisis complicity and willful negligence are quite literally unforgivable (arguably treasonous)

I think he has done an okay job and is obviously a person of good character. But would never consider voting for him after the aforementioned.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 05:28:34 PM »

His failed COVID private business OSHA order and border crisis complicity and willful negligence are quite literally unforgivable (arguably treasonous)

I think he has done an okay job and is obviously a person of good character. But would never consider voting for him after the aforementioned.
I only support Biden because of Donald Trump. If Republicans had nominated someone else, I would not support Biden.

I think you are right about the OSHA Vax Mandate. Imagine if the SCOTUS had not intervened? Everyone would have had to take that crap shot.

He rescinded all of Trumps Border Policies per Executive Order on Day 1, big mistake. He is the lone one responsible for the border crisis.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 06:14:50 PM »

I only support Biden because of Donald Trump. If Republicans had nominated someone else, I would not support Biden.

I think you are right about the OSHA Vax Mandate. Imagine if the SCOTUS had not intervened? Everyone would have had to take that crap shot.

He rescinded all of Trumps Border Policies per Executive Order on Day 1, big mistake. He is the lone one responsible for the border crisis.

There was a bill. Republicans killed it because Trump demanded it be killed.

They have the blame for this as well, mainly because they are the exact same as he is; the only problem the "Responsible Republicans" have with him is that he says the quiet parts out loud.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 06:20:57 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 07:11:55 PM by 2016 »

There was a bill. Republicans killed it because Trump demanded it be killed.

They have the blame for this as well, mainly because they are the exact same as he is; the only problem the "Responsible Republicans" have with him is that he says the quiet parts out loud.
Don't change the subject here! A Bill would not have been needed if Biden hadn't done what he did on Day 1 after assuming Office.

The Biden Admin even when to the SCOTUS to push the Justices to end Title 42, the "Remain in Mexico Policy". A lot of it could have been prevented had Biden not done what he did.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2024, 06:23:29 PM »

He's the worst president in my lifetime, which is saying a lot considering his predecessor was Donald Trump.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 06:24:19 PM »

The first 7 months of his presidency weren't bad. Not a great President but for the first part of 2021 I was starting to tolerate him and viewed him as fairly decent. Then Afghanistan + Ukraine crisis and inflation hit and by 2022 his presidency became a dumpster fire. He ran as this nice old man who would take us back to 2nd term Obama and yet there was no return to normalcy but rather the opposite.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 06:30:55 PM »

Good president, great kisser.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 06:31:38 PM »

He's the worst president in my lifetime, which is saying a lot considering his predecessor was Donald Trump.

Unless you were born January 20th, 2009 or after, this is a legitimately insane take.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 07:05:43 PM »

Unless you were born January 20th, 2009 or after, this is a legitimately insane take.

https://gwbushcenter.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/PEPFAR-one-pager-7.7.pdf
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 07:09:11 PM »

The first 7 months of his presidency weren't bad. Not a great President but for the first part of 2021 I was starting to tolerate him and viewed him as fairly decent. Then Afghanistan + Ukraine crisis and inflation hit and by 2022 his presidency became a dumpster fire. He ran as this nice old man who would take us back to 2nd term Obama and yet there was no return to normalcy but rather the opposite.

He's better than Trump whom gives tax cuts to the richest man
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 07:10:25 PM »

You're saying the one good thing he did cancels out stealing an election and the Iraq war. And somehow Biden is still worse? How?

What about Biden specifically makes him so much worse than Trump and especially Bush? He is far from ideal, but that seems crazy to me.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 07:18:07 PM »

Yeah because you support Trump 2017 tax cuts that cut taxes for business not support more stimulus checks for poor people. We obviously need more checks but Rs control the H
 We need one more check for everyone 2K
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024, 07:18:16 PM »

You're saying the one good thing he did cancels out stealing an election and the Iraq war. And somehow Biden is still worse? How?

What about Biden specifically makes him so much worse than Trump and especially Bush? He is far from ideal, but that seems crazy to me.

"One good thing" that saved more lives than the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq cost combined. And the more time passes, the better it looks. Unfortunately he doesn't get credit for it enough because the beneficiaries aren't American and can't vote, but it does benefit America via our image and standing in Africa, which will be one of this century's main sources of population and economic growth.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2024, 07:22:11 PM »

"One good thing" that saved more lives than the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq cost combined. And the more time passes, the better it looks. Unfortunately he doesn't get credit for it enough because the beneficiaries aren't American and can't vote, but it does benefit America via our image and standing in Africa, which will be one of this century's main sources of population and economic growth.

Well, what a president does for America should be considered more important, as he wasn't the president of any African nation. And in terms of America he came quite close to completely destroying us. And got many servicepeople killed for no good reason. Oh and a lot of those African countries are super pro China now.

What makes Biden worse than Trump to you?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2024, 07:31:43 PM »

Well, what a president does for America should be considered more important, as he wasn't the president of any African nation. And in terms of America he came quite close to completely destroying us. And got many servicepeople killed for no good reason. Oh and a lot of those African countries are super pro China now.

Well by that standard, you can't blame Bush for the Iraqi deaths in the Iraq War either.

Biden has gotten our hand in more wars than Trump. His support of Israel over the past six months is unconscionable. His handling of Ukraine has been good, but it's time to wrap it up. Trump for all his hawkish rhetoric was a peaceful president in comparison, and presided over good times until Covid. His worst policy was immigration, but on that front it looks like Biden wants to follow the same footsteps. I do think a second Trump term would be far worse than the first.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2024, 07:37:15 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 07:41:47 PM by Horus »

Well by that standard, you can't blame Bush for the Iraqi deaths in the Iraq War either.

Biden has gotten our hand in more wars than Trump. His support of Israel over the past six months is unconscionable. His handling of Ukraine has been good, but it's time to wrap it up. Trump for all his hawkish rhetoric was a peaceful president in comparison, and presided over good times until Covid. His worst policy was immigration, but on that front it looks like Biden wants to follow the same footsteps. I do think a second Trump term would be far worse than the first.

You can blame him for all of the dead American soldiers. Plus the Patriot Act, plus stealing an election, plus the incredibly homophobic rhetoric that made life very hard for LGBT people not too long ago. But he helped a few African countries that are now Chinese vassal states, so I guess all of that is forgiven.

Biden is far too supportive of Israel. Trump would be worse. We should support the Ukrainians as long as they wish to continue fighting and it is the most just foreign policy cause we've had post cold war. As for immigration, Biden has been far too lenient but Trump's family separations were abhorrent, neither are great there.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies